“Stayed for 4 nights - great experience!”

Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Petaluma
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I live in Petaluma and we had to move out during some renovations of our home. We chose the Sheraton because it has some of the nicest views in town of the waterfront and during the off season all of the boats are lit up and it really looks magical. We spent 4 nights in a standard King room, which was large compared to downtown SF hotels we have stayed in. Bathroom was adequate for both of us, great large HD TV. The biggest surprise was how much fun we had hanging out in the lounge, which was always buzzing with people (great value and good food!) as well as our one night in Tolay, which had a more formal (romantic) experience. The front desk staff was always pleasant and the housekeeping staff kept our room very clean.

Room Tip: I would pay the extra money for concierge club access, the food was great and there was a balcony an...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 28, 2012

We spent the night after Thanksgiving Friday here, after visiting one family group and on the way to the next. First of all, we got lost in the evening fog, and the desk person was very friendly and helpful getting us there with easy to follow directions. Jason checked us in and was courtesy itself. Our rooms were very comfortable. (Two rooms, one for us and one for my mother.) The heating system was easy to understand and use. The beds were outstanding - very, very comfortable. My husband and I got room service which was served by Kayla. It was delicious and hot, and on time. My mom wanted to eat later in the dining room. It is by the pool area and was kind of cold that day but they turned the heat on. Wendy served her very professionally. We walked along the marina which is adjacent to the hotel before leaving. A wonderful, energizing stay before the next onslaught of relatives.

Room Tip: Ask if they have a marina view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel is a nice looking chain hotel on the Petaluma River just outside core Petaluma near hwy 101. It has a very nice lobby area, restaurant and pool. All parking is in front of the hotel; some of the lights were not working so it was sometimes a bit dark. Front desk staff were very pleasant and efficient. Room was comfortable, clean, quiet but nothing special for this type hotel and price. Nice feature was $5 each day you declined maid service. You need a car here, there wasn't much in walking distance. All in all, a good stay, I would return.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I recently stayed 3 nights at the Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma. I got this hotel on a hotwire deal (4 stars for around $80/per). Great location right where Hwy 101 and 116 come together. This gives you a straight shot to Santa Rosa, Marin or Sonoma. There are tons of great places to eat within a short drive. They have a nice little bar tucked away there if you would like a cocktail, glass of wine, or cold beer. You’re right on the marina so you can take a stroll down around the boats. The hot tub was perfect even in November. Very clean and very professional staff.

My only complaint was the starbucks there was terrible. I got two white mocha's and two hot chocolates and all four where terrible. The next morning we drive to the Starbucks about a mile east on 116. So avoid the starbucks in the hotel! Everything else was top notch!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed a couple of nights at the Sheraton Petaluma. It is in a nice location for visiting this area. The room was ok, nothing too fancy.The first room that we were given looked at the side of a building. The next room was better with a little view. Breakfast was good at the restaurant. They really need to upgrade the toilet paper!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank isoyhappy
Reviewed November 16, 2012

With only a short drive from SFO, great spot to start a wine country holiday. You will want to stay in the valley itself for the majority of your stay. This location provides a great base to.explore the outskirts, while enjoying a predictable Starwood experience.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were tired when we arrived after a long flight and as a Platinum I was expecting a room on the club level. Room 1 was in the apex of the hotel wings and had a view of 3 other rooms (no marina or hills at all). I went back down and asked for a different room, this time we got a tiny room right next to the room service closet (noisy) with no safe, and no bathrobes. I went back down and this time a different gentleman helped me we ended up in a delux king on the second floor with club access - I was very disappointed with this level of service as I was on vacation with my husband if it had just been me on a business trip the room would not have mattered as much
On day 2 after a long day put visiting wineries we decided to grab some appetizers in the bar. The food was OK however we waited for 20 minutes for our bill and I ended up having to go up to the bar to get it
If we return to this area again we will not be staying here it's just not up to the level of service I'm used to

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petaluma
Best Western Petaluma Inn
#1 of 9 in Petaluma
Quality Inn Petaluma - Sonoma
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country
Best Western Sonoma Valley Inn & Krug Event Center

Been to Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma? Share your experiences!