Most hotels that provide the level of service and amenities that The Lodge provides would be rated 5 stars. But, I am only rating it with 4. Why?
In this echelon of premium properties, the stakes are raised. Pebble Beach is one of the most expensive hotels in the United States, and does provide an exemplary level of service and accomodations. But, there are some things that it could do that would improve its standing amongst these properties.
1) There are a lot of "general public" and "tour bus" milling about the grounds. I wondered quite a bit during my trip if rooms were as secure as they could be due to this. Also, as an example, as we finished our round on 18, there was a group of foreign tourists near the 18th green who were allowing their children to play in the sandtraps! No one from the property was willing to say anything.
2) I think they cut some corners because of the "motel" style rooms that open to the outside rather than hallways, and having centralized corridors. This cheapens the feel some.
3) The property is very spread out. The workout club is about 1/2 mile from the rooms (which isn't a problem if you are going to go workout, but for a swim in 55 degree weather, it makes it a little daunting).
4) The restaurants are very good but not great.
The positives though outweigh these things in overall satisfaction. This is a wonderful, once-in-a-lifetime experience. The employees are generally very friendly and helpful, especially those on the lower rungs of the ladder...such as golf course starters, bell hops and waitstaff. All in all, a "Very Good" hotel at this price point and level of expectations.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotwire so you can book your The Lodge at Pebble Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Pebble Beach Hotel Pebble Beach
- Hotel Pebble Beach