“Great hotel!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chandler, Arizona
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Only negative was coffee maker made extremely weak coffee, like colored water. Service was very friendly. Damasco Fine Food restaurant in the hotel was excellent. Very quiet location in very new area.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Off state hwy & plenty of eating places within walking distance ! The plus is that it has a bat & restaurant ! Did not eat at restaurant , so cannot review on that . Three stories tall if I remember . Parking looks plentiful . Rooms are nice , hallways looked clean and also the carpeting . Now the rooms appear clean and modern . Nothing fancy , just average . I did have a problem with my room , no hot water ! Could be just my room ? Had this problem at another bw . Both hotels w/similar problems were on the 2nd floor , may be poor plumbing . They also have I believe 2 banquet rooms if that is of any interest . Like I said off main interstate and nothing else around . I might add it was a bit pricey for a bw , may be the real estate we are paying for . Conclusion , a decent hotel for the location , and a good place to get some rest !

Room Tip: First floor I believe will have hot water versus other floors .
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 24, 2012

We liked the location best of all. Within really, really short walking distance to Starbucks!! Literally across the parking lot. Plus, the Starbucks was open until 10. I had extra work to finish so grabbed a venti latte and got it done. Also within walking distance (not that these are the most healthy) were KFC, A & W, Denney's, Subway, Quiznos, and the hotel restaurant and bar in the center of the whole thing. It is literally sour rounded by the rooms. The room was spacious by mist standards, bed comfy and even when I called at 1:00 am for a wake up call at 6:30, they were nice and friendly. The bathroom was extra clean which I always appreciate! Being the bath care product snob that I am, having Bath and Body Works products was a definite plus!

Now for the downsides. The in-room coffee was NASTY. Consider "nasty"bolded and underlined. When you stay there, don't even waste your time trying to make or drink the coffee. Put on you slippers and robe and run to Starbucks. You will thank me for this advice. The pool was not open. That was a big downer because the weather was lovely. When places have a pool on their website, they should put the dates that let you know when it's open. Getting this body into the suit and cover up, traipsing through the lobby, only to be greated by a padlocked pool made the return trip back through the lobby that much worse. Wish I'd had access to a hose to at least give the illusion that I'd braved the water. Hee! My hubby thought it was pretty funny since he had stayed in the bar with a beverage and got to observe my return trip, along with all the other patrons. Did I mention the bar and restaurant are in the center?!
Overall, a good place to stop if you need a place that offers a bit more than the usual. A cookie at check-in would be helpful, but I wasn't expecting one. There are a lot of worse places to stay. Would I stay here again? A resounding "yes". Happy travels! Remember, don't drink the coffee. Ew!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Findinggr8places
Los Osos CA
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Very nice, clean room, nice restaurant, some wind noise on the west side of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Nevada City, California
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I love this hotel .. They accept dogs and the amenities are very good. The restaurant has homey gourmet food. The beds and linens are super comfortable. It is an oasis like location before arriving in the mess which is Stockton, if you are heading north . the only things that bothered me this stay was that I could hear diesel truck engines during the night, and the tub had white tape around the edge instead of caulking. Otherwise, it's always a pleasant place to spend the night.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank watermelonlight
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed December 28, 2011

We stay here every year. It's the nicest hotel on the I-5 between LA and Stockton. The in house restaurant is fabulous.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Canadiantravellers93
GM_Garcia, General Manager at Best Western Plus Villa Del Lago Inn, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Thank you for submitting a review of our property on your recent stay at our property.
If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 209 892 5300 ext 400.
Thank you again for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Angel Garcia
shangrila
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Great hotel for the price with good/decent eats on property and across street. Ice maker on 2nd floor has never worked as long as I've been staying here and vending machine on 1st floor doesn't work. I don't understand keeping machines plugged in that don't work but it doesn't seem to bother the property and most employees either don't know or don't care.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us a review. I would like to begin by apologizing for the issues with our ice machine. We have since corrected the problems and they are working fine. It is our intention to provide quality service and amenities to every guest. Your comments have been shared with each member of our staff. We hope that you will give us another try the next time you are in our area. Thank you again for choosing the Best Western Plus Villa Del Lago Inn during your travels and for writing a review. We hope to accommodate you again in the near future.

Angel Garcia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patterson
Hampton Inn Turlock
Comfort Suites Turlock
#5 of 11 in Turlock
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida
Microtel Inn & Suites

Been to Best Western Plus Villa Del Lago Inn? Share your experiences!