“A surprising find!”
Review of Panolivo

Panolivo
Reserve with OpenTable
Panolivo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 201 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 14th Street
Description: Tasty, comforting and healthy, French-inspired California cuisine, in a warm, inviting, casual chic atmosphere. Breakfast, lunch & dinner served nonstop, all-day, everyday. Dedicated Vegan Menu. Dedicated Gluten free menu. Menu also featuring Mediterranean dishes from Jaffa Cafe.
Reviewed October 22, 2013

As my wife and I took a walk around town we noticed what seemed like two restaurants in one - Panolivo & Jaffa, offering kabobs on one side and a more Italian/French menu on the other. Actually, maybe 3 restaurants if you count the bakery/expresso counter. Turns out they have their own bakery in the back of the premises. A few blocks off the main plaza, where all the restaurants were buzzing and had waiting lists, Panolivo offered a quieter alternative and as it turns out, wonderful meals for us.

It was a warm evening so we sat outside and ended up ordering from both menus. Stuffed grape leaves, falafel, salads, a nice filet with green beans along with very fresh rolls. Did I mention that they also make their own ice cream and sorbets? That's where went for dessert - a chocolate sundae with coconut and chocolate ice creams with whipped cream that was also made there - a great finish to our meal! The service was friendly and ready with information and advice and very attentive throughout the meal.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was our 2nd trip to this restaurant and our last. The food was tasteless and service was slow. The grilled panini's looked like sandwiches on English muffins with no grill marks evident, I've had better minestrone soup from a can and the salad was just giant chunks of lettuce in a watery vinegarette. Definitely not worth the 75.00 we paid for it.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

This restaurant is conveniently located in downtown Paso. We were there for breakfast, but it seemed they had a pretty good menu for lunch and dinner, also. I had the vegetarian breakfast burrito, which had eggs (egg whites were an option), cheese and thick slices of avocado, in a spinach tortilla wrap. The wrap was very filling, but really delicious. I opted for the cinnamon bread with it, which was also fantastic. My husband had one of the heartier breakfasts, with eggs, bacon and potatoes. He seemed pretty happy with is meal. The service was very good, and the coffee was great! The prices were about average for the most part, with some seeming a bit high. Overall, I'd recommend it, and would definitely return to try some items on the lunch menu.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We were in paso for a couple of days, and our hotel didn't offer breakfast, so we were given a list of places to try. This one was our favourite by far, we had breakfast two consecutive days. The staff were helpful, and the food amazing. There is plenty of parking, and you can sit either inside or outside. This is one place worth a visit!

1  Thank Rachel F
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Panolivo Family Bistro is one of my favorite casual eateries in Paso. Owners and chefs Didier and Beatrice serve traditional French family fare with fresh California ingredients, as well as a wide variety of other offerings including many salads, sandwiches, pastas and vegetarian dishes. I love the seafood croustade filled with shrimp, scallops, baby clams and calamari in a creamy mushroom white wine sauce with its flaky house-made puff pastry. Panolivo is the only place in San Luis Obispo’s north county where I can get escargot anytime I feel so inclined. Other great traditional French dishes include boeuf bourguignon and chicken cordon bleu. For lunch I love the seafood Cobb which has a generous amount of fresh seafood with a tasty lemon vinaigrette and side of lemon aioli. They have gluten-free breakfast, lunch and dinner menus, the most extensive that I have seen in north county, including pastas, bread, pastries and desserts. They make gorgeous and delectable French pastries; my son who is the chocolate expert recommends the “opera” or “chocolate dome.” Panolivo also has a children’s menu. The atmosphere is a cheerful yellow and green, Provençal style. French sodas, and a nice selection of French and California wines are available. Now housed in Panolivo is the popular San Luis Obispo restaurant, Jaffa, which serves gyros, schawarma, kabobs, falafel and other Mediterranean favorites. With Jaffa in the same building, there are even more menu options and diners can order from both menus. Prices are reasonable; the restaurant is a short two blocks from the Paso City Park. Dogs are welcome on the outside patio.

1  Thank DawnStarr