Casa Palmero
Preferred Hotels
$790
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Hofsas House Hotel(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$165
Normandy Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
$159
All reviewsprivate patiococktail hourgolf coursehors d'oeuvrebeautiful resorthotel sparoom servicelarge bathroommile drivehot tubshort walkstayed nightscontinental breakfastpebblelodgeprivacyluxury
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I booked Casa Palmero for the weekend of June 22 to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday. Cheryl took care of everything, from dinner reservations, to spa appointments, and of course booking our tee time. We found the staff very helpful and attentive without being intrusive. We really enjoyed the room, taking time to read in the big window seat and enjoy a fire. The spa was lovely but the treatments just OK. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jgw W
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have been staying at Casa once a year for the last 8 yrs. It used to be superb experience that was unparalleled however each year the service has diminished. Everything from towels to complimentary chocolates have gone from fine linens and Belgian chocolate to ordinary towels and Snickers! The wine used to be fabulous Rombaur Chardonnay or Cab and now it is a random local vintner. Bernardus Lodge is much better value!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank tennislchick
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Things went wrong right from the start, I requested a king room but was given two queens. When I protested I was told that "only two of our rooms (in this category) don't have a king".

All this did was confirm that we were considered one of the two bottom guests in their minds. They offered to check the lodge for space, I would have been impressed if, knowing they were not going to honor my request, they would have checked this in advance. Offering to do this only after we complained made the offer seem hollow and certainly not respectful of my time.

Continental breakfast is brought to the room daily and is of good quality. Two of our three mornings there were small mistakes (missing items) in our breakfast orders. They made it right, but not before pulling the order out to make sure it wasn't our mistake.

Jan who staffs the bar morning hours for breakfast and coffee was a real standout who did every possible thing to make me happy.

Our room was well maintained and very nice, but was cramped by the extra bed.

This is a really special place, and is priced accordingly, but unfortunately failed us on a few levels.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jondf
Reviewed May 21, 2012

The property is georgous. They are individual villas that make you feel like you are in Tuscany. World class spa & of course the surrounding area has some of the top golf courses in the world. A must if you want a relaxing spa getaway with the feel of an Italian villa.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Delightful, pampering kind of place. Nice, separate cottage feel to the accommodations. We upgraded to a room with wood-burning fireplace, cathedral ceilings, private patio w/ spa. Quite large. Great bedding. Super quiet. Large, comfortable bath. A different experience than the Lodge with its great views, but special in its own way.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple