1,753 results
All reviewsmineral spasulfur smellspa roomhot springsjesse jamesgrounds are beautifulprime ribhistoric hotelwine tastingtown squarewithin walking distancemovie theaterperfect locationrestaurants and shopspool and hot tubking bedcentral coast
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Booked this hotel without knowing the mid-state fair was on at the same time,the hotel was fully booked and had a great atmosphere. Our welcome at check in and the professional manner of the guy was excellent. We had a sulpher spa room which although a bit smelly, was great fun. The attention to detail in the rooms is very good and it was spotlessly clean. The grounds, gardens and pool are very well maintained and we had a lovely few hours lounging at the pool. We had diner in the restaurant which was very tasty and good quality but we thought the wine was somewhat overpriced. The bar had a live band which was a real bonus as we got to have a dance! I would recommend this hotel to any couple for a luxurious, fun weekend away. ( One tip: easy on the bubble bath in the spa tub......)

Room Tip: Get a spa bath room, it is well worth the little extra
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
PasoRoblesInn, Front Office Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. We are so glad to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay with us and the town of Paso Robles. Our hotel does have gorgeous gardens, and we do our best to maintain them and keep our rooms clean and comfortable. Our mineral spa's do provide our guests with a feature that is rarely seen at hotels, as we are able to tap into our underground hot springs and provide naturally beneficially mineral water to our guest. It does have a sulfur smell, but the smell does dissipate and we provide scent packets to our guests to enhance their spa experience. Our on-site restaurant and lounge also provide our guests with meal and entertainment options without having to leave our property. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to future visits with you.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I had a friend recommend that I stay here- and the room was nice, the private jacuzzi mineral tub on the balcony was a plus. Their is the sulfur aroma- but that is what you get when you have one of the rooms with a mineral tub. I added the bath gels to it to alleviate the aroma when I took a soak. The bathroom was spacious, bed was comfy. The room next door to me had left their room service food and dishes out and no one goes by to pick them up. I even called to let them know that it was still there at 9PM. The room service ends early- don't expect to get anything delivered after 8:30pm. Check in time isn't until 4PM. If you are an auto club member they offer a 10% discount.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
PasoRoblesInn, Front Office Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that both you and your friend have enjoyed your stays with us! Our property is well known for our private spa tubs which feature mineral water from natural springs located beneath our property. Because we do not treat or filter the water it offers many beneficial properties to our guests, but it does posses a sulfur smell. Once the tub is filled and you are able to use the jets this smell does dissipate, and we offer bath gels to help you as well. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your spa experience with us. Our restaurant is on-site and offers our guests great breakfast, lunch, dinner, and room-service options. They do stop taking orders at 8:30pm, but they open at 7:00am in the morning. Our hotel also guarantees a 4pm check-in time, but we do offer a 12pm check out time. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to future visits with you!

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife & two children for just one night on our way from Yosemite to San Diego. It's a very nice looking hotel with nice gardens & pool. The room was quite small but had a big bathroom. The air conditioner was very quiet and efficient. Beds were comfy. Free wifi worked OK and still got coverage by the pool. The hotel is right opposite the town park which is surrounded by bars and shops. We had breakfast at the Red Scooter cafe near the park - very friendly and nice food at fair prices. I would certainly recommend this hotel as it's in a great location if you want to explore the local vineyards. It was very clean and good value with friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2013
PasoRoblesInn, Front Office Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Thank you for your recent comments about your stay with us. Our hotel is located in the heart of the downtown Paso Robles area and is located within walking distance of many shops, restaurants, and other activities. Our property is centrally located, yet our expansive gardens provide a quiet and peaceful atmosphere to ensure that our guests enjoy a relaxing experience. I'm so glad your overall experience of the Paso Robles Inn was a fantastic one, and that the next time you are visiting the area you will visit with us again!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I was also there during the Mid-State Fair. The biggest positives here are the location and the grounds -- large, picturesque, well-manicured. The biggest negative is the poor service. In particular, my room was NOT cleaned following my first night there. (There a total of 2 nights.) The maid didn't come by until 6PM -- while I was getting dressed for a concert. I don't think she really apologized - she just said that she had to clean like 20 rooms in preparation for one of the bands that was going to overnight there. I told her cleaning at that time wouldn't be possible, to which her response was something like, "great, I get to go home early then!" Upon check-out the following morning, I mentioned this problem to the front desk clerk. She wasn't terribly sympathetic, just acknowledged they were busy because of the fair. When I asked her for a rate adjustment, she said she wasn't authorized to grant one but that she would leave a message for the manager to call me, going as far as saying that this manager was very good about quick responses. I waited 2 days for her to phone me. When she didn't, I phoned her and left a direct voice message. After a full week, still no reply. I phoned the hotel again and asked to speak to the General Manager. Left her a message as well. Still to date, it's been almost 2 weeks and NOBODY has responded!! I am shocked they care this little. There is no excuse for this! After having given them multiple opportunities to rectify the situation, I feel justified in posting this here. I doubt I'll be staying here again!!

Room Tip: My building (overlooking front street) did not have sulfur odor from hot springs that some others complained about.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Suncatcher99
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for what you experienced during your stay. It appears that we failed to attain our goal of exceeding our guest's expectations in your stay.

The fact that you were offered housekeeping service at 6:00pm is absolutely unacceptable, and I would like to apologize for that. As you noticed, we were extremely busy due to the California Mid State Fair. Our check out time is 12:00pm, and most guests after a full night at the fair are a bit slower in their departure, typically checking out closer to 1:00pm. We do our very best to accommodate all of our in house guests needs as well as the departing guests and arriving guests; however, this should not have negatively impacted your stay with us.

Unfortunately we appeared to keep missing each others calls, but we did make every attempt to contact you and I see a discount was provided at check out by the front office manager. I would like to assure you that our staff does care about the comfort of our guests, and I apologize that we were unable to meet our expectations. Hospitality and guest service is of the utmost importance to us. Providing a caring and friendly interaction is one of our number one goals and I’m sorry that was not your experience.

Hopefully, if we are fortunate enough to host you in the future, we can make sure you leave with a more favorable opinion of the Historic Paso Robles Inn.

Erica Fryburger

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had only a single, small nightstand to go in our king bed room. I called the front desk thinking it was an oversight but they informed me that they only provide one per room - awkward for a couple in a king bed. Additionally, we were above rooms with sulfur tubs that made our room smell like rotten eggs our entire stay. We were not made aware of this, nor did they offer an alternative when we complained. The rooms were well equipped and clean. If it hadn't been for the sulfur smell and nightstand issue we would have had a decent stay. Loved the location - walking distance to everything in downtown Paso. That said, would not recommend or stay again.

Room Tip: We were advised upon checkout that some of the other buildings do not have sulfur tubs, but they are older buildings that have not been updated with smaller rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
PasoRoblesInn, Front Office Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. I do apologize that there was only one nightstand located in your king room. We do provide only one nightstand to our rooms with two beds, which is located in the center of the room, but our rooms with the single king bed are absolutely supposed to have two nightstands. Each of our rooms are in the process of receiving new furniture to update and maintain the quality of our rooms, and you were one of our first guests to see this furniture. Unfortunately, to our dismay, some of our nightstands were on back-order and did not arrive when we had expected them to, resulting in our king rooms temporarily having only one nightstand available. I would also like to apologize for the sulfur smell you experienced during your stay. Paso Robles is well known for the natural mineral hot springs located beneath our city, and our hotel is the only one in town that has tapped into these reserves to provide our guests with the option of reserving a room with a private mineral spa tub. I do apologize that you did not enjoy the benefits of using one of our mineral spa tubs, and yet were able to smell the sulfur smell that accompanies this amenity. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your trip to the Paso Robles area, as this is a unique town with a lot to offer all travelers. I hope that you will again return to our beautiful area to further experience all that we have to offer.