“The Hatch Rotisserie, great food but you better eat it fast or they will run you off. ”

The Hatch Rotisserie & Bar
Ranked #7 of 232 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Description: The Hatch Rotisserie & Bar specializes in wood-fired comfort food, craft & classic cocktails, and an extensive whiskey selection. It is small and bustling and reservations are always recommended. A full dinner menu is served at the 15-seat bar (no reservations) and the dining room includes an assortment of banquette seating (half booth) and high top tables. Dinner service starts at 4:30 PM daily. Children are welcome however there is no kids menu or high chairs/boosters available due to space constraints. Please contact the restaurant directly with special seating or dining requests.
Reviewed November 18, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I decided to try Hatch based on the overwhelmingly positive Yelp reviews. I made the only reservation that was available, which was for 5:00 pm.

We arrived a few minutes early and our table was ready. Our service was initially great. Our server was very knowledgeable and help us with our choices. The food was delicious. I had the rotisserie chicken and my wife had the shrimp and grits. We also had a very tasty roasted carrot side and we shared a delicious butter lettuce salad after our entrees.

I thought it was a little strange that our food started arriving before I had even had three sips of my cocktail. Then after we had been there for about an hour, the waiter started in on a thinly vailed attempt to get us out so he could turn the table.

He told us three time that the restaurant had a pop up speakeasy across the street in an alley. Then at about 6:10 he told us that we really should have made a reservation. I told him that we did have a reservation that was booked via Yelp.

By now his tactics started to work so even though my wife still had a half a glass of wine, we decided to free up our table a grab a single stool at the bar so my wife could finish her wine.

We were immediately scolded by the hostess who informed us that we needed a reservation for that seat. I told her that we were just trying free up our table and that my wife just wanted to finish her glass of wine. She then asked us to move to a small corner in the waiting area. To which I finally just said no way we were just going to be few minutes.

At this point we felt so unwelcome that we left without finishing the wine. After dropping almost $200 on dinner I would expect better treatment.

We checked our watch when we left and it was 6:15. We were hardly lingering. I won’t go back, there is lots of good food in Paso Robles with much friendlier service.

1  Thank stan6foot6

Reviewed November 13, 2018

Had a good time but disappointed they ran out of their signature special (prime rib) before 7pm. We were really anticipating having the PR as we were told about it several times as we toured Paso Robles. Replacement dishes were good.

Reviewed November 8, 2018 via mobile

We had an early dinner here Wednesday. Intended for sharing, we had the gem salad and wings for starters. The flavors were sensational, wings had a sweet tangy flavor that was not overly sugary and the salad had a vinegary tang as well. My wife had their special baby back ribs, though not off the bone, the meat still had a soft, juicy chew to it and a tantalizing, almost spicey glaze. I had the meat loaf which was in a tangy, tomato purée with a wonderful fried egg on it. Oozing with succulent flavor and texture. Shared an ice cream Sunday for dessert. Service was professional, attentive, and prompt. Though it's a small place and gets noisy when full, it was certainly a relaxed, friendly place to enjoy a good dinner.

Reviewed October 25, 2018

A group of us went for a four day wine tasting trip to the Central Coast. First night was in Paso. I read about The Hatch on Trip Advisor so we stopped in. It was a Tuesday and crowded at 8, but a table opened up quickly. My wife and I shared a grilled 1/2 chicken special and the plate of beets. Others in the group had burgers and gnocchi. We all enjoyed our meal. I had a Barrelhouse Big Sur Double IPA, two to be exact, and it was cold and delicious. They had specialty cocktails and plenty of draft beers to select from. Would eat there again in a minute.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 22, 2018 via mobile

A cute spot, friendly & great food. Hand over the menu to Ryan and let him decide what to bring to the table. We had a range from Pork Belly, Mushrooms, roasted carrots, prime rib, shrimp & grits (amazing grits!!) and gnocchi w/ butternut squash. Yummy

Date of visit: October 2018