Best Western Plus Black Oak
La Bellasera Hotel and Suites(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
$209
The Oaks Hotel & Suites(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
$132
AscendHotels
Courtyard Marriott Paso Robles(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
$139
Adelaide Inn(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
$122
Holiday Inn Express & Suites(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
$122
Hampton Inn & Suites - Paso Robles(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
$180
$161
Paso Robles Inn(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
$169
$164
La Quinta Inn & Suites Paso Robles(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
$144
Orbitz.com
Melody Ranch Motel(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
$85
Hotel Cheval(Paso Robles)
$495
Orbitz.com
All reviewsbest westernsmargie's dinerwestern hotelshand sanitizerceiling fansmoking roomnice hotelgreat place to stayfair groundswine tastingmotor lodgenice poolclean roomsbottled waterlarge roombed was comfortableeasy access
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Hello Vacationers,

Just be aware that this hotel has horrendous customer service. The front desk manager Brandi is the worst. Just make sure you read all of the fine print on your confirmation notice. Also make certain you are aware of all the special events in the area because your cancellation policy is tied to the special events in the area. We called 6 days before our hotel reservation to change the reservation date from Friday to Saturday and and spoke the front desk. The front desk never advised us of a special event that automatically changes the cancellation policy from the standard 24 hours to 5 days. Furthermore, the hotel never sent us a new confirmation email stating the new date of the reservation as well as the cancellation policy. When we called 2 days before the new reservation date to cancel all together, the front desk manager Brandi was completely rude and abrupt with both my wife and myself saying this conversation is going nowhere and I am not going to change my stance. We called Best Western Corporate and spoke to Cynthia from their Customer Relations department and filed a complaint advising them of the situation. Best Western corporate agreed with us saying that if they had the power to do so, they would cancel for us with no penalty. Since the black oak hotel property is owned and operated solely all they could do was file a complaint and when the hotel was up for renewal they would take all of the complaints into consideration.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Xochi33198
BOMLBW, General Manager at Best Western Plus Black Oak, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

We are sorry that you did not consider that the terms and conditions that you agreed to on July 1, when your reservation was made for July 19 would apply when you changed your arrival date to July 20. As a suggestion, anytime you make changes to reservations remember to inquire about cancellation or any other policy that may be in place. Please remember also that a hotel reservation is a contract between the hotel and guest. It is unfortunate that you felt it necessary to chastise our front office manager publicly by name because she would not waiver on the contract that you agreed to. Angela McKee, General Manager

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very nice & clean with a comfy bed. Very quiet even on the first floor.
Friendly staff & the entire property was well maintained & updated.
Very convenient to so many local wineries, We especially enjoyed Steinbeck & Pear Valley.
Only drawback, breakfast is at the onsite restaurant with the hotel providing a $5 voucher.
Good food & large portions.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Had a room for 5 for a quick one night stay. Clean, pretty good for the price. Quiet. Good alternative to the expensive hotels on the Central Coast if your on a budget and want to see what the Central Coast has to offer, close enough to the beaches and attractions. Nice wine country loop close by.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We used the Black Oak for some of our wedding guests and it was well-run and the hotel was responsive.

It's nicer than a regular Best Western--with better pillows, etc. Plus there's a discount for breakfast at a nearby diner (which I frankly prefer to the usual Continental breakfast a hotel without a kitchen usually puts out).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Margaret M
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Nothing about my stay here was pleasant!! It began with terrible service from the front desk! I am in the customer service business and if I ever treated someone as poorly as this I wouldn't get a warning, I would be fired on the spot. As a college student, when my parents try to help out and book a room on Expedia for me it's expected that I will get to stay in the room I paid for. However they claim that doesn't work and that my parents need to be here. This has never happened before and I will never be returning. I now have to deal with Expedia to cancel what has already been charged, approved and paid for and pay cash that was my gas money. I am a very patient and through person but this is unacceptable from anywhere. Please do not give them your business!! Huge regret!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Cb3434
BOMLBW, General Manager at Best Western Plus Black Oak, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for posting your concerns. In response to the items you have brought up, I would like to offer an explanation as to our procedures. First, your reservation with Expedia was not charged with the credit card you provided to them. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Black Oak, does not have a prepay account with Expedia and its travel partners. This information is provided when a reservation is booked. There was however, a $1 authorization placed at time of booking to verify the card was valid.

Upon arrival a credit card is required for check in for every guest even those paying with cash as posted at the front desk. Additionally, if the card holder is not present to show the card and valid id, additional authorization in writing is required. This is standard procedure at many hotels. I am sorry that you felt mistreated by our procedures, but we have to protect credit card holders and our business.

Respectfully,