“Okay diner food.”

Ranked #52 of 195 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Santa Cruz, California
“Okay diner food.”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Located right off Hwy 101 and just north of Paso Robles. Next to a gas station/truck stop.

Easy to find with an enormous parking lot.

Very nice, small, family diner. Great for a home cooked breakfast.

If you want less salt make sure you TELL THEM otherwise get ready for a sodeum blast.

I paid $8 bucks for a (salty) breakfast burrito to-go (ham, saussage, eggs, cheese, potato). Fat and full, had to be a full pound!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Danny_OI812

“It's like going to your favorite diner in your home town. In minutes everyone knows everyone and all are eating well”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Excellent food, large portions, great service. Definatly worth the stop.

“$5.00 for 2 coffee refills?!!”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Stopped in for breakfst. Food was good. Had our own coffee mugs with us and waitress asked if she could give us a refill of hot coffee. After she had asked 3x we agreed. Got the bill and she had charged $2.25 per refill.
Don't know if we'll stop there again.

Bakersfield, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jose has left the country leaving terrible food behind/worst in the world”
Reviewed January 12, 2011

I had heard fair things about this truck stop cafe so my friend & I tried it. Big waste of money. This was the worst meal & worst service I have ever had anywhere. We had the mexican lunch. Mine had plain rice covered in paprika to make it red, raw beans, and the taco was day or 2 old hamburger on raw tortillas. My friend had the same rice & beans but a chicken Enchalada, at least that is what they called it. And the filth, & flies for January. The sugar was in glass jars with an inch of filth on the top. the floors had not been swept in weeks. We were the only ones there for the lunch rush. No wonder. They were also overpriced. The young girl server neaver came to our table except to slap the plates down. I would have loved a glass of water (mabay not). All around the worse experience in dining ever. $23 for 2 lunches. We left hoping aginst food poisining. There were several employees but they were all back in the kitchen arguing in spanish. Please save your money anywhere else is better. The 2 good reviews must be relatives. We are not.

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank travelercitycity
California
“Come for the great food/pass on the view if you care”
Reviewed November 27, 2009

Last time I ate here was in the 80's. Still good...new name. Hot coffee that never goes dry. Eggs to order...that is a big plus in my book. It's an old truck stop with great food. I was tempted to try the cinnamon roll...but I was too stuffed. Friendly service and plenty of parking. If you want a stick to your ribs meal, this is the place. Ambiance is a little lacking but the flavors, quality and service more than make up for a view of 101.
It is on my permanent list of breakfast joints!
I'll go back in a chicken fried minute!