“It was great in the past”

Basil Thai Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 195 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Atascadero, California
“It was great in the past”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

But no more. The Fresh Spring Rolls promised shrimp, noodles, lettuce, etc., arrived with zero shrimp and no noodles (lots of shredded lettuce and carrot, though). I pointed this out and they replaced the order with another sporting exactly one (1) medium shrimp, split in half, with no noodles for an appetizer priced at $7.00. The Crying Tiger should be called Crying Customer, as it was beef that had obviously been held and then microwaved back to dry tastelessness when ordered, again for $7.00. My companion liked her Param, which looked fine and actually came with fresh baby spinach leaves for $15.00. FYI, after I complained about the Spring Rolls, we were completely ignored by the wait staff, got no drink refills, nothing. We won't be back.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank S S

Phoenix, Arizona
“Dependable Thai Cuisine”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We were both happy with the food from here. We tried the Chile Basil Chicken and the Crying Tiger (Beef with a Spicy Tamarind sauce). They gave us complimentary Tom Yum Soup and our plates came with our choice of rice, a fried crispy chip, and a small fresh salad. Both meals were delicious and prepared nicely and also reasonably priced.

• Visited October 2013
San Francisco
“Loved it”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I ate lunch there. We had the scallops, tofu param, and vegetable red curry. We loved all the dishes. We would have preferred to order each dish a la carte but each dish came as lunch specials with salad, rice, and a complimentary soup. It was way more food than we could eat but we didn't mind because we took it home and ate the rest for dinner. The service was good. They must have refilled my wife's large tea five times. I did not find it that expensive.

• Visited September 2013
“Excellent food”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We went to this restaurant based on the reviews we read and we loved it. The food was excellent and the service was good. We would definitely return if we lived in the neighborhood!

• Visited August 2013
Apple Valley, California
“Yellow Curry is out of this world!!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Prices were a bit high, but then again this is wine country so everything is pricey. The service was pretty decent although our main waiter wasn't they most friendly person I have ever met. The young lady waitress who checked on us was pleasant and courteous.

We had the Pad Thai noodles which was very good but the Yellow Curry was phenomenal!! Even my wife who doesn't like curry as much as I do, wished we had just ordered two orders of it. The four of us quickly demolished the little bit of jasmine rice they gave us and a second small bowl of rice was $3 dollars! (Ouch)

Overall a very nice meal with tremendous flavors, but the service was just adequate and the prices a tad high.

• Visited August 2013