“I will never ride a horse again!”

Pebble Beach Equestrian Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: With more than 27 miles of marked equestrian trails that run deep in the beautiful Del Monte Forest, Pebble Beach Equestrian Center offers an unforgettable horseback riding experience. Choose from a variety of daily trail tours that are led by friendly and professional guides. Bond with colleagues on a team-building excursion, or delight your child with a pony ride. Take a private or group riding lesson, be it with your own horse or with one of our many rescue horses. We even offer horse grooming, boarding and training. Discover the joy of riding at Pebble Beach Equestrian Center!
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“I will never ride a horse again!”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I did this last year and got thrown off the horse because I had a horse that kept grazing and the guide slapped the horse to get in going and it started to run and stopped suddenly. I did not have a helmet and I luckily didn't get a serious injury, but did get major bruises and had to miss a week of work. I wasn't offered my money back or anything, just an apology. I felt that this place was unproffesional and does not put thier customer's safety first. Aside from this unfortunate event, the trail is beautiful. If you do decide to ride the trail just make sure you have a helmet, that your horse has a muzzle, and that you ask about your horses behavioral history.

Visited December 2011
3 Thank CTR1128

Wellesley, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fun, interesting horse ride with beautiful views along coast.”
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

I was very nervous about riding (I rode on Martha's Vineyard, MA years ago and almost fell). No reason to worry at Pebble beach Equestrian Center, I told them of my fear and they put me on a sweet horse (she was rescued from the racetrack and trained for trails). It was a GREAT ride! The guide was very knowledgeable about the sights and sprinkled the ride with interesting tidbits about the golf courses, surrounding homes and ecology of the Monterey Pines. After riding between golf courses, we emerged at the coast, what an INCREDIBLE view!!! It was defintely one of the highlights of our CA trip. The ride was $70 and I gave the guide a $20 tip. Also, the horses are very well cared for at this stable, and everyone i encountered was friendly which made it enjoyable and worry-free.

Boerne, Texas
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Enjoyable ride in a beautiful setting!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

A dozen of my family rode very nice horses through forest, by golf courses, and along the beach, looking at the natural beauty, listening to the interesting stories told by our 3 guides, and soaking up the pleasures enjoyed by the celebrities whose homes we passed. Everyone said they enjoyed the ride and were glad we did it. Not a negative word was heard!

Visited July 2012
Carmel, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Horse Rides”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Great place to have an outing on a trail ride. The kids have had parties here with their friends.

East Bay, California
202 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 189 helpful votes
“great afternoon in nature”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

what a great time we had riding horses through the woods and along the coast. It was a beautiful day to be out. The guide was very informed about the area and good with the horses, especially when one decided to stop and roll in the sand! Saw lots of deer on the golf courses. Beautiful scenery! Would recommend this hour and fifteen minute ride with this center.

Visited February 2012