I've stayed at this Sheraton several times over the last few years and unfortunately, it's gone from being very good to barely above average.
My last two stays I've had issues with housekeeping... the attitude of the cleaning staff AND the quality of their work. I am very, very sympathetic to people who clean hotel rooms... I can only imagine how HARD a job it is. But on my last visit, the housekeeping staff was not only not doing their job, they were downright unfriendly to me at best and slightly hostile at worst.
On both days of my stay, 5 or 6 housekeepers would gather on the third floor right around the corner of the elevators at various times, hanging out, drinking various energy beverages, essentially having an employee party with their giant carts blocking the hallway.
Each time I tried to say hello while I tried to squeeze by and got zero response (except from one very sweet, pretty, rather short maid... I only use her size to differentiate her). No one bothered to move their carts to make it easier to get by them. It was unpleasant and not what I would expect in a Sheraton or similar level hotel. I've never EVER gotten a vaguely hostile vibe from a hotel cleaning crew before, but I got it from them.
After they broke up their "party," there actually was more garbage and debris on the carpet than before they arrived. They left a mess in the hall. It was obvious. And it stayed that was for two days. As I was leaving the hotel, I encountered a dirty carpet on the lobby level (again, it was dotted small bits of litter and had been for my entire stay) and an unattended cleaning cart right in the middle of the corridor in front of the elevators. I've never seen this in a hotel. Whoever is managing housekeeping (and possibly the hotel) is not doing their job. This is a sloppy, undisciplined crew and they make a bad impression on guests.
Beyond staffing issues, my mattress was hard yet saggy at the same time (I had to double up a comforter and put it under my sheets to plump it up). The decor is holding up fine, but the window latches were broken and the wallpaper in the bathroom was stained.
This hotel used to be the best option in the Petaluma-Rohnert Park area but it's slipping. Hopefully, it won't slip too much farther. It's an attractive hotel with plenty of free parking on a nice little marina with easy access to the 101. I have always enjoyed staying here and hope that management at the hotel reads this review and starts doing their job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Sonoma County Petaluma is close to the area's premium wineries, spectacular Pacific beaches, dense redwood forests, and a variety of golf courses, and art galleries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma Hotel Petaluma
- Sheraton Petaluma
- Petaluma Sheraton
- Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma CA