“Top Notch Thai Food!”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 17, 2010

We live locally and have eaten Thai Food in many other locales. We love this place and try to taste different menu items each time, but the staple of our dinner is always the Thom Ka Kai soup. It is awesome and they were kind enough to give us the recipe on one of our many visits although we haven't tried to make it yet. The only negative we have is that their red wines are served a little too warm for our tastes.

Reviewed November 13, 2009

Calm atmosphere , friendly staff , crisp clean , excellent food . Loved it !!!

Reviewed October 13, 2009

My husband and I ordered take out on 10/2/09. We were in town for a wedding and our inn keeper suggested it. We love Thai food, especially spicy dishes. If you're ever visiting Coronado, CA, stop in at Swadee and you'll know why I've rated this place so low. I ordered the spicy crisp chicken. Really? There was chicken in there? Couldn't taste it at all. It seemed there was a lot of crispy fried something in a sauce that barely resembled spicy, let alone edible. It was very disappointing. My husband ordered a different chicken dish, and honestly I don't remember what it was because it too was bland and unmemorable. The Thai iced coffee and iced tea we ordered were okay. A bit on the sweet side for our taste. Maybe the food is better fresh at the table rather than ordered for take out, but we certainly wouldn't go back. With so many other choices in town, we'd rather take our chances somewhere else.

1  Thank lewseal
Reviewed August 25, 2009

I'm not very keen on Thai food but had read such great reviews about this restaurant, we had to try it. We were not disappointed. It is very attractively decorated. The food was imaginative and very tasty. I had the seafood sizzling platter which was a bit spicy but nice. My husband had stir fried rice with seafood chicken and pork and his was excellent. We started with one of their platters which was extremely good. This is not a very expensive restaurant and corkage is only $7.00. A real gem

Reviewed July 27, 2009

This was our first trip to Paso Robles, and we read great things about Basil Thai. Their Pad Thai was fabulous. The restaurant has a nice feel, and great wine.