“Best round I've ever played” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Monterey Bay and Carmel-by-the-Sea Day Tour from San Francisco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Since 1919, the exquisite beauty and unique challenges of Pebble Beach Golf Links have electrified golfers and spectators alike. Designed by Jack Neville and Douglas Grant, the course hugs California’s rugged coastline, providing wide-open vistas, cliff-side fairways and sloping greens. Over the years, Pebble Beach Golf Links has been the site of golf’s most prestigious tournaments such as the annual AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am and five U.S. Open Championships, including the 2010 U.S. Open. We are excited and honored to welcome back the U.S. Open to Pebble Beach for the sixth time in 2019!
Montgomery, Texas, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best round I've ever played”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

I'm not referring to my actual play of course. I did birdie #6 to get back to even through several holes, but just as they say, it gets considerably more challenging (longer) starting with #8. I booked this trip to play Pebble, Spyglass and Spanish Bay at least 5 months in advance, and even though it rained all three days that we played, it was the most I've ever enjoyed a course. All three were in incredible shape, and I assume that is the case any time of the year, and it was just an amazing experience to play courses that I know so well even though I'd never seen them. It was well worth the money. I would definitely, and am planning to do it again! As far as the courses, every person you asks seems to have a different opinion, but Pebble was in a league of it's own. Holes 6-8 alone were more fun for me than either of the other courses, so it's not really fair to compare them. However, Spyglass was in great shape, and still would be in my top 5, but I actually liked Spanish Bay a little more. Possibly because I shot close to scratch, but it was just a really interesting course. I will try to post a few pictures, at least from Pebble (My wife apparently took action shots almost exclusively, so bear with me). The rain cleared up toward the end of the front nine and was beautiful!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jacob H

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Coquitlam, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great father and son experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Went with my dad for his 60th and my 40th and we both enjoyed every minute of it. The costs are quite over the top obviously but it truly is a bucket list type of trip that we will remember and talk about the rest of our lives. As others have mentioned, the course conditions are certainly not the best by any means. Surprsingly mediocre. But the amount of play and water restrictions must have something to do with that. Ocean holes are truly amazing, inland holes are good not great, but the experience and finally getting a chance to play where so much golf history has been made, really makes it worth doing.

Visited October 2013
Williams Lake, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Round of a lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

Incredible....period. Wasn't one of the least expensive 32 hours of my life but worth every penny...

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Dave L
Marlborough, Massachusetts
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Pebble was at the top of my "public" course wish list, and it lived up to my expectations. The views are amazing and it's great to play all of those holes that you have seen on TV. Given that carts are restricted to the cart path, I was glad that I decided to walk the course with a caddy (very helpful reading putts for a first-timer). This was the highlight of our trip and well worth the cost.

Visited November 2013
Fort Worth, TX
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“worth the trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Great golf course and a great experience. I know it is expensive but I believe it is worth the money. I would suggest a caddy or share a double caddy, just makes the experience so much better to walk the course. Can't wait to come back

Visited January 2014