Paso Robles Inn
La Bellasera Hotel and Suites(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
$209
Great 4.5/5
The Oaks Hotel & Suites(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
$123
$118
Great 4.5/5
La Quinta Inn & Suites Paso Robles(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
$119
Hotels.com
Great 4.5/5
Courtyard Marriott Paso Robles(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
$129
Great 4.5/5
Holiday Inn Express & Suites(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
$125
Great 4.5/5
Hampton Inn & Suites - Paso Robles(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
$169
$152
Hampton.com
Great 4.5/5
Best Western Plus Black Oak(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
$128
$101
Agoda.com
Great 4.5/5
Melody Ranch Motel(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
$100
$75
Very Good 4/5
Adelaide Inn(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
$129
$116
Hotels.com
Hotel Cheval(Paso Robles)
$395
Travelocity
Excellent 5/5
1,616 results
All reviewsmineral spaspa roomsulfur smellhot springsjesse jamesgrounds are beautifulhistoric hoteltown squarewine tastingprime ribmovie theaterwithin walking distanceperfect locationrestaurants and shopspool and hot tubking bedcentral coast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Paso Robles Inn has great potential, location is great, rooms are cute and here comes the but... The rooms were recently renovated but not completed. All the art for the room was missing, blank white walls, felt like a Motel. The jets in the mineral tub were not working and the internet would not stay connected. Walls are thin, we could hear the man above us snoring all night. We decided to check out early and move to another hotel.

Room Tip: If you don't mind thin walls and are a heavy sleeper, then you should be fine.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
PasoRoblesInn, Front Office Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your previous stay. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I do understand how missing artwork can give the room a baron feeling and I would like to assure you that, since our renovations, we have checked each room to insure that all of the proper artwork, railings, and amenities have been placed back in the appropriate rooms. I would like to thank you once more for leaving a comment with us on tripadvisor. Hopefully, if we are fortunate enough to host you in the future, we can make sure you leave with a more favorable opinion of the Paso Robles Inn.

Alex Howze
Front Office Manager

Reviewed January 15, 2013

The Paso Robles Inn has been a landmark and an icon of Paso Robles for well over a century. Located in probably the most ideal spot to stay in Paso Robles, it provides easy walking (5 min) access to wine tasting rooms and wine bars, eateries and ice-cream shops as well as some fantastic restaurants, boutique shops, and much more. Surrounded by over 220 wineries in the Paso Robles wine region, the Paso Robles Inn is the perfect place for launching a wine tasting Adventure, which just so happens to be why we were there. Oh and eating.

We even got the all the healing powers of the thermal waters with a private hot springs tub in a Deluxe Spa Room. These are the famous sulfur springs that put Paso on the map in the late 1800’s and one of the things the Inn is known for. You fill the hot tub with hot sulfur spring water and fill the air with the aroma of, yes that’s it, sulfur (rotten eggs). Thank goodness the Inn has some more pleasing aroma liquid to put in the water so not only your body but also your nose can relax and enjoy.
Check in was easy and the staff were friendly and efficient and came through later with some minor personal items that were left at home! The rooms have some variety from simple old style (but relatively new) decor in small comfortable rooms to the more palatial (OK maybe not “palatial” but large well appointed suites) and they even have some dog friendly rooms for those that can’t leave their four legged child Fifi at home. The rooms are equipped with hair driers, irons, a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker. All the comforts of home. Well, at least your first apartment.

To quote the Inn “A full-service destination, the Inn features an outdoor heated pool and spa, spa services, complimentary Wi-Fi, a premier Steakhouse, our historic Cattlemen’s Lounge, and a 1940s diner-style Coffee Shop”. They also have facilities for weddings and events, with a beautifully restored Grand Ballroom as well as several other meeting rooms and an executive boardroom (whatever that is).

Koala wandered the grounds on the first morning and really enjoyed the beautiful setting with Koi ponds and grass areas with big beautiful oak trees and various assorted other trees and gardens while sipping on his tea. A very very nice place to wander. Kiwi’s room was adjacent to the pool(s) and made a nice spot to sit with a cup of coffee in the mornings.

As is usual for a Kiwi and Koala Adventure things never go as planned and some rooms needed to be vacated and extra rooms need to be accounted for on the second day. The staff at the Inn were very accommodating and helped our fuzzy heads to solve our dilemma in a matter of minutes. Well done!

The group ate breakfast both mornings at the Inn’s 1940s diner-style Coffee Shop” in preparation for our adventures and all meals were well priced and enjoyed by all.
Not many places can give you the location, the comforts, the conveniences and such an incredible sense of history and place as the Paso Robles Inn.

All in all a great place to stay in Paso Robles but make sure to book early as there are many events in the area and the Inn books out.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

I'm delight to hear that you enjoyed your experience while at our Historic Inn. We strive to provide memorable and relaxing experiences for all our guest and it nice to hear we did accomplish this for you. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We look forward to having you as our guest again.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We selected this hotel based on feedback from friends from their trip last year. Loved the downtown location within walking distance of many highly recommended restaurants and easy access to the 100 plus wineries in the area. The room was comfortable and clean albeit small with 2 double beds. Bathroom was huge with generous counter space and 2 sinks. No problem with wifi during our visit. My big complaint was sleep quality. Both nights we were surrounded by tour bus guests. The first morning wasn't a huge problem, there departure time was relaxed. After leisurely breakfast they hit the road. The second morning was another story. A different bus group was staying in rooms on either side of us and they were up early like 5:30AM and heading off to breakfast talking loudly as they passed our room. The same as they returned to their rooms to collect their bags and roll them down the porch walk way at 6:15 AM. Clicky, clack,clicky, clack. We are both light sleeper so getting back to sleep was not possible. I am just wondering if there is any way tour bus groups could be located in room units together so they don't disturb non tour bus guest with their early departure times? Ask if your room can be located separately from the bus groups rooms. Breakfast was generous and reasonably priced but service was slow because of the need to take care of bus groups so they could hit the road. We would stay there again if the room could be located in a building away from the tour bus groups.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kittehmama

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay with us.

I’m glad to hear that you did chose the Paso Robles Inn as your hotel of choice while visiting the Paso Robles area. It’s also nice to hear you enjoyed your time exploring the Paso Robles downtown. Paso Robles is truly a one of its kind destination with all the tasting rooms and restaurants to dine in.

I am sorry you were woken up by other guest early in the morning. Please know we do our best to separate tour groups for our other guests to ensure each guest has a relaxing and enjoyable stay.

Again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to having you as our guest again real soon.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Unfortunately they were doing remodeling and our room remodeling wasn't completely checked by them before we checked in. Had a "fireplace" room which was a special treat for my wife.

Clean, new paint and nicely remodeled bathroom with a new tub and toilet. Lots of towels. BUT they hadn't yet installed towel racks and there was no place to put towels after you used them except in the bathtub or thrown over the bar for the shower curtain or on the floor or on the toilet.

I was looking forward to a soaking in the spa in the near freezing night time weather and wasn't told when I reserved the room either in the internet posting which talked about pool and spa nor talking to them on the phone that CONSTRUCTION WAS GOING ON and SPA AND POOL WAS CLOSED. Big disappointment on a cold evening after a day of driving and walking and looking forward to a hot soaking before going to bed.

Be careful because the basin in our bathroom had the HOT and COLD water incorrect for standard we're all used to. (Hot on the left and Cold on the right.) This could be the case in other rooms and I'm wondering if they had a "real" plumber doing the work and if it was inspected by the city during and after construction. I looked under the basin and braided flexible tubes from the wall could be easily crossed to fix the problem as the hot and cold plumbing was NOT coming out of the wall on the correct sides so that the direct connection should have been crossed. Obviously whoever did the work never checked it out or knew little about plumbing standards.

I had to contact the check in desk to find out how to work the "fireplace." A small card next to the control with directions would have been easy for them to provide. A working and readable thermometer would have been helpful in adjusting the fireplace as what appeared to be a regular heater control had a virtually unusable thermometer as part of it. It also might have saved the Inn some $$$ in their gas bill.

I would suggest that if noise bothers you when you're sleeping that the clicking noises as the fireplace metal expands as it comes on or contracts as it goes off which lasts for a LONG TIME would be objectionable. Fortunately my wife uses earplugs when she sleeps and didn't wake up but I was awakened half a dozen times during the night in spite of having poor hearing for which I wear hearing aids...of course not sleeping.

I'd suggest that you avoid the fireplace rooms if you aren't a sound sleeper or are willing to turn off the heat in the room when you go to sleep and let it cool down before you go to bed. During the summer it probably wouldn't particularly matter since you'd probably be using the A/C wall unit instead of the fireplace.

Nice TV set and lots of channels including HBO if that's your thing. The room was clean though the burned out ceiling light that was supposed to provide the light to see into the closet should have been noted by the maid and replaced....!

The surrounds would be nice to enjoy during warm weather. Trees, grass, meadow like surroundings with running water and nice patio to eat outside. And Paso Robles does get WARM! weather.

Contrary to some comments from others, we enjoyed the evening meal (Christmas Eve) and had good service and delicious food. We routinely stop to eat lunch at the Inn when driving south from the Bay Area on 101 but we hadn't eaten dinner there before. A nice respite from the drive and a chance in nice weather to stroll in the park like setting before getting back in the car to continue the trip.

The Inn is very convenient and across the street from the town square surrounded by shops and a nice place to stroll.

Room Tip: Avoid the (gas) fireplace rooms if you want a quite night's sleep or are willing to turn off the gas to it during the night and have no heat on. Ask to make sure that the pool and spa work has been completed and they are available for use.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

I would like to apologize for what you experienced during your stay. It appears that we failed to attain our goal of exceeding our guest's expectations in your stay. We are thrilled that you did enjoy your dinner at the steakhouse.

I’m extremely sorry for the items that you found in your room that were not up to standard. As you noticed, we have recently completed work in the rooms and are still in process. It appears that a few items such as the towel hooks and directions have not been replaced. The final construction punch list has obviously been missed in this room, however, these are items that our housekeeping and maintenance crew should have caught as they reset the room for our guests. I appreciate your information on the low flowing toilet. We are required to install low flow, however, there may be another issue with that particular room.

It is not our standard to put bars in tubs that have a standard size tub, but we will certainly take your feedback and reconsider installation.

I can assure you that I have discussed and reviewed processes with our Maintenance and Housekeeping staff. It is our practice to keep all rooms in working order. The burnt out bulb and clothes in the dresser are completely unacceptable. These are the very basics.

I can not reverse the past and when we make an mistake we do everything we can to make it right. I wish I had had the opportunity to speak with you during your stay so that I could have helped make your stay more enjoyable while you were here. Please accept our sincere apology and as discussed in our recent e-mail to each other, you will be seeing a refund to your credit card. I do hope you will visit us again once all our renovations are complete so we can provide you with a positive and memorable stay; one that reflects our usual standards. Please contact me personally so that I can ensure your stay meets your expectations.

Again thank you for taking the time to tell me about your recent stay

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Don't bother upgrading to the sulfur spa rooms unless you have 2-3maybe even 4 hours to wait for the dribble to fill the spa. We thought the ATROCIOUS service at dinner in the downstairs restaurant was bad and we had pretty much decided then not to bother coming back but then we all got to our roomS(yes, meaning multiple)and thought we would relax, drink some wine and soak in our "tubs"...... Till we turned the faucets on!! Who has time to wait HOURS for a tub to fill?!? I understand they are big tubs/jacuzzis but the water coming out was a dribble. Front desk just said "sorry, it's a natural spring....nothing we can do." BS!!!! Get a bigger pump with all the money you are charging for the upgrade!!! AND clean out the pipes already there!! Bottom line is....the rooms are decent....don't waist money on an upgrade...and NO MATTER WHAT DON'T EAT IN THE RESTAURANT!!!

Room Tip: Do NOT waste money on a spa room!!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Cassandra B
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, it is thru feedback we can continue to improve. Hospitality and guest service is of the utmost importance to us. Providing a caring and friendly interaction is our number one goal and it appears that we have failed.

We use all feedback as an opportunity to train our staff, but in this case I would sincerely appreciate more information so that I may understand your concerns and where we failed. Please feel free to contact me at kevinh@martinresorts.com or reach me at the Paso Robles Inn at 802-226-4920.
Please accept my sincere apology that you do not feel you received the service you expected.

I would also like to apologize for you spa experience, I understand how frustrated you must have been while waiting for the tub to fill. We do offer 36 rooms with natural hot springs sulfur water, being that the water is drawn for a natural source, we do sometimes experience low water pressure when multiple tubs are being filled at the same time, however, a dribble is not normal and we will inspect the pumps. We are currently in the processes of upgrading all of our spa tubs as well as the pumping system that feeds all the tubs. As you can imagine this is a very large project and we are hoping to have it completed very soon.
I would like to invite you back so we can provide you with a positive and memorable stay; one that reflects our usual standards. Please contact me personally so that I can ensure your stay meets your expectations.

Again thank you for taking the time to tell me about your recent stay.

Erica Renkert & Kevin Hyland