“Cleaning Required”
Review of Paso Robles Inn

Paso Robles Inn
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed in February during the cold snap and the patio spa was a welcome highlight after having to hike across the property because of the shortage of parking spaces. Unfortunately, my new white socks were quickly turned brown by the dirty carpet and floors. The sheets were pilled and not the high quality I expected. There was only one nightstand. When I inquired at the front desk about changing rooms, I was told that there were no more rooms available. I didn’t bother calling again when the wedding party came back to their room and partied until after two in the morning. I think the unregistered wedding party guest may have taken our parking space. Again, while the spa was wonderful the room’s lack of cleanliness, quality linens, the lack of parking, and noisiness has me wishing we had spent our money elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tina C
PasoRoblesInn, Front Office Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for leaving us feedback regarding your stay with us. Your review will help us pinpoint the area in which we need to improve, and for that we thank you. I would like to apologize for excessive noise, and lack of cleanliness you experienced during your stay. I can assure you that this has been discussed with our housekeeping staff, and due to this incident, we have increased the frequency in which we deep clean our rooms. Again, your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We normally stay at another hotel in Paso. We found the manager's special on-line and decided to give the Paso Robles Inn a chance. The room was bigger than expected, with a comfortable bed. The spa on the balcony was a nice touch. The sent packets we used, did not quite cover the sulfur smell as much as wife, was hoping for. The odor was not overwhelming and we enjoyed the spa for 20 minutes or so. The hotel is across the street from the center of town. Easy walking distance to the many tasting rooms and restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

I’m delighted to hear you decided to try the Historic Paso Robles Inn and all the wonderful amenities we have to offer. We strive to provide memorable and relaxing experiences for all our guest and it nice to hear we did accomplish this for you. Our private mineral spa tubs are truly a one of a kind experience. I’m so glad you were able to try it. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Lot of parties every night that go quite late. Be prepared to be awake until the wee hours of the morning listening to drunken guests. Calling the front desk does nothing to help the situation. The walls of each room are so thin that every conversation, sneeze, etc is heard clearly. Not exactly the quiet restful getaway that we were hoping for.

1  Thank Kirk L
PasoRoblesInn, Front Office Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

First, I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Historic Paso Robles inn. I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during you stay. We, here at the hotel, want our guest to experience nothing less than an amazing stay. We do have security roaming the property nightly to keep situations like this from happening, but it seems like we have failed in our efforts to do so. In an attempt to change your perspective of our hotel, I would like to invite you back to the Paso Robles inn during you next visit to the area. It is through feedback, both positive and negative, that we are able to grow and improve in the areas in which we can use improvement. I hope to personally hear from you during your next trip to Paso Robles.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband and I reserved the Garden View Queen on a Friday night in March.
We looked out onto the pool area which was nice but the pool and hot tub were so minuscule
When 2 additional people came into the fenced area I could not move my chair for fear of landing in the water,
And this is advertised as a spa/resort. With 98 rooms it is hard to imagine a summer day when even 10 people might want to be in the area, little did I know the pool would be the highlight of our stay.

Upon entering the room we could barely get the suitcase past the bed there was so little space between the edge of the bed
And old, delapidated very large dresser/tv stand. The lamps and headboard were 1970's "Mediterranean " which did not match the generic side tables and table and chairs under the window which again were too large for the space
The bed linens were synthetic, and completely worn and rough due to age and use. The mattress obviously has not been replaced in many years.

The bathroom had been updated but again was so small it was impossible to find a spot for a shaving kit or cosmetic bag
On the counter. This was made worse by the number of signs and brochures on the counter and hooks advertising the cosmetics and sustainability policies. There was not even one grab bar or anything to hold onto entering the shower---- which was lukewarm and had so little pressure it was impossible to rinse your hair.

When we talked to the front desk at check out, their answer was that the hotel was historical and had to retain the original
Footprint. This did not appear to be the case in the rooms with patio and exterior hot tubs. I do not recommend the standard
Or even Garden View rooms ---Even at $40 less for the non weekend rate I would not consider this a good value. Very disappointing start to a long planned weekend in this delightful area of the valley.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

I would like to apologize for what you experienced during your stay. It appears that we failed to attain our goal of exceeding our guest's expectations in your stay. Please know we do take a lot of pride in maintaining the historic charm and character of the Inn. I'm sorry the experience was not what you had expected. We are currently working on updating the interior of the rooms with a more modern look and feel. Items that are still to come include furniture, art work and linens. As you can imagine this is a very large project and we are hoping to have it completed with in 90 days. Hopefully, if we are fortunate enough to host you in the future, we can make sure you leave with a more favorable opinion of the Paso Robles Inn.

Again, thank you for your feedback it is through feedback we can continue to improve.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed 2 nights to bicycle and indulge ourselves in wonderful Paso Robles. Our garden room near the pool was beautiful, clean and well appointed. Wifi was a weak signal but worked well enough. Ate dinner and breakfast in the dining room and the food was very good, breakfast service a bit slow but dinner service was excellent. The hotel grounds and the "chef's organic gardens" in the beds on the grounds were beautiful, fun and welcoming. We will return.

Room Tip: Garden rooms are fantastic, those around the pool are very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Paso Robles Inn for your stay. I’m delight to hear that you enjoyed your stay and dinning experience while at our Historic Inn.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, your feedback is greatly appreciated.I look forward to having you as our guest again real soon.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

The Paso Robles Inn is a lovely Hotel, grounds are beautiful, restaurant food and service great. But being on a working vacation and our wireless didn't work in the room was a bit of a bummer. We had friends that stayed in another part of the Hotel and they had great wireless. I did leave my hair dryer and they sent it out the next day - again great service!

Room Tip: Rooms in the #200 range had good wireless and #900 range was where we didn't have good wireless...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your stay. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your experience while at our Historic Inn. We strive to provide memorable and relaxing experiences for all our guest and it nice to hear we did accomplish this for you. I’m also delight to see you enjoyed the Steakhouse and the great service you received. My apologies that you wireless was not working; I can understand how frustrating that must have been for you. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and I spent one night at the Paso Robles Inn, and found it an acceptable place to sleep. The grounds were very nice, but with respect to the rooms, if you are expecting it to be much more than an older motor lodge, you will be disappointed. However, the location downtown and proximity to several excellent restaurants, coffee shops and a movie theater was great.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
PasoRoblesInn, Front Office Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your stay with us. Your feedback will help us pinpoint areas in which we can improve our property, and for that we thank you. We are currently in the process of a full in room remodel which we hope to have completed with a few months. I'm glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of the hotels close proximity to the downtown area.

We look forward to having you as our guest again real soon.