“Best trip experience”

Lagunitas Brewing Co.
Ranked #1 of 267 Restaurants in Petaluma
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The brewery serves sandwiches in its Tap Room and Beer Sanctuary. It's open for lunch on weekends.
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

We started off in Santa Rosa visiting the breweries there on Tuesday as Lagunitas isn't open mon/tue. Wednesday we got up, drove to the coast, and then arrived at 1200 ready for some food and brew. DOH- they didn't open till 2! So we went and got a bite nearby and walked the shopping center for two hours.sigh.
Well, we came back and the parking lot was already getting full! On a Wednesday at 215! Good thing they had plenty of seating. We sat just inside the taproom and I ordered up the 'around the world' sampler. The waitress was well versed in the beers and explained all the seasonals with a good amount of detail. The sampler took up most all the room on the table!
The brewery tour started at 300 and I was only 1/2 finished with the sampler, while everyone else at the bar chugged their pints and took off after Tony the guide. My wife came back from the gift store and said 'where'd everyone go?' The place had cleared out! That settled it, we were staying for the 500 tour! (That was my plan anyway) we ordered a brown Sugga for my wife and I went back to tackling the sampler. At about 415 we ordered some awesome pork nachos that hit the spot. They had a great smoked flavor. I can only say that the beer was great, as there was so many I can't say which was my favorite. Sebastopol, wet dog, and imperial stout were standouts. If you like beer then they will have at least a few you like. At 500 Tony was back and rang the bell for the tour! it was like a horse race of people finishing beers and food and lining up to follow him! hilarious!!
The tour was very informative (not just for beer snobs) and I suggest EVERYONE go at least once. It was a highlight of our trip! After the tour we nabbed a table in front of the stage and listened to some good music and had a brew to top off the night! Thank you Lagunitas for making our little getaway trip worthwhile.

1  Thank 4CacheMonkeys

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We had a great time. Tried their sampler, which provided an adequate taste for four beers. They also have a grand sample of 21 beers for $21. Didn't dare try this one.

Check their web site before you go, since they often have music starting at 4:30. The bar was crowded with the music, so we sat in the tent. They had heaters.

We did eat. I only had the nachos in avocado. Really good and ample for the price. Our companions had sandwiches. Both said they were very good and reasonably priced.

This was a welcome change after a day at the vineyards.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

The place is large with even larger outside seating areas. These are covered and heated and where the music is. Many different beers all cold and fresh with small tasters available. Food is very giod pub grub. A great place to party especially the younger crowd.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

The atmosphere is great, complete with music, good food, dogs, and relaxed and happy people. And the beer: OMG!!! There are usually about a dozen different brews available and they are all great! I always have to get a sampler because I can never settle on just one. The tour is also unique - it took us over a year to get around to doing the tour, since we were usually too busy drinking beer and having fun to join the tour, but I'm glad we finally did it. I hope they reproduce not only the brewery, but also the Taproom, when they expand in Chicago next year.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Showed up in their outside garden for a beer and a sandwich,very good venue. Band was exceptional,large crowd( dog friendly) and the IPA the best I have ever tasted,wow! The menu needs some work ,service was good and the place was packed at 4pm. You'll really like this place,put it on your social calendar you won't be disappointed!!!!