“Need up grades or finish upgrades!”

Motel 6 Paso Robles
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
Reviewed July 16, 2013

After my stay n Merced, I was very disappointed with my room. It had no night stands. The sink was new but clogged, the floor needed to b mopped, the tv was small I couldn't enjoy it with limited channels, there wifi wasn't working, n they had a bedspread on the bed that was torn n use a softener for those had covers n sheets!

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This was my first ever stay at a Motel 6 and I only chose it as I was traveling through the area on a weekend and most other places had a two night minimum.

Pros:
-- While it's very close to the freeway I heard no traffic sounds.
-- I don't know if there were people on either side of us but I didn't hear them if there were.\
-- Staff was nice (yes, the did call to see if everything was OK.
-- AC worked fine

Cons:
-- No Kleenex -- yes, I realize it's a Motel 6 but still.
-- Very thin, small towels
-- The shower was *very* slippery. Should have slip treads.
-- Very cheap toilet paper
-- Very small TV (but it worked OK)
-- Thin mattress (but I slept OK)
-- Wooden stairs don't look to be in the best shape (I didn't know wooden stairways were even legal.
-- Charge for WiFi.

I scheduled to travel back to the Bay Area on a weekday and have found other accommodations with a much higher rating for about $25 more.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WhiteDahlia
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've never thought as Motel 6 to be anything great and this certainly lived up to that!
It's in town, close to the freeway (I didn't hear any traffic noise) and is the very basic.

However, there was no tissues or alarm clock. The shower was slippery and the pressure sucked.
The bed and pillows were comfortable.

We were on the first floor. People outside are loud and you can hear them well. The people above us walking around and the early morning car alarm was not necessary.

Overall, everything worked. The staff were nice and no issues.

Saw that they had a pool; but didn't check it out.

Room Tip: Probably get a room near the back, if there is a back. We were right in front next door to the offic...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank screebie2
Reviewed March 31, 2013

03/31/13

Easy place to find just off Hwy. 101 & 46. The man at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. We stayed in room 119 on the side away from the Hwy. but next to the ROOSTER. The bright side is it's better than listening to the trucks go by. The room was very nice and clean. I feel that the price was very high for a Motel 6 especially a room with no ice box, no microwave and you have to pay $2.99 for WiFi.

After we got settled in the man at the front desk called to see if everything was OK. You don't get that very often.

Cap & Virginia

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My first room smelled of urine; so i requested to be moved. The second room was slightly better but the bed was very old and rock hard. this motel allows pets and there was dog hair from various animals all over the place, including the freshly made bed. i only stayed one night and i will never again. Besides the appauling room condition the property is a mess. The stairwells to the second floor are so rotted I feared for my life just using them. i did complain to the management and got a polite form letter answer. I'm in the area often and so far the stair issue has not been addressed in the month since i stayed there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Love2GoSee
Reviewed December 5, 2012

First timer to a motel 6 . Very basic at best . Bed , shower , desk , chair , heater-ac , and a drawer for clothes . Rate is fairly priced . For my taste , bed was slightly hard . May work well for some . Was very surprised when I got a call from the front desk and was asked if my room was in order . Wow ! Never had that happen to me , even at some higher end hotels . My co-worker , who is a regular advises to ask for a room in the quiet section . Been told there is a noisy side and a quiet side . Now there is a small poker house in the same lot , never visited . A mexican restaurant also on the same lot . Denny's down the street and a gas station for your convenience . Also right off hwy 101 and the 46 . Gets really crowded around the fair time , not sure when that is . Would probably stay there again . Had no problems here .

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank bunky-68
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We arrived around noon and wanted to check in early to be able to drop off some wine and not leave it in the car on a warm day. We were in the area for a wine event. The front desk staff woman really did her best to get us a room - rearranging the cleaning staff to get our room ready. She was very kind. The room itself is in serious need of an update - things are looking worn. The sheets did not really fit the bed. For the price in the area - it was a bargain but for $90 (weekend) i somehow expected more. It is close to several fast food restaurants including starbucks- couple block walk. If it had not been for the super kind front desk staff woman, I would have rated it a 2 star. It was a sold out weekend so she really went out of her way to be accomodating. I have stayed here before - shortly after an update and it has been a while and needs to be done again.

Room Tip: There is highway noise - rooms along the back might be the best.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
#11 of 18 in Paso Robles
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Paso Robles Atascadero

Been to Motel 6 Paso Robles? Share your experiences!