“Passing the time in Paso”
Review of Hotel Cheval

Hotel Cheval
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I drove down the Pacific Coast Highway and spent two nights at the Hotel Cheval. What a great hotel! We had a beautiful room with a large balcony. Since it is a downtown hotel the opportunity for a view is limited, but the space is great. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in, lots of support but soft.

Unfortunately the room did not have a refrigerator. I asked about the lack of a fridge and was told one could be delivered, but it was not placed in the room. No worries, the town is so delightful it was hard to enjoy the room. The room also does not have a room safe, as a business traveler I am used to being able secure everything, but it was all fine.

We did a wine tour with the sommelier, Jessica. It was fabulous. She took us to great wineries and added commentary about the grapes, area, tastings, etc. it was worth every penny. We have done private tours in Napa, Sonoma, and Santa Cruz. This was the best!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelerT796
There are newer reviews for Hotel Cheval

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I wish that I could take Hotel Cheval with me everywhere my husband and I travel. The room was spacious, the bed was so comfortable and the grounds were just beautiful. I only missed a swimming pool. It would have been nice to relax by the pool on a hot, sunny afternoon. I highly recommend!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Great small hotel with a great location on Paso's "restaurant row". However, the prices are Way out of line for Paso Robles IMO. While this was a very enjoyable hotel experience, the magnitude of the price discrepancy had led me to expect even more than the property delivered.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here for three nights in May, and we found it very comfortable and well-appointed. The rooms and public areas are attractive and well-maintained, and the staff is helpful. The bathroom was spacious, with an excellent shower. The central downtown location is perfect for anything in and around Paso Robles.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We go up to Paso Robles several times a year, and decided this month we would try staying at a different place. I can't tell you how impressed we were with everything about this hotel - from the staff, the wonderful room with it's own little patio, the gorgeous inner courtyard with 2 large fireplaces to enjoy in the evening, the bar that had a delicious free breakfast Sunday morning. The charm and character of this place has won us over - my husband and I will be staying here from now on. Great location - feel you're in your own little world while at the hotel, but within walking distance to all the shops & restaurants in downtown Paso Robles.

Room Tip: They had no fitness center and no restaurant, but the cozy bar w/ patio serves an awesome breakfast...
Reviewed August 9, 2013

As part of our drive from San Francisco to LA, we stayed here for one night for our wine-tasting in Paso Robles. The hotel is beautiful with faultless service. We were sad not to have stayed here longer as the grounds are beautiful, the rooms amazing and so many delightful restaurants closeby. If you are thinking of staying in Paso Robles or wondering where to do your wine-tasting in wine country, this is the place to stay. Thank you to everybody at hotel Cheval, especially Judy, for a wonderful experience. We will be back!

1  Thank Mandy B
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We went to Paso Robles to celebrate our 36th anniversary. We love the wine area and like to go back annually to wine and dine. The B&B we normally stay in was under-going renovations, so we looked on TripAdvisor and found Hotel Cheval. We are smitten!
I won't reiterate what every one else has said about this wonderful little gem of a boutique hotel. I will say that we loved the atmosphere, from the outdoor fireplaces in the evening, to the peaceful patio breakfasts in the morning. (The "Fromage Blanc" is not quite the yogurt Americans expect, and not quite soft cheese. I had it on my bagel with lox and it was delicious.)
The reception service is thoughtful and friendly. They surprised us with a bottle of champagne to help us celebrate!

We've stayed in boutique hotels all over the world, and Hotel Cheval in Paso is definitely in our Top 5 all time favorites. The little things count.

1  Thank SunDapple