“Men's after golf massage” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Spa at Pebble Beach

The Spa at Pebble Beach
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pebble Beach
The Spa at Pebble Beach
You added The Spa at Pebble Beach to your Saves list
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Pebble Beach
Sherman, Texas
“Men's after golf massage”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I am not much of a spa guy.....but my wife coerced me into joining her at the Spa at Pebble Beach after an incredible round of golf. I have been to a couple of spa's, but nothing compares to this experience. I got there about an hour early (after her convincing me I should), and after getting checked in I had about 45 minutes. They are set up for about everything, so I took a shower and shaved. I use an electric razor most of the time, but the conventional shave was awesome and their shaving cream is fantastic. After that I hit the hot tub (that's not what they call it), as well as the wet and dry saunas. All complete, I headed downstairs for my golf massage. They focus on the muscle groups used for golf, and I got some nice tips on stretching to boot. Afterwards, I headed back for another shower, then moved on to my "Reflexology" foot massage. Yep....she also signed me up for that one. I was expected a little foot rub down, but apparently there is a whole lot more to Reflexology than I realized. It felt like he literally stretched every tendon, ligament and muscle in my foot out. Mostly pleasant but occasionally slightly painful (not bad though). All said, the place was really, really nicely appointed, and was a pretty darn awesome experience even for this country boy. They also told me that you can go in the morning and get a pre-golf massage, something I will definitely do if I am lucky enough to ever go back. My wife also really enjoyed her experience. So don't be bashful fellas.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank GrahamTrucks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Pebble Beach Spa is wonderful. It is pure luxury and relaxation. The service is excellent. The staff really takes care of your every want and need. I loved the goodie bag they gave you in your locker with goodies you may need to beautify after your treatment. They have amazing showers and everything you could need to make yourself presentable after your treatments. I recommend having plenty of time to relax before and after your treatments. My girlfriend and I spent the day there for our annual girls spa weekend. They have a little cafe with salads, soups and smoothies if you get hungry, it is a $21 salad but this is Pebble Beach. I enjoyed my day very much and would highly recommend this spa. It is pricey, but worth it. Every employee there really provides excellent customer service. I feel everyone went above and beyond to take care of our every want and need.
The only compliant I have is not with the spa but with the people that attend it. There is a room with a fire pit that is a quiet room. There is a sign that says " please be quiet in this room" most people respected this and were quiet. I was there with my girlfriend and we respected the no talking rule. Some women could not control themselves and had to whisper talk. This was very annoying. When you whisper in a totally silent room it is very noticable. Please have some manners and refrain from whisper talking in the quiet room. Its so rude. I do not care how much money you have, it makes you look low class and like you have no manners when you disrespect everyone else. The only thing that ruined my exsperance was the whisper talking women, besides for that everything and everyone was perfect.

Room Tip: Make sure you have time before and after your treatment to enjoy all the spa has to offer.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

I paid $80 for a gel manicure. The experience was like most others, but I have to say, my nails look great. Plan to spend time there, being a book. It is a very lovely, relaxing place. Sit in the inhalation room or conservatory. Have tea, fruit, or nuts. There is a Jacuzzi (only a few feet deep, but u can't an down). No gym. Plan to walk to the hotel to see the amazing views.

Stayed January 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

I have visited the Spa at Pebble Beach several times and did so again recently. This is the second time I had a massage that wasn't great. The first time I didn't bother to complain. This time I did and there was a message for me by the time I got home from the massage manager.

This time, the masseuse spent an inordinate amount of time on my arms and legs even after being asked to concentrate on my back. It was uncomfortable and not enjoyable. He started on my legs and spent 30-40 minutes on my legs. Even when he worked on my back he was rough. I almost wish I hadn't spoken up and asked him to spend more time on my back. He was professional and I believe he tried his best, it just was not a good massage for me.

They also have changed out the shower heads to ultra low flow. The water flow is so low I had to lean over to rinse my hair in the side jets which was ridiculous. I understand water is an issue but I would rather shower at home --not a great thing for a spa.

The facility is still gorgeous and clean. The staff was very polite and helpful. It's really disappointing that the massage wasn't better. It's no fun to be uncomfortable during a treatment. It is a quality control issue. I will go somewhere else the next time I want to treat myself.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Jo-PB
Saratoga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I spent an entire Sunday afternoon at this spa. I had the Pebble Massage and the Hair/Scalp Rejuvenator treatments. The pebble massage is a hot stone massage which I have never had before. It is totally relaxing. The best part for me was laying down a bed of hot stones while getting my feet and hands massaged. My back felt really relaxed for a couple of days after the massage. My stylist Karen was just super. She gave me the best blow dry style that I have got from anyone anywhere. In addition to the usual amenities, the Spa had a conservatory and a solarium which was a building among the tress with glass on all sides and a fire in the middle. It was very cosy. Everywhere, they had healthy light snacks including fruits, nuts, and one the yummies gluten free nuts/fruit bars. Those disappeared faster than the regular wheat ones.
If you book an appointment, definitely go early and/or stay after the treatment and enjoy the tranquility and the pampering.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank JoanJh
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have had the great fortune of visiting many spa's throughout the U.S. I love the Spa at Pebble Beach! I had an incredible facial, and massage, followed by a rose petal bath. The spa is located in the famous and must see 17 mile drive so the scenery and surrounding area is just breath taking. If I lived close, I would have all of my treatments here, definitely worth it-pure bliss

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had the best facial and a great massage here. Nice jacuzzi, a steam room that was the perfect temperature (not too hot) and a great solarium. Yes, it is a splurge, but if you don't feel more relaxed than you have ever been after sitting by the giant fire pit in the gazebo then there is something wrong with you. Seriously, I could have relaxed by the fire pit all day.Loved it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Cypress Inn
Cypress Inn
#3 of 25 in Carmel
4.5 of 5 stars 934 reviews

Been to The Spa at Pebble Beach? Share your experiences!