“Thank God for this place and my wedding party”

Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Petaluma
GreenLeadersSilver level
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Thank God for this place and my wedding party”
Reviewed November 19, 2009

I was extremely pleased with the staff and accomodation of this place during my wine country wedding. It seemed like a lot of people were there to attend weddings in the area. There is a restaurant and bar downstairs as well as a small pool. It's close enough to the small town of Petaluma and it's close to Sonoma (driving). I felt like they were very "cool" about a lot of thing you would normally get "busted" for at a hotel, like noise level, etc. I would suggest this place if you need a place for a lot of people to stay. It's probably not ideal for a romantic getaway though. Free parking is also a wonderful thing too.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kingston, Ontario
Reviewed October 14, 2009

What a great stay my wife & I had at the Sheraton in Petaluma. Great view of the river and the boats and although the interstate is close by we didn't hear it.
The rooms are spacious and clean and the staff went above and beyond to help us with anything we needed. They were so great that I felt like I was interacting with friends rather than hotel staff. The bar and restaurant were excellent and of course you're right in the heart of California's wine country.
The only downside is that it's in California and we're in Kingston, Ontario Canada and we can't go there for the weekend when we want. Make no mistake. As the California govenor says. "I'll be back."

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mcfaddenman
SLC, UT
Reviewed October 13, 2009

We stayed at the Sheraton for a weekend a few weeks ago and had a great time. The hotel has a very pleasant relaxing atmosphere and the staff was very friendly. It made a great home base for wine tasting all over Sonoma and the views over the marina in the evening were really nice. Great hotel, I would go again!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Puerto Escondido
Reviewed October 4, 2009

Beautiful location on marina, a little isolated so you needed a car, clean, large rooms but nothing out of the ordinary. A little pricey at $167 and this didn't include breakfast . Make sure that they don't give you a room near the jacuzzi pump. A super loud pump would go on and off right outside our room whenever someone would get into the jacuzzi. We called the front desk and complained and they graciously offered to change our room at 9:30p.m. at night but also said that the noise would stop at 10:00p.m. as that's the time limit for jacuzzi use. Hello - at $167 usd per night I don't want to hear a jacuzzi pump anywhere near the hotel nor be bothered by a room change. I'm sure we weren't the first to complain so they knew the room they gave us had that problem.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
far hills,new jersey
Reviewed September 22, 2009

This place is a pig-sty. When we arrived at the hotel which was in a great location for our needs,we were told that check-in was after 3:00 PM we arrived at 2:30PM,..and they would not have any rooms until then..maybe after 3:30PM..or later. At check in no one was available to help us with our bags..the front desk was arguing with a guest on directions to the fairgrounds..the hotel front desk computer was down and the directions were not available to give verbally.. it seemed no matter where you were going .. route 101 was your starting point.when we arrived at the hotel food service delivered dinner to the people next door..it remained untouched and not picked up for the entire three days we stayed at this dive. The garbage next to the front desk overflowed with same coke can sitting on top.. this was the same for other garbage collection sites within the hotel..at the pool food sat outside for hours and hours. dirt and discarded garbage littered the hallways.with service people walking by and not cleaning up.. on our last day at this hotel our ROOM WAS NOT CLEANED OR MADE UP UNTIL AFTER 5:00PM...Front desk has a bad attitude and I saw a few times that they did nothing to reverse bad hotel policy. i could go on..but never again. the hotel seems to be a training place for star-rude staff.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank poopyhead
New York
Reviewed September 13, 2009

I am very surprised at the negative reviews on this place. My husband, 3 year old child and I stayed here for 3 nights and had a super time. I did lots of research before booking this hotel, I KNEW it was not directly in the town of Sonoma, if you read, you can clearly see that. That being said, I probably called 8 or 9 times with questions before booking. I did capture a great rate, and I was always answered in a polite, friendly manner. The front desk was very nice, cordial and had great suggestions ( eat at Risibisi, an excellent Italian restaurant).
Ms. Garcia and Octavio at the front was especially nice and they also sent a bottle of wine to our room for our anniversary! Lovely surprise. All the staff was extremely professional. I found the pool to be uncrowded and clean, we used it everyday. Internet service was free, not all rooms get a signal though, so they have free computers downstairs for the guests, my husband and I used both when our daughter napped. We ate at the restaurant for breakfast only and it was delicious and the service was very good too, price for 3 was $37. Not bad. The gym and room were sparkling clean and the bed was very comfortable. Sonoma is about 20 minutes away, but there is plenty to do in Petaluma, especially if you want good food, there are nice UNCROWDED places to eat. Also they had free wine in the lobby from 5-7! Yum. My husband and I are in the hospitality industry ( I own a B&B on the East Coast) and I think we are very picky in general. Sheraton Petaluma was very nice, and we were happy we did not stay at the Fairmont Sonoma for $250 per night, most of my family stayed there and we had just as great time for half the price. Didn't want to leave.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank wkdwtch
Chestnut Hill, PA
Reviewed September 10, 2009

Just came back from a trip Sonoma & Napa wine country. Had a deal with Starwood for points and this was decent and by the marina. Nice views, poor internet service but (some) front desk staff made up for it with local restaurant insights and coupons. In house restaurant was fair at best, no free coffee($2.00?!), poor internet "Link" If it was not for the points and the price specials, would not stay again

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petaluma
Best Western Petaluma Inn
Metro Hotel & Cafe
Metro Hotel & Cafe
#1 of 8 in Petaluma
Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center

Been to Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma? Share your experiences!