“Rock view and mid-length trail, get there early not many parking”
Review of Devil's Punchbowl

Devil's Punchbowl
Reviewed January 25, 2014

The Punch bowl name, I get it, the short trail with 1 mile length is really a giant bowl-shape basin that's punched by some huge troll long time ago. Really fun and not that hard for any age. The rocks are easily to be explored and sighted in any viewpoint. And the Devil's Chair one is 3.5 miles long and take some time if you're not a senior trail walker. Need to pass nearly 1 mile dessert path, easy but dull since not so much splendid view and change. The following 1.5 miles is covered by trees and with view points along which makes it more pleasant. The last 0.5 mile is a little tough due to the slope, but totally worth it with the view point at the end. And there's also a spot not on the trail but I consider it as the real devil's chair since it looks more like it. Oh, don't forget to bring coat, the woods part is really cold now especially near sunset. And I think no need to say why it's important to get down before sunset.
Get there early, before 11:00 I guess, just 40 parking tops, so~

3  Thank Ying L

Reviewed September 17, 2013

What more can I say? The rock formations are interesting and the hiking trails are great.... while out that way, stop in at Charlie Browns for some overload of schlock and kitch. And good BBQ.

1  Thank HatCat44
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Back in the 80s I made a film here. The sight is very reminiscent of many westerns. Well, that's why we picked it for our Western.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Great place to get a little exercise and beautiful scenery. I was just bored and had a couple of hours to kill. I have seen the area from the air and thought that I would check it out. I never get enough exercise so I thought that I would take the loop. It's an enjoyable hike and nothing too strenuous. Plus the price is just right, and I enjoyed seeing the snakes in the cages.

1  Thank Bill R
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Up in the foothills of the San Gabriel mountains, this gem of a park pacts everything you could ask for in desert flora and fauna. Great for kids, the 1 mile loop trail leads you through the punchbowl without much effort. Kids older than 10 can walk it. For the more adventurous, a longer trail (3.7 miles) will take you up to "Devil's Chair." The visitors center displays stuffed and live animals of the area, including Ruth the Barn Owl and several snake species, including rattlers in enclosures. This is a great destination, but bring water with you; the fountains were disabled during my visit.

1  Thank LightPro