WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
Palos Verdes Estates, California
“Clean and quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

My wife and I spent one night as a base for wine tasting. The room was large, clean, quiet, and cheap. Check in and check out were very easy. The location is perfect to access both 46 east and west. We will be back. Very good value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reno, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

My work put me up here, I've only just arrived but am horrified. It's 103 degrees and the pool hasn't worked for months. The room smells! The replacement room also smells! The air conditioning has been on for three hours and it is still miserable in my room. I thought to open the window in the bathroom and discovered the area behind the motel smells! Everything is old. To say this is a last resort would be lying, if it weren't for the fact my company had already been charged for the week, I would be gone. I'm going to try to stay the night but I may just pay for a room elsewhere on my own dime for the remainder of the week. I am also going to find out who booked this so I can send them to this site.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Mentor775

Travelers are raving about these Paso Robles hotels

Bakersfield, California, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

I called the hotel to see if I could get a refund, because I was hours away and would be arriving very late if I made it all the way to Paso Robles. I had trouble understanding the man who answered the phone because of his accent, but no, he wouldn't give a refund because it was after 6:00 PM. OK, so I arrived after 3 AM and he was clearly not happy to be awakened. It took a very long time to check in, perhaps because he was so sleepy it was hard for him to do the transaction. The loud conversations in Hindi out in the courtyard, people calling to one another, children running past the door, etc. were all enough to wake us up and keep us awake starting around 8, because apparently there is no soundproofing at all. It sounded like they were in the room with us. We got up to take advantage of the breakfast, only to discover that there were no tables at which to eat. We had to ask for them to go get the milk for the cereal, then sat and held the bowls while eating. We went back to bed for another hour or so, then the front desk called and hung up on me. I know this is a worn-down, old hotel, but a little courtesy while people are trying to sleep would go a long way.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bakersfieldian
Carmel Valley, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

booked here last minute, the La Quinta was full and we'd tried the Motel 6 which also takes dogs and weren't impressed, but I'd go back to Motel 6 rather than stay here again. The people in the office were fine, although a little unfriendly, and has a cute center lawn area. The room we had was very old and shabby looking. Bathroom had only a small shower stall, and was small overall. Looks like their approach to re-caulking is to just put more on because there was a lot of it around the sink and shower. It is dog friendly, but they charge extra each night for the dog (Motel 6 and La Quinta do not). Their "continental breakfast" consists of an automated dispensor of breakfast cereal which is served in the office. We were just there for wine tasting and spent little time in the room, so if I were doing something last minute/cheap like this again, I'd go back to the Motel 6 -- which also is not much to speak of, but better than this.

Room Tip: if you have an option, ask for a room facing the back/pool area. one side faces a school, and since...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Orange County, Ca.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

I was desperate to find a hotel for a friend and I and everything was disappearing fast. I grabbed this room at Travelodge thinking at worst it would be like a Motel 6. WOW was I wrong!! I have looked very closely around the room, and it is clean, I can say that much. However, it is so old and patched with plaster, you'd never notice that it is clean. The comforter is one of those really old polyester ones from 1970, and although it may not really be that old it certainly looks it, complete with faded colors and pilled fabric. I'm going to take a shower in the scary shower stall, then go home and boil myself in my own shower just to be safe. I was completely covered all night with my jammies and socks, but kept waking up a little freaked out because the comforter was touching my face. This place makes you feel itchy. Next time I'll suck it up and pay more to stay somewhere less dumpy.

Room Tip: My best advice would be don't choose one here!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank munkiemama
Santa Cruz, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

Motel looks pretty enough: older court around big lawn.But once in the room, found heater didn't work, neither did many of the sockets, not the T.V. remote either. And the "free" wifi wasn't strong enough to connect (inspite of a trip to the office). The curtains didn't meet in the middle so gap, AND the toilet leaked. The toilet that had a cleaner's paper sanitary band on it,had a public hair on the seat. However, if you're travelling with a dog, they do have a "Dog Run", a clean grassy area fenced in your pooch can be off leash.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank indigo2star
Hawthorne, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

Old poorly maintained rooms. Breakfast was non-existent. But the big problem is Management double billed me. Then claimed to refund the double billing but never processed the refund through visa.

I had to claim a refund through my credit card. If you stay here be careful. Save your receipts and check you credit card bill carefully. There is on one way to describe what they tried to pull on me - robbery.

Room Tip: try a different hotel
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple