“Poor service, poor food - not anywhere worth the price!”

Stillwater Bar & Grill
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Pebble Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bloomington, Indiana
“Poor service, poor food - not anywhere worth the price!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

The steak was terrible, sent one back - still came back with a lot of gristle and not cooked to specification. Waitress was not friendly and her service was even worse. The french fries were ok. The view of the 18th hole would have been great had it not been that we were seated in front of construction work on the sewer line! The meal was poor and way overpriced. I really expected more from the famed Pebble Beach golf course. Had the food been great and the service great I would not have complained about the price tag. Unfortunately, it did not live up to it's name/reputation.

Madison, Wisconsin
“It's Not Just For The 1 Percent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

My wife and I were driving the 17-mile drive and decided to stop in Pebble Beach. To my surprise, the public is welcome to dine at The Lodge at Pebble Beach. The dining room is right on the Pacific and overlooks the golf course. Part of the scenery is an extraordinariy nasty sand hazard at the green. We ate on the terrace. I have a sirloin burger with garlic fries, and my wife a very substantial bowl of lobster bisque. With two soft drinks, the price was about $50. The food was superb, the view incomparable. It was very nice to soak up the ambience of this golf institution. It's a great place to stop. I'm not a golfer, but I enjoyed it. If you are a golder, you can play the affordable par-3 course next door.

Toronto
“AT&T Tournament stands made for an okay view”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

Had a very nice lunch on the balcony and it would have been amazing if the view of the 18th green and ocean wasn't blocked by stands set up two days before practice rounds started. For two non-golfers the experience was compromised. Would recommend checking the other restaurants if you are going before a tournament.

Pebble Beach, California
“Excellent food and great view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

We went to the restaurant for lunch with a large group of family and both the food and service were excellent! The restaurant was busy since it was in between Christmas and New Years but our server took great care of us. We ordered several different entrees and appetizers and everyone commented how great the food was. Although the food took a little longer to get to us than I would have anticipated, it was delicious. The bill was a bit pricey but I can't complain about the quality of the food. I have learned that you often get what you pay for! I would highly recommend this excellent place to anyone in the area. The food and views of the water make it an excellent place to visit!

• Visited December 2011
California
“Worth every penny!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

When I heard we would pay $85 for a buffet on Christmas I was shocked. The shocking part was the absolute high quality of EVERYTHING placed before the guests. It was more like going to one's favorite uncle's house! A fabulous variety that was nearly all perfect! The view (we were on the patio) was fantastic! Weather was on our side wth the temperature in the 70s.
I do not remember better customer service in the recent past.

• Visited December 2011