“Fast service, good food, but overpriced”

Cool Hand Luke's Steakhouse & Saloon
Ranked #65 of 205 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2012

There doesn't seem to be a lot of options in Paso Robles anymore that we haven't tried, but Cool Hand Luke's was new for us. We had a 10 minute wait on a Saturday evening, which is perfectly acceptable. The bread was brought quickly, along with beans. My wife and I both had steak and it was cooked to order and served very hot. The baked potato was nice and large, and I like how the drinks are served in mason jars. So what is not to like? I'd compare Cool Hand Luke's to an Applebees or other chain-type restaurant in terms of steak quality, yet the prices are higher than most chains. There are plenty of menu options if you don't want steak, but given that it is a steakhouse that is what we ordered.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

We love going to Luke's. But this time I was very disappointed. Prices really went up. With that said.. I always order the rib eye. It has wonderful flavor !! This time is was not a whole steak it was pieced together. Looked like it was bits and pieces from left overs. And for $22.00 wow. So they brought me another one. I did want to complain again !!!! But it was not a rib eye I really don't know what kind of steak it was. I ate half of it and took the rest home. I was very disappointed with the meal. I have had previous issues with ordering that steak. So when we go again I don't think I will order that. My husband always gets the NY and its always good.
I guess I should have said something. I will next time. I feel when you pay that much for a meal it better be right !

Reviewed January 22, 2012

A nice, local steakhouse. Big portions, yummy food, great service what more can you ask for?

Reviewed January 8, 2012

Must be turning in his grave as this place is below average.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

This place served the best Ribeye I have had all year. Apparently, this is one of better items on the menu. The steak was marinated and cooked to perfection. Rarely do I get a medium rare steak cooked to perfection for under $20. I was ecstatic; however, the waitress warned me that sometimes the cook gets it right and sometimes he doesn't. This night, he got it right. Parking is a bit crunched and we suggest you go later as the restaurant is atop other businesses. Pretty rustic setting with a good mixture of all races present. Thoroughly enjoyed.