1,057 results
All reviews best westerns hand sanitizer margie's diner western hotels large portions motor lodge fair grounds great place to stay wine tasting road trip rooms are clean bed was comfortable easy access continental breakfast wine country convenient location one night stay
Selected filters
Reviewed May 9, 2019

Cannot say enough good things . This property continues to deliver a great stay. Always immaculate. Price is good. The owner keeps putting money back in for upgrades, like new workout room, carpet and furniture.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed May 7, 2019

We were going to the Three Speckled Hens ' antique show so the location of this hotel was perfect. Rooms were neat and tidy, amenities great (except I don't like the smell of citrus, imagine that living in California), pool area was spotless and chairs most comfortable. Not a complaint from the three of us! So convenient to the fairgrounds. Plus it always helps to have a happy friendly staff at the front desk and on the grounds. All three of us Loved the reading light on the headboard! Way to go! Finally a hotel where we can read in bed at night!!

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 29, 2019 via mobile

We chose this hotel for the last night of our weeklong road trip. We got delayed and the front desk called to confirm if we were still interested in checking in, which I appreciate. Once we got there I relayed how my best friends daughter dropped and spilled her root beer float only minutes before we arrived. They knew we had a long day and the kids were melting down. Michelle made sure to give us extra cookies and Robyn even gave us her ice cream sandwich. Such lovely and thoughtful women. It has the older layout, like a highway motor lodge with exterior doors. I appreciated how convenient the location was to the freeway, close to a gas station and several food options. It was only a few minutes drive from downtown Paso Robles where there were many nice dining options. The room itself slept 5, two in each queen bed and one on the sofa bed. I had never seen a single sofa bed before, it took some figuring out, I may have missed instructions. The room was stylishly furnished, clean and updated. The beds were very comfortable. I appreciated all the little extras in the toiletries basket, this being our third BW this week, they included more helpful things than any of the others. I would definitely stay here again the next time I’m in town. One thing- this BW does not offer a free breakfast but they do offer coupons for the diner next door, $5 off pp next door. I wasn’t a fan of the diner, I found it overpriced on a per person basis $12-$16pp although each plate could feed two people. The problem for us was that we all wanted different food, and they wouldn’t let adults order the smaller kids meals. We saw two other families look at the prices and leave while we were there. Food was fresh, I just wasn’t impressed enough to want to pay $15 again for eggs toast potatoes and bacon. That said BW had coffee and apples in their lobby.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 20, 2019

Best Western Black Oak was really clean and had modern decor. Layout of the guest room dated this hotel but the cleanliness and fresh decor put a nice spin on an older styled layout.
Location was ideal - on HWY 46 just west of 101.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed April 2, 2019 via mobile

The rooms are clean and roomy. We enjoyed the connecting cafe with a good menu. While we prefer rooms not accessible from the outside, this was relatively quiet and safe. Even though it is an older facility, it was well maintained.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple