“Better than I expected & very Dog friendly”

Motel 6 Paso Robles
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
Reviewed June 7, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed during Memorial weekend with our 2 dogs. We were hesitant to book since it is a Motel 6, but our choices were very limited with 2 dogs. However, the rooms were clean, they property was also clean and quiet. One tip: BRING YOUR OWN SHAMPOO/CONDITIONER, as it is not provided at this hotel. They have a vending machine that sells them, but it's better to bring yours. Another tip: We rearranged the table to the corner to allow more room, since the rooms are pretty small. Last tip: We brought our own sheets and pillows, so we felt at home in the bed. Bed is a full size, and kinda firm, but overall not bad. I never really felt the sketchy vibe I was expecting. Most people staying there were just there for wine tasting, or bicycling. Friendly front desk staff, room was made up each day. No pet fees. (i heard from the locals that Hampton inn is great for pets too with a dog run behind the hotel, but I dont know how much they are in comparison to this hotel) This Motel6 is Kinda more expensive than other Motel6 locations, but it is in a pretty good location. Walking distance to fast food places, and other restaurants. The restaurant at the Best Western has good breakfast with huge portions, so share. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Cbstar76

Reviewed May 29, 2011

visited during Wine Festival and room pickings were limited so we were glad to find this hotel available; definitely NOT fancy, but clean; easy to walk to Starbuck's and diner (about 2 blocks), easy access to highway

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlohaHonolulu
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Yeah its a motel and don't expect much but I felt it was a pretty good value ($60ish per night), has a good location, is clean, and service is pretty good. I would definitely recommend it if you are not going to spend too much time in the room.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dcbreber
Reviewed April 13, 2011

If you are looking for clean & comfortable for far less money - this is the place to stay.

While there were NO amenities such as shampoo, hair dryer, fridge or safe - we paid 1/2 what friends paid at other similar hotels. The towels were soft, although thinner than more expensive hotels, but we asked for extra towels and were gladly given them. This hotel is very convenient to the fairgrounds, the highway and getting around Paso by car. Our room's heater blew only cool air, but I understand other rooms have upgraded AC/Heat units. The hotel staff were friendly and polite. We got what we paid for and were happy. And they left the light on

Room Tip: ask for an end room away from Hwy 101
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank italy3-06
Reviewed March 20, 2011

I came for work (3 weeks) and all the neighboring hotels were booked for my first 2 days in town due to the Zin festival So I was forced to stay here and let me tell u it was an experience. Small rooms, with hard beds and very thin blankets. The heater in my room failed to work and the tube tv was so small I needed my glasses on to watch it but it didn't matter due to the sound of the man snoring in the room next to me, it sounded like he was in my room with me...besides the VERY friendly desk staff the only thing good I can say was that the shower was great. Awesome water pressure and plenty of very hot water. I was very pleased and relaxed when I shut the shower off. All of course quickly changed when I reached for the tiny ridiculously thin towel to dry off with... It was like fricken sandpaper and almost hurt, I guess they forgot to tell me about the "free exfoliation" provided after every shower. Ya, I knew it wasnt going to be a luxurious stay...but come on. Next time if Motel 6 is my only choice, I think I'll sleep in my car. Oh I almost forgot, the maid went through my stuff. She actually left part of a present out on the counter that when I left was in a gift bag, didn't take anything but I guess she was just too curious... BS right?!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Armyg73
Reviewed August 3, 2010

I took my 16 year old twin daughters to the Mid State Fair and stayed at the Motel 6 because it was around $100 while all of the others were twice as much. I was leary about staying at a Motel 6 but to my suprise the rooms were very clean, new paint, new carpet, no bad smell. It was within walking distance to the fair which made it really nice. We will definatley stay there next year when the fair comes. Keep in mind that this is a Motel 6 so there are no frills but since we were just looking for a place to sleep after spending 8 hours at the fair it worked for us.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2010

My hubby and I were on a driving vacation up the CA coast and our trip happened to coincide with the US Open golf tourney in Pebble Beach. This made the cost of hotels in the Monterey area astronomical. We ended up detouring to Paso Robles and checked into the Motel 6 to save a few pennies. First off, the rate was $90 so it wasn't cheap for this type of accomodation. The lobby was incredibly small and rather dirty. The pool was being renovated, so no swim for me. As we were walking to our room, we were rudely greeted by two large and agressive dogs who were staying in the room next door with their owners. The door was left open so the dogs could run in and out of the room. Not the problem of the motel, but I was surprised that two such large animals were permitted. The room looked like it had new carpet and bedspreads, but the walls and bathroom were in need of attention. No toiletries in the bathroom, just two very thin towels. I did complain to Motel 6 directly and got a response from the property's general manager that they were working on the problem. It read like a form letter to me. I won't be going back.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple