“Good food, expensive!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Sacramento, California
“Good food, expensive!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

The food was normal Mexican food. The menu was small and the items were expensive. The portion size was good. If you are looking for a clean, good atmosphere, decent Mexican food establishment try them out! The salsa was great!!

“Surprise Party for Relatives”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Great food, great service, very accommodating staff for a large party. Could of used a bit more space for arriving and waiting for sitting down. But otherwise, recommend restaurant for a party!

Visited February 2013
Petaluma, California
“Sunday Champagne Brunch”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The Tres Hombres has changed their selections for their "Sunday Champagne Brunch", however: it wasn't a positive change.

Also, my wife and I like to sit in a little larger table because we don't like tables that are cluttered with no room to comfortably eat. I don't think they appreciated us asking for a larger table. One time we went for brunch and the waitress poured our glass with champagne and left the bottle for us. The next time we went, the waitress poured our glass, took the bottle and never came back. I don't have to tell how we felt about that lack of service.

The Tres Hombres brunch selection used to have a wider and more flavorful selection. I cannot figure out why they decided to go with their present menu.

I would however, highly recommend their regular menu as it contains very delicious and traditional items.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank NashMan10
Petaluma, California
“Not good plalnning.”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Our last visit here was using a Groupon. they were totally unprepared for the number of people who showed up. They ran out of pretty much everything at one point or another. Not a good experience.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank devenich
Santa Barbara, California
“Hmmmm...miscalculation? or overall bad planning?”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

While planning my trip, I visited Groupon and Living Social for the opportunity to try some random restraunts in towns we are visiting. When I saw the Unlimited Brunch for 4 with Bottomless Champagne Groupon at Tres Hombres, I had to get it as we were visiting for my dad's 79th birthday and thought this would be perfect!

First problem...when you get the address to Tres Hombres and aren't from Petaluma...you will be LOST. As my poor mom and dad followed we headed to where 151 Petaluma Blvd SHOULD be and were right behind a woman with a Living Social certificate looking for the same restaurant and asking a shop owner where it was. Turns out there is a Petaluma Blvd. and then a Petaluma Blvd. South where the odd numbers are on the opposite side of the street...and this restaurant is actually inside a cobbled "paseo" across from a MOVIE theater, not the Petaluma Theatre that I was expecting. SO...once we had hoofed it a few blocks we got to the restaurant at 1:30pm on Sunday. Let me reiterate that we had a Groupon for the unlimited brunch and champagne which did NOT say we needed reservations, plus said was served from 11-2.

As soon as we walked up we were told that they were no longer serving brunch AT ALL because they had "run out of eggs, run out of champagne," etc.

I proceeded to say that I was only in town for a couple of days only and that the Groupon would be of no use to me on any other day and I had meant it to be a birthday brunch. The owner/manager (?) did allow me to use the Groupon for face value toward the lunch menu. I was actually satisfied with this at the time, but as I have thought about it...I had purchased a certificate that had a value of 4 brunches at $19.99 each and instead they covered the $32 that I paid for the certificate. I could have gone anywhere...hmmm...

The food was decent. Nothing that I would write home about. I got 2 tropical fish tacos which were very very light on the fish. Clearly they had also run out of ice in their mad rush of Groupon/Living Social users (what restaurant puts BOTH of these out on the same week!?) as our water and iced tea had no ice. I had to ask for utensils, straws, napkins, etc.

It's a bit hard to blame the servers if they were completely swamped from 11-1, but they were clearly taking their breather after the insanity of the morning...no chip refills, no drink refills, nothing extra at all.

After our experience I would probably never return to this restaurant on a future trip. What I was hoping would be a lovely all-you-can-eat brunch with champagne and dessert ended up being a couple of stingy tacos and warm iced tea. Bummer. Sorry dad! Hope I made up for it today! ;)

• Visited July 2012