“Friendly, delicious lunch!”

LUMA
Ranked #28 of 267 Restaurants in Petaluma
Cuisines: Pizza, Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: LUMA is a neighborhood restaurant in Petaluma's riverfront warehouse district serving lunch and dinner and brunch in a casual atmosphere. LUMA's wood fired oven is the source of an eclectic and creative array of dishes such as cripy brussel sprouts with pancetta, herb roasted chicken over mushroom bread pudding, and the oven roasted pear. Also plenty of thin crust pizza and fresh salads! Enjoy dining at the bar where you'll find a carefully selected list of wines from around the world and beer on tap as well as in the bottle. Easy parking, outdoor seating, kid friendly, a local favorite!
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Three of us walked here for lunch while shopping. The wait staff was very friendly and really knew his menu, and ingredients. we all had the special of the day, a Vietnamese sandwich on a baguette! The pork was thin sliced, tender, and flavorful. The slices of jalapeño, celantro leaves, and dakon raddish, all added to the taste. It was not over spicy, but I loved the chilies. Sometimes chiles are hotter than others. Depending on growing, and age. We also had coleslaw and marinated onions on the side. We cleaned our plates and were very satisfied with our choice. Walking in you see a bar as the center piece of the rom. Beautiful wood, and one of my friends comes here for dinner and sits at the bar with her husband. We had a booth, and were very comfortable. The owner also stopped by our table adding to the personalization of our experience. I am looking forward to another visit, and exploring the menu!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Came for Sonoma County Restaurant week. Overall it was very good with a few plusses and minuses. Small place with the bar right next to the tables, so holding a conversation with anyone across the table is nearly impossible. Coq au vin was tasty and tender with a nice mediterranean spiciness to it. Leg of lamb on paparadelle had a few small slices of meat (i.e. not much) and sauce was pretty watery and tasteless. French onion soup was delicious as was the turkish date bread pudding for dessert. Good service overall and a decent wine selection but most in the $30 plus range. The $29 prix fixe for restaurant week was a good deal but otherwise could be pretty pricey.

1  Thank mobie0309
Reviewed January 23, 2013

After an exploding microwave mishap at lunchtime I decided to give LUMA a try since it is near my office.
Their soup of the day was Ginger Tomato Bisque - yum. Nice and textured and so rich. I also ordered the blackened shrimp salad. At $16 this was delicious, but WAY too expensive for a lunch. let alone a salad. The lady at the counter seemed a little scattered even though there were only a handful of people in the restaurant, didn't offer me a bag to go and I had to ask for bread, which likely would have been given if I had opted to eat in-house. Soup and salad for $22???

1  Thank milosmomma
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I have gone to Luma three times now. Each time has been very enjoyable, the ambiance is great. This place is cozy and has a great vibe.
The pizzas are amazing. Last night my boyfriend and I shared the pear & brie pizza, (it is topped with fresh arugula) and it was to die for. I could have eaten the whole thing by myself, so if you are fairly hungry make sure to order more than a pizza to split... but don't forget to save room for desert!
I had the specail which was chocolate mouse with white chocolate whipped cream...needless to say I ate the whole thing. Luma seems to be notorious for their key lime pie aswell!

1  Thank squishybear
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Fabulous food with lively wators and aroma. It will definitely be recommended to all friends and Petaluma people. The food is amazing and the people are polite and full of spirit. The menu has a nice selection and they make you feel comfortable.