“No accessiblity for people with disabilities”

Motel 6 Paso Robles
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
Boston, MA
“No accessiblity for people with disabilities”
Reviewed November 19, 2008

I agree with most of the negative things written here, but I wouldn't bother to post a review if my stay hadn't been awful for additional reasons.

Motel 6 has a policy of "first come, first serve" on their rooms. I have nerve damage in my ankles that causes me constant pain and which results in significantly worse pain if I am forced to climb stairs or walk long distances. I requested a ground floor room when I made my booking because they do not have an elevator and I do not actually enjoy pain, but when I checked in I was told they could not honor this "special request." I am often in a wheelchair, and wonder if they would have just put me out on the street had I been in my wheelchair at this time (given that they have no elevator).

I contacted Motel 6 about their policy of complete disregard for people with disabilities and was responded to with a form letter that did not address any of my concerns. I find this corporate policy deeply offensive and would never stay at a Motel 6 again even if I could (knowing that they do not provide accessible rooms would make it impossible to stay there anyway). I expect bad service and questionable cleanliness when I go to a Motel 6 (and always get them), but I did not expect this attitude towards people with disabilities affecting their mobility.

(By the way, we were told we checked in too late (2pm) to get a first floor room, but the room they first tried to put us in hadn't even been cleaned yet so apparently we were also too early for a room that was ready for guests.)

• Stayed November 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Salinas, California
Reviewed October 20, 2008

There was only one iron available for the entire property and no ironing board at all. We had trouble getting into the room with the hotel key cards. You had to slide them through extremely slowly. The second day we had to have them recoded because they wouldn't work at all. The door had to be slammed shut and leaned against in order to use the deadbolt.

On Saturday night we could barely get any sleep. The walls are so thin I could hear the conversation next door. Someone decided to start playing the trumpet outside at 10:45 pm. There is a mexican restaurant turned nightclub next door that provided some noise. Several people drove through the parking lot with their music blaring. Large groups of people would walk by throughout the night talking loudly and laughing. At 2:15 am we were awoken by the conversations of the group above us who decided to talk outside instead of in their room. The setup of the building provided great amplification for their conversation. I was about to call it in to the office when they stopped.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Paso Robles hotels

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 11, 2008

This is the worst Motel 6 we've stayed at. Of course, we all know Motel 6s are hit or miss but this one is definitely a MISS! Our room, 202, was on second floor and smelled like URINE.
Candy and junk on corners of box springs and dirty shower too. Lots of blue collar worker types hanging out on balconies smoking with doors open. Didnt' feel very safe there so we ended up leaving early even though we paid for room already. Will never stay at this one again.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed November 20, 2006

Went there with some friends and we had separate rooms in different areas. It was small, clean, and suited the purpose as a place to stay while we hit the wineries! Nothing extravagant, and actually pleasant.

The only negative was that for two days there were motorcyclists (sp?) who insisted on revving their engines at all hours and management did nothing about it. However, once they checked out, it was quiet again. That's what I get for having a room right next to the parking lot!

I would definitely stay there again. It's not a "romantic" or luxury getaway by any stretch of the imagination, but for clean, functional, and cheap ... it's hard to beat.

• Liked — Location was convenient and close to the freeway.
  • Disliked — Management did nothing about revving motorcycles.
  • Tips/Secrets — Try to get a room away from the parking lot.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
Danville, California
Reviewed August 21, 2006

This hotel was pretty much everything you'd expect from a motel 6. It has your standard rooms and it is a pet friendly hotel which is why we choose them. It did have an issue on our first day with no hot water and I found that it takes running the hot water about 20 minutes for it to get hot at times, the next morning we had hot water right away. If you don't like noisy kids though don't get a room by the pool.

• Liked — The best part is this is a good stopping point on a road trip and they take pets.
  • Disliked — It is a definitely a lower class hotel
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Whocaresanyway
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 24, 2006

We stayed here one night on a 2000 mile road trip starting in San Francisco. It was cheap, the room was clean and had towels and a good shower - the sink didn't drain properly but we were only there for one night, so didn't really care. I'm English so I wouldn't really describe it as in Paso Robles - it was definitely too far to walk into the centre of Paso Robles when both of us wanted a beer in the evening. There are several places to eat within 5 minutes walk or less though. Margie's did a good dinner (and served beer) and breakfast. Basically it's cheap and cheerful.

• Liked — cheap and in a good location between san francisco and las vegas
  • Disliked — it wasn't actually in the centre of paso robles - I don't come from a car culture!
  • Tips/Secrets — book online for a discount
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sus_p
SF Bay
Reviewed March 27, 2005

On the surface, Motel 6 seemed acceptable enough. The location is convenient, the motel is positioned at the major exit to the town and there are many amenities nearby, restaurants, petrol stations, etc.

The room was very small but that is no great complaint. However, the heating didn't work and the hot water didn't work. This is the least any traveller can expect from a motel. We were advised that there was a 'knack' to running each application but these tricks didn't work either. We were relegated to another room, ostensibly a 'non-smoking' room, that, in fact, had a full, dirty ashtray and reeked of foul, old smoke. We had to take the faulty room in the end and due to a customer-service foul-up, we were disturbed well after midnight by someone trying to enter the room for a spare part and then received a call from the front desk about the mix-up. It was hard getting back to sleep with the constant noise of other patrons and the freeway directly outside!

In defence of the staff, they were generally helpful and attempted to fix each problem but we definitely won't stay there again and would urge anyone else against doing so.

• Stayed March 2005