“Decent place, but a bit pricey, probably due to the Festival”

Motel 6 Paso Robles
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
Reviewed May 28, 2010

Stayed at this Motel 6 during Paso's very popular Wine Fest weekend. Easy and friendly check-in. Kinda pricey ($87-ish) compared to what we usually pay for other Motel 6 stays (we are regulars), but then again it was a very busy weekend. Decent location, short drive to downtown, easy/right off the freeway. Very clean basic room, cheap pillows, but a pretty comfy bed. I do hope our USA Motel 6 locations someday get to be as good quality as Accor's Ibis brand, where we have stayed in Europe, S America and Morrocco. Free wi-fi would be a nice addition.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patrick S
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Paso Robles

Reviewed May 2, 2010

I booked my stay at Motel 6 before I read the online reviews. I will admit, I was.. scared. The town was completely booked for the triathlon, and therefore, could not change my reservation by the time I read the review.

I used my GPS to find the property. I had no trouble finding the motel. After going to the property, I can understand how it might be tricky to find.

The property showed well. It was clean. The landscaping was well maintained maintained. The pool was clean. The staff was personable and friendly. There were ample parking places. The parking places are even wider than I expected. They have RV parking.

I stayed in room 120. The room was impeccably clean. The towels were clean and soft. The room did not smell. The floors were clean. The heating and cooling system worked perfectly. The room was quiet and I could not hear my neighbors.

There is a Carl's Jr and Taco Bell within walking distance to the property. There are restaurants that are just a couple blocks away.

I had a great experience. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank OCTRIGUY
Reviewed November 19, 2008

I agree with most of the negative things written here, but I wouldn't bother to post a review if my stay hadn't been awful for additional reasons.

Motel 6 has a policy of "first come, first serve" on their rooms. I have nerve damage in my ankles that causes me constant pain and which results in significantly worse pain if I am forced to climb stairs or walk long distances. I requested a ground floor room when I made my booking because they do not have an elevator and I do not actually enjoy pain, but when I checked in I was told they could not honor this "special request." I am often in a wheelchair, and wonder if they would have just put me out on the street had I been in my wheelchair at this time (given that they have no elevator).

I contacted Motel 6 about their policy of complete disregard for people with disabilities and was responded to with a form letter that did not address any of my concerns. I find this corporate policy deeply offensive and would never stay at a Motel 6 again even if I could (knowing that they do not provide accessible rooms would make it impossible to stay there anyway). I expect bad service and questionable cleanliness when I go to a Motel 6 (and always get them), but I did not expect this attitude towards people with disabilities affecting their mobility.

(By the way, we were told we checked in too late (2pm) to get a first floor room, but the room they first tried to put us in hadn't even been cleaned yet so apparently we were also too early for a room that was ready for guests.)

• Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed October 20, 2008

There was only one iron available for the entire property and no ironing board at all. We had trouble getting into the room with the hotel key cards. You had to slide them through extremely slowly. The second day we had to have them recoded because they wouldn't work at all. The door had to be slammed shut and leaned against in order to use the deadbolt.

On Saturday night we could barely get any sleep. The walls are so thin I could hear the conversation next door. Someone decided to start playing the trumpet outside at 10:45 pm. There is a mexican restaurant turned nightclub next door that provided some noise. Several people drove through the parking lot with their music blaring. Large groups of people would walk by throughout the night talking loudly and laughing. At 2:15 am we were awoken by the conversations of the group above us who decided to talk outside instead of in their room. The setup of the building provided great amplification for their conversation. I was about to call it in to the office when they stopped.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2008

This is the worst Motel 6 we've stayed at. Of course, we all know Motel 6s are hit or miss but this one is definitely a MISS! Our room, 202, was on second floor and smelled like URINE.
Candy and junk on corners of box springs and dirty shower too. Lots of blue collar worker types hanging out on balconies smoking with doors open. Didnt' feel very safe there so we ended up leaving early even though we paid for room already. Will never stay at this one again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2006

Went there with some friends and we had separate rooms in different areas. It was small, clean, and suited the purpose as a place to stay while we hit the wineries! Nothing extravagant, and actually pleasant.

The only negative was that for two days there were motorcyclists (sp?) who insisted on revving their engines at all hours and management did nothing about it. However, once they checked out, it was quiet again. That's what I get for having a room right next to the parking lot!

I would definitely stay there again. It's not a "romantic" or luxury getaway by any stretch of the imagination, but for clean, functional, and cheap ... it's hard to beat.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2006

This hotel was pretty much everything you'd expect from a motel 6. It has your standard rooms and it is a pet friendly hotel which is why we choose them. It did have an issue on our first day with no hot water and I found that it takes running the hot water about 20 minutes for it to get hot at times, the next morning we had hot water right away. If you don't like noisy kids though don't get a room by the pool.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple