“Inexpensive, With A Totally Remodeled Room”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Petaluma
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Petaluma
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I was just looking for a comfortable place to stay for the night, nothing fancy, good price. This hotel has low prices, so that is not a problem. The hotel building is old. It is located about 2 or 3 miles from the center of town to the north. But the room I was given was very recently remodeled. It had new carpets, furniture, sink and vanity, toilet, shower, bed and cover all new, walls refinished, nice artwork on wall. I would say it was a little small, even with just a queen in it. The clothes closet is tiny. I didn't use the wifi, so can't comment there. I also didn't use the new ac/heater wall unit or the TV.

The hotel is very close to the 101 freeway, so one end has more noise than the other. I was not bothered by freeway noise because of my room location. My neighbors were all quiet. The staff at the front desk tried to be helpful and friendly, but didn't seem to have a lot of experience doing their jobs. The breakfast was very minimal, with two types of cold cereal and small sweet rolls in cellophane, small selection of tea and coffee.

The hotel is a little hard to find. It is tucked behind and adjacent to the Quality Inn. There is also a casino right next door, but I found it relatively quiet. Yes I would stay there again if I just wanted a bed for the night and nothing fancy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway end of the building to minimize noise.
Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Skytrekker
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Petaluma

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The good

clean, comfortable nice shower, low price for the area
coffee, cereal, juice, wafflesfor breakfast
Lots of TV channels
Friendly staff
Good location
Beds are comfortable
Refrig and microwave in room

The so-so
It's not the Ritz, but what it is has very respectable and reasonable for the price range.
Two double bed room was small.
Tube TV
Sink for bathroom is dated.

The bad
It's right on the freeway so you do hear the noise.
Walls are thin, so there is some noise from next door room.

It didn't bother us as the noise on the freeway was a steady flow so it sounded like whitee noise. While you could hear the neighbors, again it was very not particularly distracting unless we focused on it. The TV volume at a low level volume blocks both noises.

Room Tip: Great if you want a reasonable place to stay, noise doesn't bother you and you will not be spend...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank DennisNSanFrancisco
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Wow! What a nice place. The host, a radiant woman probably from the Middle East, greeted us with a gleaming smile. Our room had that cozy feel. From the room, we enjoyed a breathtaking view toward the Coast Range redwoods. We frolicked in the pool with great joy and frivolity until closing time. Our hosts were happy and gracious. What a breakfast! Best of all, the price was too low. We would have paid lots more for this treasure paradise on Highway 101.

Room Tip: Ask for upstairs in the back.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Sorry to say, I slid between the sheets gingerly expecting that my feet would not be alone. The crowded room was minimally clean. The water was hot. Hotel Impossible would have a lot of suggestions. Whew!

Room Tip: Rooms not in this motel are best chosen
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bigbubba123
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We had a suite which was very clean and roomy. Spent 4 nights there and was very satisfied for the price. The only drawback was the noise from Hwy 101 but...Otherwise it was fine. Not as bad as some of the reviews. We'd stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Standard motel room, comfortable bed, a place to crash on your way to somewhere else. An easy and convenient exit off Highway 101, towards the high end of my value meter. I found the front desk to be friendly and helpful. A casino across the parking lot if you like that sort of thing.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I had booked my room through a site that didn't give me the option of selecting a bed. When they gave me a tiny room with double bed I went back and asked if they could give us a room with two beds. They said they could not. So I called the agent and asked if they could help. They cancelled my original booking and booked me a new room with two beds for just 5 dollars more. They manager's wife was scowling at me the whole time. She's the one that was so rude, her husband seemed reasonable. The new room was exactly like the previous but with two beds and even less space to walk around in. Really cramped with just two people. The next day they were all a twitter because we got back to check out at noon when their check out time was listed as 11 AM, They were not booked up and I could see no reason they could not have smiled and said it is ok when I apologized.

Room Tip: There are other options in the area I would try before I booked this place again.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Bryan P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petaluma
Best Western Petaluma Inn
Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma
Metro Hotel & Cafe
Metro Hotel & Cafe
#1 of 9 in Petaluma

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Petaluma? Share your experiences!