“Pleasant stay”

Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Petaluma
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Stayed here briefly as part of a travelling holidays. Hotel is quite nice and a fee minutes drive from the fabulous town of Petaluma. I misjudged from the pictures and thought the hotel would directly access the marina (I.e. perhaps have a bar or restaurant with outdoor terrace on it) but it doesn't.

Staff are very friendly and the facilities are good. Wifi throughout. I recommend taking the walking trail right next to the car park.

Would stay again although would probably get somewhere in the town itself.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
David S, General Manager at Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Hello Improvised,

Thank you for your awesome review and comments! I am really glad you enjoyed our city of Petaluma and the hotel. You found the hiking trail through our adjacent wetlands and bird sanctuary, that walk is a real treat!

Safe travels back to Ireland and we hope to see you back in California soon!

Reviewed June 12, 2014

I was driving late and called to book a room. Good thing, only two rooms left. They were hosting a large wedding so rooms were in short supply. My room was very nice, on the 4th floor, clean and quiet. I will stay here again

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Hi Steve,

Very glad we had a room for you on one of our busy nights and that you had a very nice stay. As you live in Sea Ranch you may have an opportunity to stay with us again.

Best wishes until then,

Reviewed June 5, 2014

First, the beds were extremely comfortable and the rooms very nice. I am not sure they checked them out between stays: shower whistled, drain clanked when draining. Confusion over "green" requests for sheets not changed - one staff said could be done day by day, another that once you asked for that you had to call to change. Conference room very cold, and for some reason they were unable to make it warmer - all we could do was turn of the AC, but it remained cold for much of the stay. I sound like a whiner - the staff was helpful, the chef was wonderful, the lounge and dining room very comfortable and welcoming. Best of all was the bird sanctuary off the parking lot where you could walk for miles in a beautiful area with flowers, grasses, birds, swans, and beauty.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Gillian H
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great place, well kept. We stayed a few times for weekends, convenient, close to our friend place. In April, it was one weekend we could not get the room there, but all hotels in the valley were sold out, perhaps Dry Creek Wine Passport attracted more people this year

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Misteru55
David S, General Manager at Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Hi Misteru,

Thanks very much for your review and for your ongoing visits. We really appreciate your psoitive comments and hope we will see you again soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is our third stay at the Sheraton. It is nice and clean with comfortable pillows. Our check in was a little difficult. I had booked the hotel using my husband's name. When I went in to check-in, he left to park the car. At check-in I was not allowed to check in since it was under his name. I showed her my confirmation email that I saved on my phone but she said the number didn't match. I don't think I've ever tried to check in at a hotel as a husband/wife and not been able to check in with his name. The clerk said she would wait while I went to the parking lot to get him. I did and when I came back, she had gone on so we waited in line again. Although I do not fault her for following protocol, it was a rough start.

The room was ready and the rest of the stay was nice. I usually enjoy the bed but this one seemed to be a bit soft and woke up with a sore back. It was also quite noisy ... again, another first for this hotel. Usually it is very enjoyable which is why we have stayed 3 times.

Room Tip: Since we had 3 in our room, I should have noticed that we had reserved a room with 2 double beds. We...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pljimison

Hello PL,

Thanks very much for your feedback and I am pleased you had a good stay overall and have been a return guest. Regarding your issue at check in, please accept my aplogies for this. For guest safety and security we follow a strict protocol and it does require the person in whose name the room is booked to be present. We may not have explained this as well as we could have. Thanks again and hopefully we will see you both again soon.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Sheraton since we didn't want to pay a lot for a hotel in Napa or Sonoma. The hotel is about 15-20 mins from Sonoma so we felt it wasn't too far of a drive. The property is kind of off on its own and not really close to anything. Since we were staying for only one night, this wasn't a problem.

We arrived in the evening and it was easy to find parking. The lot is huge and it was great that parking was complimentary. Check-in was fast and we were given room 315. The room was very basic but we liked that it was large and spacious. My boyfriend wanted some wine so we checked out the hotel bar and convenience store. As one would expect, the hotel had a vast selection of wines with a focus on local wineries. It was good to see that the convenience store offered nice gift baskets from local shops. This would be convenient for guests who might need to buy last minute gifts from wine country.

Overall, the hotel was fine. We didn't need too much since we were only staying there for one night. There are a couple things that can be improved though. While it's great that internet was complimentary, it stopped working sometime around 9 PM. The video checkout option also didn't work when we tried.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LC411
David S, General Manager at Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Hi LC,

Very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thanks very much for commenting and I hope you will have a chance to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Stayed here for one night with family. The hotel is nice and clean. Room size is good for a family of 4. The pool was nice. The location is alright. Not much to walk too. Not sure if I would return based on the location.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank sksanche

Hello sksanche,

Thanks very much for your review and comments and I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay overall.

All the best,

David Scott

Also consider these accommodations in or near Petaluma
Best Western Petaluma Inn
#1 of 9 in Petaluma
Quality Inn Petaluma - Sonoma
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country
Hampton Inn & Suites Rohnert Park - Sonoma County

Been to Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma? Share your experiences!