1,748 results
All reviewsmineral spasulfur smellspa roomhot springsjesse jamesgrounds are beautifulprime ribhistoric hotelwine tastingtown squarewithin walking distancemovie theaterperfect locationrestaurants and shopspool and hot tubking bedcentral coast
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We go to Paso Robles 4 times a year, and for something new, decided to try the Paso Robles Inn. We were excited and interested in staying at a historical landmark. We were surprised at the high room pricing, but thought, "most rooms in town were booked for the night, so let's try it". What a mistake! People pounding up and down the hallways and talking loudly until 2am, others down in the courtyards yelling until then as well...Then the beds were horribly soft & you can hear the springs in the bed! Wonder if the beds were old and historical as well?!! Needless to say, an incredibly POOR NIGHTS SLEEP! When I went to complain to the front desk, asking if they had a security service, they said they do and he was on duty until 4am and "he does a great job". I don't know where he was, but he wasn't doing his job for sure! We met other guests who were also upset. The hotel compensated us a whole 10% off their over-priced room rate. I'll take that, but would rather have had a pleasant stay. There are way too many other fine places to stay in Paso Robles...I will never go back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Stephen S
PasoRoblesInn, Front Office Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. I am so sorry that your experience with us was not up to your expectations, and I can assure you that this description does not describe a typical stay with us. Our security guard is on staff until 4am to enforce our quiet hours and to assist with any guest situation that may arise. I am certain that the noise occurrences you are describing were separate individuals, and that he handled these incidents to the best of his availability and as quickly as possible. Because of your comments we have since had a meeting with our night staff encouraging them to call management as well as the police whenever individuals are creating such excessive noise in the future. I apologize that knowing this does not make up for a night of much needed rest, but I do appreciate your comments and can assure you that the necessary steps have been taken to ensure that these noise incidents do not happen again.

Meredith A. Martens
Front Office Manager

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Room: Quaint and basic. Like a nice motel. Doors open to the exterior. Air conditioner in room was noisy and smelled of mildew.
Cleanliness: Ball of long black hair was stuck to the wall in the shower. Towel stained with blood. Not sure if housekeeping even serviced this room.
Customer Service Response: "We will let housekeeping know about the problem, thanks." When I asked if a manager was going to contact me I was told "You already have a corporate rate so I doubt they are going to do anything".

I didn't know the corporate rate included long black hairballs and blood on the towels. I should feel lucky!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RyanL99
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for what you experienced during your stay. It appears that we failed to attain our goal of exceeding our guest's expectations in your stay.

I'm sorry for the items that you found in your room were not up to our standards. I agree that is unacceptable you had black hairs and a soiled towel in your room. These are the very basics things. It is our practice to keep all rooms clean and in working order. Although uncommon, sometimes there are mistakes made. This is one of many reasons the front desk is staffed 24 hours a day, so any needs of our guest’s can be meet. I can assure you that I have discussed and reviewed our processes with our Housekeeping staff.
Hospitality and guest service is of the utmost importance to us. Providing a caring and friendly interaction is our number one goal and it appears that we have failed. I am reviewing the manner in which you where treated when you told us about the black hairs and soiled towel. A manager should have absolutely been notified and given you a call regarding the cleanliness of your room. Please trust that this has been strongly addressed with all front desk staff.

Hopefully, if we are fortunate enough to host you in the future, we can make sure you leave with a more favorable opinion of the Historic Paso Robles Inn.

Thank you for your feedback it is through feedback we can continue to improve.

Erica Fryburger

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Only here for one night, would have been nice to rent a car, explore the area and stay for two or three. Nice looking pool, though I didn't have a chance to go in. Nice rooms, huge bathrooms, mini fridges, well situated in terms of restaurants. The staff are helpful and the grounds are beautiful. It's a historic hotel but the rooms are renovated and modern. Next time, I'd like to try one of the spa rooms with a natural, local mineral hot springs balcony hot tub. Must try the coffee and muffins at Amsterdam Cafe and the Mexican food at Habanero (they let us take our unfinished bottle of wine home w/out a corkage fee).

Room Tip: rooms 400-500 are in the back of the property away from the street
3  Thank coastalgirl5
PasoRoblesInn, Front Office Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments on your recent stay with us! Our hotel is located in the heart of downtown Paso Robles which leaves us walking distance from a variety of shops, restaurants, tasting rooms, and entertainment options. If you do want to rent a car during your stay here, we are surrounded by many well known wineries and their gorgeous vineyards which are a scenic location for a picnic or daytrip, and we are also located just over 30 minutes from a few different beach communities. Our housekeeping staff works tirelessly to keep our rooms clean and well maintained and we have just finished renovating many of our rooms to insure our guests receive a comfortable room and the historic charm that our property is able to provide. We would be absolutely delighted if you stay in one of our Deluxe Spa Rooms the next time you visit our area! We are the only hotel in the area which offers our guests rooms with access to a private spa featuring the mineral water natural to our location which possess many beneficial properties and a unique experience. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your future visits!

Meredith A. Martens
Front Office Manager

Reviewed July 24, 2013

On our extended California Coast trip, my daughter and I decided to return inland and go through Paso Robles and its famed wineries. We made an attempt to book a room at the Paso Robles Inn through Trip Advisor but it looked as if no room was available for the 2nd night of our stay. We therefore called to make a reservation and the story was different: no room was available except at all, even for one night, barring a suite at $201/nt incl. breakfast. Short on time, we booked it.

Right from the start it was a total disappointment. We got there around 2:30pm and heard that the suite was not ready yet, but we'd be called as soon as it was. After the long drive we decided to go for lunch without even the benefit of refreshing ourselves (nothing was offered, except a couple of chairs - set wide apart - in the dim reception area).

The surly person who checked us in did NOT call us and when we got back the room was still NOT ready and we waited in the uncomfortable chairs till way past 4:00pm before we could access our SUITE! The afternoon being practically gone and the temperature 113 F, we decided to take a dip in the pool. That turned out to be another disagreable occasion, as a very unpleasant young man went around harassing the bathers.

Next morning, after having ascertained that the breakfast was INCLUDED in the room fee, we proceeded to try it out in the space that the person at the desk pointed out with her finger without even a word (the Paso Robles Steakhouse on the premises). Though it was 9:00am, there were no other guests and no breakfast buffet appeared to be laid out... An unhurried waitress showed up and gave us menus... rather baffled we ordered out of a rather grim selection what we thought would do us less harm... mine was an omelette with a tomato and mushroom filling... atrocious... inedible! I sent it back after the first bite, without any offer of replacing it.

We went back to the pool where yet ANOTHER unhinged person roamed making us very uncomfortable. Apparently the maids knew about him and told us about incidents that had occurred with other guests.

The next morning we went for breakfast to a lovely place that served decent and healthy food for less money! The following day at check-out, we brought up the fact that the (shocking) breakfast was NOT included in the price, but we were told to take it up with the person responsible for the restaurant, as the Inn and the Steakhouse were under 2 different managements. We were handed a card as this gentleman was conveniently unreachable at the time.

Unfortunately when we sent a note to this person we were told that it was our misunderstanding (after 3 people had confirmed: on the phone at booking, on arrival at check-in, and by the front desk the following morning when we asked again).

This is a place to avoid at all costs... the price is way beside the value, the service is sloppy and unfriendly, the suite was not much and, being on the ground floor had almost no natural light, and a lot of noise all night long from upstairs! Evidently the guests of the Inn are also undesirable, as their staff.

NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: no suggestion: a place to avoid!
1  Thank mnick68
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

First, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Historic Paso Robles Inn. We know there are many choices in Paso Robles and we are honored that you did choose to stay with us.

It is our practice to only accept room reservations by phone when our hotel availability is low to avoid any oversell situation. This is why you were able to book a room direct with us and not over the Trip Advisor website. Our housekeeping team works every hard to clean each room and have them ready by our 4:00pm check in time. We are always happy to check our guests in earlier than the 4:00pm check in time if the room is available. Our check out time is 11, and we often receive requests for late check outs, and we do our very best to accommodate the departing guests as well as the arriving guest. I do apologize that your room was not ready for you at the time of your 2:30pm arrival.

We take guest privacy and safety very seriously. Our practice to ensure pool privacy and safety is our locking pool gates and routine security pool walks. The only people who have access are guests staying in the hotel with room keys and our employees. Although uncommon, sometimes there are people who obtain entrance who are not allowed. We do have a house phone located at the pool. If there are any problems or any of our guests or are made to feel uncomfortable the front desk can be reached. We can then immediately address the problem.

I’m very sorry for the confusion and misunderstanding concerning your breakfast. Although I was not available at the time of your check out, I did call and speak with your daughter who was travelling with you at my first opportunity. Our conversation went very well and it appeared that the misunderstanding was not caused by the hotel. I know from my personal experiences, information from multiple hotels can become mingled together. In order to demonstrate our sincere appreciation towards our guest, we provided you with a credit for your breakfast charges.

Although we can not reverse the past please accept our apologies for a less than pleasant stay. We want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, it is through your feedback we can continue improve. We do hope to have you and your daughter as our guest again; this way we can leave you with a positive memorable stay; one that reflects our usual standard.

Erica Fryburger, General Manager of Hotel Operations
Kevin Hyland, Food & Beverage Manager

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We came back after staying here years ago for a visit to the midstate fair.This was perfect-shuttle right across street walk into town and all of the shops..Recently redone rooms.Very clean bathrooms and comfortable smallish rooms.They were able to give us connecting rooms that worked great for us.They have several pretty koi ponds as well as a pool with nice landscaping very close to rooms.The breckfast was great-outdoors by a koi pond, huge portions of good food for a good price.This is defintely a historic unique property with a long history not a cookie cutter chain.

1  Thank trevormom
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

I'm delight to hear that you enjoyed your experience while at our Historic Inn.

We strive to provide a memorable and relaxing experiences for all our guest and it nice to hear we did accomplish this for you. I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed the our newly renovated rooms and property.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We look forward to having you as our guest again

Erica Fryburger General Manager