1,747 results
All reviewsmineral spasulfur smellspa roomhot springsjesse jamesgrounds are beautifulprime ribhistoric hotelwine tastingtown squarewithin walking distancemovie theaterperfect locationrestaurants and shopspool and hot tubking bedcentral coast
Reviewed August 12, 2012

The Paso Robles Inn is in a great location. Across from the old city square, it is an easy walk to at least a dozen restaurants, many places to get coffee and ice cream. It is also an easy walk to one of the local movie theaters. The hotel itself has a sense of 1940's charm, with beautiful gardens to walk through and relax under a giant old oak on the lush lawns on warm summer days.

This old hotel charm comes with some minor setbacks however. We stayed in the 300 building of rooms. The stairs were very beaten and the wood was peeling and some steps were clearly breaking down and in need of replacing. The rooms were really nice, but the old style windows were difficult to open and had old style single panes that lets noise in. Also the doors in the adjacent rooms had automatic springs and so when someone would open a door, it would consequently slam shut afterwards and rattle our room. House keeping neglected to come to our room one day we were there and clearly had neglected to pick up room services items outside from another room as well.

The rooms though were comfortable, we had a large overall refurbished bathroom, with marble counters and two bathroom sinks and a third sink by the refrigerator and microwave. The beds were comfortable and the room had ample space. The shower head was old and mildewed and in need or replacement, but the water was hot and the flow a good stream.

For the price though, we felt it had enough charm and comfort that out-weighed the flaws. We loved being able to walk to a variety of restaurants on a warm summers evening, and the grounds of the hotel are quiet relaxing. We are planning to stay here again in the future, but may check out one of the rooms that has their own private hot-tube

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We take pride in maintaining the historic charm and charter of the Inn and as you can imagine it can be quite a large job at times. I’m happy to let you know we are at the very beginning of a larger property refurbishment. Part of our property refurbishment will include new windows and repairs of the walk ways and stair ways. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay and all the things we have to offer.

Again, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. I look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Stayed here with another couple 3 nights- Staff was friendly, professional & we were able to ck in early because our rooms were ready! Had a microwave, coffee maker and small refrigerator. Got downstairs rooms with our private mineral spring spa in the patio-just pulled the outdoor drapes and had privacy while relaxing! Beautifully landscaped park like grounds-we walked around in the day, as well as evening! Nice upstairs lounge bar with balcony and nice happy hour! Walking distance to down town, the movie theater, restaurants and nice park across the street! Such a convenient location! The Wine tour shuttle picked us up right out front!
All 4 of us had really tasty dinners at the Steakhouse ! The cook, Isaiah was awesome! Filet mignon, like butter! Salmon, tasty, halibut was good- salads fresh as well as the vegetables were delicious- Ok, I want some portabello mushroom ravioli NOW! It was the best I ever had, the cream sauce so tasty and the asparagus pieces in the sauce, tender and tasty! Yummmmmmy!
Recommend to anyone and definitely coming back! I miss it already!!

Room Tip: We would request upper rooms next time- might be a little quieter- you can hear people walking upstairs at night- otherwise it was very nice!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelcat396

It is nice to hear we were able to provide you with such a positive experience and that you enjoy the deluxe mineral spa rooms so much. I'm also glad to see you were able to enjoy all the tasty food and drinks we have to offer in the Steakhouse.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I look forward to seeing you again real soon. We will keep the springs hot for you.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We will return!
I am always looking for a place to take my family wine tasting where we can park our vehicle and not move it again until we leave. Downtown Paso Robles is now on our list as a favorite! Paso Robles Inn was a wonderful find.
We travel with our 2 dogs, so much more research has to go into our lodging choices. We were very pleased with the Inn. They have dog rooms, dog designated areas and supply a cover for the bed so we didn't worry about bringing one. The grounds were well kept and very attractive. We did not have a spa room nor did we use the pool, but the area looked very appealing. A previous reviewer complained about the "smell" in the area, we did not smell anything offensive. We live close to a sulpher spring in Walnut Creek...we know how offensive that rotten egg smell can be.
The Inn was reasonably priced. The pet fee ($25 per night) was very reasonable. The room was very clean.
We did not eat at the restaurant because we had the dogs with us, but I did go up to the lounge, purchased wine and we sat on the patio with our dogs enjoying the sounds of the little waterfall under the redwood and Japanese maple.
There are Koi ponds all over the property.
We walked all over town with our little guys and I have to say, downtown Paso Robles is one of the CLEANEST towns we have been to. The Inn grounds were spotless and the city was spotless.
We will return!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

We take pride in maintaining the historic charm and charter of the Inn and I’m so happy that you were able to experience and enjoy everything we have to offer.

Erica Renkert

Reviewed July 25, 2012

The grounds were beautiful, the pool relaxing and uncrowded, and the room very well maintained! It is central to all ... great restaurants, tasting rooms, and a short drive to all the wineries. Stayed in one of the Spa Rooms ... it was spacious and wonderful to have our own jacuzzi on the patio!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Again, thank you for taking to time to leave feedback. I look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I was married in the garden at the Inn and stay there to visit family at least once a year. My children love the koi ponds and have named all of the fish. The courtyard is beautiful and the rooms have everything we need. The pool area is nice with comfortable furniture. Breakfast is the best, they serve hearty portions for a reasonable price. My children always order the Mickey Mouse pancakes. The location is fantastic. Shops, park, library, and tasting rooms within walking distance. Guests have to take into consideration that the buildings are old so the noise level from traffic and guests is louder than newer buildings. I love the PRI and will continue to stay there when I visit the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kelly P
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

How wonderful that you were married here in our gardens. I’m so happy we were able to help great such great memories for you. It’s great to hear you return year after year with your family and feel so at home here; we are so glad to have you and your family as our guest.

Again, thank you for your feedback. I look forward to seeing you again next year.