“Really great food, fine experience”

Peppoli at Pebble Beach
Ranked #6 of 14 Restaurants in Pebble Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We really loved our meals the evening we went to Peppoli's. The service was near impeccable, so no complaints there. The atmosphere is ok- the decor is a little over the top "Italian". It was a bit like a big hotel chain trying to do an Italian restaurant, which I guess is the deal here since it is a resort restaurant.

The prices were our only complaint- outrageous. For my husband and I to share a starter, each have a salad, and each have a pasta main dish, only two glasses of wine, no bottle, we paid $180. In my opinion, that was 20% too much. If the bill would have been like $140, I wouldn't have even noticed, so it was just a bit over the top. For example, my husband had the ricotta dumplings in a red sauce and I think it was like a $24 dish, should have been $19. So everything was just a little too much. But I know, it is PB, so it's to be expected.

We'll go back again, we'll just remember the prices and that it's not for an average Friday night dinner, but maybe the occasional treat. If I'm going to spend $180, I'm going to Roy's or Aubergine for a nice piece of fish.

1  Thank Leslie319

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is a fine Italian restaurant at Spanish Bay with excellent food and sweeping ocean views. Definitely need a reservation. The outdoor lounge outside the hotel has lovely seating around firepits where you can enjoy before or after dinner drinks - very romantic.

1  Thank Kenneth P
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The food was delicious, the environment was lively but intimate, we really enjoyed this and almost canceled thinking the place wasn't for us.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

This was a nice romantic spot to have a quiet dinner after a day of golf. However, it was a bit noisy once the large group next to us got going. If you want quiet, see if you can get seated away from the large tables. The food was very good with decent value. Arrive at Spanish Bay about 45 minutes before sunset and listen to the bagpiper before going into dinner.

Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

This was such a wonderful dining experience! The service was fantastic and the food was incredible. Very romantic too... I would highly recommend coming to Peppoli!