“Spa Heaven”

The Spa at Pebble Beach
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pebble Beach
The Spa at Pebble Beach
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Pebble Beach
Pinehurst, North Carolina
“Spa Heaven”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We spent almost five hours at the Spa enjoying a couples massage and pedicures. In between treatments we enjoyed the soaking tub, sauna, inhalation room, etc. in the separate dressing rooms. We also had a bottle of champagne delivered to us at the pool. Service was outstanding and we couldn't have been more relaxed. I wish I could spend every weekend at the Spa at Pebble Beach!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JSFinNC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Stoup
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We had three treatments while staying here ar Casa de Palmera. What a joy to walk from your suite into the multi-leveled spa. Arrive early so you can enjoy all the amenities like the inhalation room, roman style dark whirlpool and my favorite , the quiet room with a fire pit and cozy blankets and chairs . The waiting area is sunny and they offer wonderful lemongrass tea, fruits and veggies and even gourmet chocolates. My facial was relaxing and informative about proper skin care and my two massaged were different in style but both were able to unblock some built up tension and bad energy. Go and live like a princess for a few hours. You can spend as long as you like and even order up lunch.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Stoup
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Let me first say that the place itself is very nice, the service is exceptional and it is super clean.
However, if you get a mani or pedi, do NOT get it from the nice, frail, french woman who has been there for 15 years, as she told me. She CANNOT see and the glasses she wears obviously do not work.
She applied the red nail polish unevenly so that, for example, the top part of the toe nail was significantly darker in color than the side or bottom; and this was for 50% of my toes. She did not pick off all of the cuticle. This pedicure, the next day, looked as if it was already two weeks old. I was so disappointed. I did not say anything to management because I left the property the next day and I will probably never make it back to that part of the country again.
Maybe they are just keeping her around because of her seniority, because I don't believe it is for her skill. Just have someone else there do the job for you.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I loved the conservatory/sanctuary where you wait between services. Beautiful room with a fireplace in the middle and very comfy chairs with blankets. My friend and I each had "A Walk in the Forest" package while the significant others were golfing. All services were great, staff was friendly and attentive and well organized. I left feeling very relaxed. Way more than I have ever paid before for a spa visit but this is also one of the nicest.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I love the Spa at Pebble Beach. It's just a short drive from my home in Carmel and I try to go when I have the time and when I really need it.

Yes, it's WAY too expensive. But, people do need to realize that you're also paying for the amenities separate from your treatment. Sometimes I go just for a pedi and I'll spend hours lounging in the conservatory or the outdoor room with the fire in the middle. So, the fees cover all of those spaces and extras you get when you use them.

I do resent the forced 20% added gratuity and I wish they would reconsider this practice. I would like to tip myself and decide how much. I think they do this because maybe out-of-towners were skimping on the tips and the therapists were suffering (maybe one is more likely to tip the regular person at home but when away they might think that they're never going to see this person again so what the heck? IDK.) or people weren't tipping because the prices are already ridiculous.

The food they bring over from the Beach Club or wherever it comes from is great. I've never had a bad meal from them.

They do need to get the talkers under control better. I've been trying to relax in the outdoor room where there are many QUIET signs posted and people are just yakking it up, laughing, ignoring that anyone else is using the place and I wish the staff would handle it.

Anyway, all of that minutiae aside, it's overall a great spa and I'll keep going. If you're in town for golf or whatever, it's worth a trip here even if just for a couple of hours.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Leslie319
bospuppies5
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I expected more for the location. My treatment was wonderful. The masseuse was attentive and did a great job. Overall I was a little disappointed with the amenities and the small space.

• Stayed March 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Let me preface this review by saying that I have been to many great resorts, and my husband and I try the spas at each and every one. Without a doubt, both my husband's and my massage were the best we have ever had. My husband had a lady, I had a man. Only goes to show that either gender can do a great job! The masseuse encompassed traditional deep tissue massage with some stretching. It was a very good mix in order to get to the muscles that are deep and hard to reach. I would say they use an American blend mixed with Thai massage. Excellent!

So why give just an average rating? Well, several reasons, all based on comparisons to other spas. First, the prices are double and the automatic 20% gratuity is ridiculous. If I like the massage, I will tip. Don't take away my ability to send feedback via a tip.

Secondly, the spa is somewhat dated. There is a boy side, and a girl side, both of which have hot tubs, saunas, steam room, and water feature (which, by the way, is extra $) The only area for couples is the traditional waiting room which we did not find that great.

The food offered was terrible in comparison to other spas. A nut bread which I threw away, some apples, and a tea that was horrible. Other spas I've been to offered multiple drink choices, dried fruits, multiple fresh fruits, smoothies, yogurt pretzels, etc., and sometimes they have attached cafes. This is important because the purpose of the spa is to stay the whole day and relax. You truly have to leave to eat, then come back.

While I saw a pool next to the spa, it was not offered. I do not know if they do not own it or what, but typically, a pool to relax by is normal.

On the brighter side, the locker room was nicely stocked, the robes were very comfortable, the spa products were delictable, and the sandals they provide were very comfortable.

I would certainly go to this spa for therapeutic massages, but not necessarily for relaxation at the prices they are charging.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
#20 of 25 in Carmel
Carmel Mission Inn
Carmel Mission Inn
#7 of 25 in Carmel

Been to The Spa at Pebble Beach? Share your experiences!