“Relaxing welcoming and such a great place to stay”

Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Petaluma
GreenLeadersSilver level
Petaluma
“Relaxing welcoming and such a great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

The beds are very comfortable. The customer service was fantastic The hotel Resturant was very reasonable and very delicious I would have stayed longer if I could The staff made me feel very welcome Petaluma is a very nice town and worthy of a visit

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Ashley D, Manager at Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to connect with us at the Sheraton Sonoma County. We appreciate your feedback and are grateful for your comments regarding our hardworking associates. Each and every one of our team members prides themselves on providing our guests with the highest level of customer service. Thank you again for sharing your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Jose, Ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Book on Hotwire and to get the best rate. room is clean well appointed, we had a view of the marina which I wouldn't pay extra for if I had the option but was ok. The bar was nice and the bartender recommended a great restaurant downtown Cucina Paradiso.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

This could be a nice hotel if it was properly staffed and maintained better. Upon check-in we were told that we would be getting a different room because the occupants from the previous night had caused such excessive damages that they couldn't get our requested room ready in time. I requested a robe from house-keeping services and was told I would have to wait until the next day. The robe I finally received was worn thin and had holes in it. Several times during the stay there was only one person at the front desk who was also acting as the concierge and having to staff the hotel's general store. We did like the location of the hotel since since it was a short drive to downtown Petaluma and conveniently located to Sonoma.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank tomczyk
We appreciate your feedback and value your important insights. I have shared your comments with our Director of Front Desk and Director of Housekeeping and we will look into these issues immediately. We are sorry to hear that you encountered these inconveniences and would love the opportunity to show you what a stay at the Sheraton Sonoma County should feel like. Thank you again for your feedback and please contact us directly at christian.james@sheratonpetaluma.com if we can be of any further assistance.
cotati
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Last evening my girlfriend and I went to a meeting at the Petaluma Sheraton, We arrived a little early so we were going to unwind after a long day with a drink at the bar, The bar was not that busy however, the older women bartender was in the midst of finishing a drink order for one of the tables so we waited politely for a few minutes to let her finish,well!! I guess we were invisible because we waited and waited and waited as she returned still ingnoring our existance she went on to opening packages of chips without even as much as "I'll be right with you" so at this point we decided to no bother and head into our meeting, Then! as we had our backs turned walking away I hear her call out "what can I do for you"? too little to late....When I walk into a establishment be it a dive bar or a high end restuarant one thing is always a constant, FIRST IMPRESSIONS!! This place failed that test, In my opinon your bartender sets the tone and she definetly set the tone,need I say more?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cleveland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was a great hotel at a good price.
I booked this on Hotwire for a great rate of $66/night. It was a great; the price made it all the more sweet.
A caveat before I begin: If you are in the Sonoma area to do wine tastings, I have to say that this is not a great location: To hit a lot of the great wineries in the Dry Creek Road/Healdsburg area, you are looking at a good 35 mile drive from the hotel to the wineries. So, considering that you won't want to/probably shouldn't drive that far after a day of tastings, you might be wise to find another hotel. Certainly there are closer wineries, but the really great ones in Sonoma - I think - are up in the northern section of Petaluma.
Too bad, because this hotel is awesome: big, comfy beds with high-quality linens. Nice bathrooms (though the shower pressure is a little lacking). Room was immaculate, and we had a great view of the marina right out of our window.
Special kudos to the housekeeping staff: Hey management: Whoever cleaned room our room on the second floor should get a raise.
Great place! Highly-recommended!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank kabbagehead
Lansing, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are about what you'd expect. Clean, modern, tad bit tired... Comes with frig, no microwave. Internet is complimentary, but very slow even at wee hours of night. The hotel itself, the lobby area, etc. is quite nice. You're also about a five minute drive from downtown Petaluma, a nice place to chill and walk about!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Beverly Hills, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I arrived in the evening after sitting in traffic and was grateful to find a nice appetizer and drink service available as I booked an executive level room. I had a meeting the next morning so the delicious breakfast was icing on the cake. My room was clean and quiet. I highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: My room was down the hall away from the elevator so it was quiet.