All reviews front desk wine tasting lobby bar wine country bathroom door up to date business trip excellent stay nice property king bed hearst castle short drive off the highway san francisco convenient location we've stayed paso
Selected filters
Reviewed May 15, 2019

The hotel was fine upon arrival, nice in appearance. Our room was nice enough, with exception of the beds.......THEY ARE TERRIBLE. If you need a good night’s sleep, stay somewhere else. The beds are on the harder, boxy side with no give. The shower is just ok, very soft water. They do have high speed internet which is a plus. The front desk staff was fine, the most helpful person to us was one of the maintanance/housekeeping guys, I wish I could remember his name.

So, there were signs upon arrival, in the elevator, and in our room that they were going to be cleaning the carpets in the hotel for the rest of the week starting the next morning at 8:30. They definitely started at that time and we know that because we could hear their equipment hitting the walls connected to our room and our door. Well, no more sleep for us on a morning that we had an opportunity to sleep in for once. Then, the smell from whatever they were using to clean began seeping through underneath our door, into our room. Not a good thing bc we didn’t have our window open and we are both sensitive to chemicals.

As if that weren’t bad enough, we decide to go down and grab breakfast. We got to the Bistro just as they were closing. As we were about to order, the woman at the counter sees what looked to us to be a cockroach and she says “Oh, is that an earwig?” as she swipes it down off of the top counter to the lower one and proceeds to ask us what we want. My business partner and I look at one another, then look at her and ask if she had at least killed it to which she said “Well, it’s down there.” Another woman walked out behind the counter and the first woman turned around, away from us, and whispered in her ear. The second woman turned around and looked at us and back at the first woman who then whispered to her again. I’m not sure who taught her manners but I’m pretty sure she wasn’t paying attention to those lessons. We finished what we were doing and walked over to the computers to print our paperwork out. There was an issue with the printer, (not to mention their computers and printers are locked down with cables and one of the computers was missing the mouse and the guy that helped us said “Not again.” bc apparently these things get stolen here.) Anyway, the guy that helped us was so nice and wanted nothing but to make sure he did what he could to make things better for us. When he came back over to us, coming behind him was the second woman from the bistro, the one that was whispered to. She apologized to me and claimed they were talking about some event they had to set up for next or some sort of b.s. like that. Please. If that were the case, I guarantee you that it would t have warranted whispering AND she would not have turned around and looked at us when it happened. Do not insult our intelligence

The redeeming factor is that when we called down and spoke with the manager, she relayed what happened to the GM and she called us back to let us know the GM had offered to comp our room for the night. That was appreciated. The unfortunate thing is that I am a titanium elite Marriott member, that means I don’t spend one or two nights per year at the Marriott. Last year alone I spent over 100 nights at Marriotts. Where I stay when I am on business is up to me, the way that woman made us feel, will definitely make me think twice about where I will stay. I don’t see us returning to this particular one.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Brittany T, Manager at Courtyard Marriott Paso Robles, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2019

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this caused during your stay with us. Your concerns have been addressed to the appropriate management. Once again, I do apologize for the service you received during your stay with us.

Reviewed April 20, 2019

Have stayed here before and enjoyed and this was no exception. Desk staff are excellent and most helpful. Room was large, airy, comfortably furnished, quiet, spotless and the bed was very comfortable. Good location. Will return.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Brittany T, General Manager at Courtyard Marriott Paso Robles, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2019

Thank you sueprc, for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Courtyard Paso! So thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay and our stay could contribute to the experience. We can't wait to welcome you back to our property again in the future!

Reviewed April 9, 2019

We booked a night stay at this hotel with plenty of parking and got billed $6.00 for parking once we arrived. This should have been disclosed when we booked the room. How can you compare prices when booking if things are added once you arrive at the property?

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Brittany T, General Manager at Courtyard Marriott Paso Robles, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2019

Hello geoinlb,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I apologize you were not made aware of the fee prior to your arrival. I'm not sure how you booked your reservation but on Marriott.com when booking the reservation if you click on "Summary of Charges" the parking fee is notated under the section labeled "Additional Fees." On third party sites it is also notated.
Again, I apologize for the misunderstanding and appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed April 4, 2019

The bathroom layout is very good. There is a small couch in the main room which is nice for watching television. Climate control is excellent. Nice desk area with good lighting. Nice lighting by bed for reading.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Patricia H, Director of Sales at Courtyard Marriott Paso Robles, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2019

Thank you for the review John! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the bathroom, as well as the new thermostats and desk! We hope to see you back again in the near future!

Reviewed March 31, 2019

I traveled to Paso planning to meet my wife for our anniversary. I arrived from the bay early in the day and wanted to get us checked in before picking her up at the airport. I walked in and was greeted immediately by Rianda. Super sweet and completely focused on my needs (and she has a great Mississippi accent). My room was not ready but she called housekeeping to check on it anyway - it was ready 15 minutes later!! When we returned later that day, magically we had an anniversary card and bottle of wine in our room. She is a GEM - one of the sweetest hotel employees i have had the pleasure to meet. It doesn't stop there, Jack, the bartender both nights we were there is also super focused on customer service. He made out nights relaxing after a day of running around to wineries - even gave us recommendations and offered to call wineries for us!! This is a top-notch, clean, and comfortable place to stay when in Paso. We will be back!

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Brittany T, General Manager at Courtyard Marriott Paso Robles, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2019

Thank you for your review Happiness120872!
I am thrilled to hear that Rianda and Jack were able to make your stay more personalized and enjoyable! We will ensure to pass your kind comments along to them! Thank you again for your positive feedback about your recent stay! We can't wait to welcome you back in the future!