“Beware of thieves”

Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
Hawthorne, Nevada
“Beware of thieves”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Old poorly maintained rooms. Breakfast was non-existent. But the big problem is Management double billed me. Then claimed to refund the double billing but never processed the refund through visa.

I had to claim a refund through my credit card. If you stay here be careful. Save your receipts and check you credit card bill carefully. There is on one way to describe what they tried to pull on me - robbery.

Room Tip: try a different hotel
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Shawn H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
California
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My friend and I traveled to Paso Robles, CA on 9/10/11 to attend A Retirement. I booked with the Travelodge thru Hotels.Com. I was delighted to find a Motel that took dogs. Upon arrival and after being charged $177.67 for our one night stay, when I went to the office to check-In I was charged another $10.00 for the dog fee which I thought was included in the $177.67.
The yard was quite nice and the dog run was very clean. The room was dark and dreary. The drapes were white at one time but were a dirty, dirty white almost brown. The bedspreads were dark and looked dirty. The sheets were dingy. They need to use some bleach and Tide. The room was so warm that we had to have the air on all night. The noise alone from the A/C kept us awake all night. I was so uncomfortable I wanted to leave at 3 A.M.
The breakfast was o.k. but there was no cream cheese for the bagels. How much is a container of cream cheese when u r paying so much for a couple of hours in the room!
I will never stay in that motel again. If I have to stay somewhere I will travel down south and stay at a better and cleaner Motel that I am familiar with. This experience was a total Rip-Off!
I am not a complainer but when you are taken advantage of like this it is disheartening.
I also asked Mr. Patel for a receipt (bill) but he said I had to get it from Hotels.Com.
I don't need one now as I have already been charged and received by credit card bill. This was a bad experience with Travelodge and Hotels.Com.

Room Tip: Beware. If possible look a the room before you choose to stay.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Dodgerray

Travelers are raving about these Paso Robles hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I wish I would of read reviews for this place, what a dump! I booked through Priceline and paid way to much. I checked in very late at night and didn't notice till the next morning the room had not been cleaned. Dirty toilet & soiled towels, trash in waste cans etc. The hotel is dirty, smelly, run down and shabby. The furniture is all cheap & beat up including the beds. My bed had a sheet on the bottom that didn't even cover the foot of the mattress and looked (and smelled) as if it came from a thrift store. At $115 including taxes I thought I would be at a decent place. I had reservations about booking at Travelodge due to stays at other hotels. I'll never stay at another Travelodge in my life.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
WALNUT, CA
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Place is very outdated, not worth what we paid. Left a day earlier. Breakfast very pood

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank LENCHA
Aptos, California
Reviewed July 3, 2011

I just hope Wyndham reads these reviews and as far as I can tell they do not and still sponsor this motel. Reservation was booked online with non smoking room. Arrived and had to take a smoking room which all but choked me from the smell. Went to office for a candle to mask smell. No apologies for this disgusting room. Attending a wedding so had no time to move to another motel.
Not a full set of towels. Continental breakfast. Yeah right. Nobody around. A disgusting room from start to finish.
If 87 percent of the reviews are negative what the hell does it take to get this off of Wyndham. From what I can tell so far Wyndham only books the bottom of the line motels. Not worth the time to accumulate points. Horrible experience.

Room Tip: No positive tips. Don't stay here
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank margiesmemories
Aptos, California
Reviewed May 30, 2011

I would never stay here again. Our hotel expectations are to just stay at a friendly, clean place. This hotel was neither. The owner had the attitude that we were an unwelcome bother. The room itself was barely ok. The bedspread had an icky stain on it. There was no toilet paper dispenser on the wall. The toilet paper roll sat on the windowsill. On top of that, it was $129 for a queen bed. I would recommend you choose another hotel. Ps, said there was wifi but did not.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lcsaltz
Westminster, California
Reviewed May 27, 2011

I called in advance and asked the prices, since I wanted to take my pet (dog) and they accept pets. They told me and average price over the phone, so we decided to go. When we got there the price jumped $20.00 from what they quoted me over the phone, and I did mention that I had a pet when I called. Needless to say we only stayed one night in Paso Robles, we were going to stay 3 nights. Paso Robles lost out on our moneys that we were going to stay and vacation. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
Beware of this place.