“Bad food, sullen service”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #136 of 193 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Paso Robles, California
“Bad food, sullen service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

It's franchise food, tired and tasteless, served by people who don't care whether you are there or not and seem themselves to be elsewhere. If it was the last place in town to go, maybe, but I won't go back otherwise.

Visited September 2011

Paso Robles, California
“Amazing :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2010

On Saturday December 18th....I had lunch at Applebee's and encountered the best service I have ever had in Paso Robles. Her name was Diane, she was helpful friendly and made sure that our experience was the best ever. She seemed to know what we wanted before we had to ask for it. I felt warm and welcomed. She made suggestions and honestly told me what she thought. I appreciate the honesty part. She suggested side salads and soup instead of french fries...It not only made my meal healthier but more filling as well. When I return and I will...I will ask to have her serve me again. Thank you Applebee's for hiring someone that is not only good at her job. But seems to really enjoy what she is doing!! Manager came to our table as well just to check on us. I can't remember the last time that has happened to us. Nice touch. Excellent food for the price and good service with a smile.

Paso Robles, CA
“The manager, Seth, saved the day!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2010

Went to Applebee's last night with some dear friends to celebrate two of our birthdays. Our experience was "bitter sweet". The service was extremely slow and the food was barely warm at best. We lodged our complaints. Seth, the manager, intervened and went the "extra mile" to personally correct our issues. It was his courteous and prompt efforts that saved the day.
dwpr

california
“really surprised!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2008

Okay - I have never written a review before but had to do this one - my daughter, son, and a friend and I were in Paso Robles the weekend of FEb. 15-17 and specifically looked up Applebees there because we wanted a good place to eat and wanted to get some healthy food that complimented our weight loss programs. I have always enjoyed applebees so ignored the previous reviews for this restaurant. Boy was I wrong - granted it was about 8:30 pm when we went on Friday nite but it wasn't busy at all. The service was terrible -even forgot our waters when we finally got service! They forgot my sons french fries - others fries were stale and too salty. One person got a mixed drink - it was way too strong. Son never did get his fries - his ribs were saturated in sauce and not good. no one else had positive comment on meal./ When we left the restaurant, the bar tender was leaving and made the sarcastic comment that if we were drinking his drinks we shouldn't drive because he makes em strong - ha - ha!

Anyway - I have to say if I had never been to an Applebees before, I would hesitate to ever go to one based on this experience. I hope the applebees management reads this and makes some changes because it is a great restaurant to have in that area and with so many events going on year round it could do great business.

PASO ROBLES, CA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Satisfying enough to get online and write a review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2007

My family and I have dined at the Applebees before and yes it was very very busy, but I am a previous food server and know what it is like to open a new restaraunt to a new town and serve patrons as a waiter. I have to say that we were seated right away this evening, had a great server who was very attentive and extremely pleased with the experience thisevening. We dont have a lot of time for these things mid-week so I was pleased enough to get online and write this review. Thank You Applebees for a very pleasant experience and Welcome To Paso Robles! Now that your Grand Opening Wave of patrons visiting is over, we are quite pleased with the ambiance and dining experience.
Mark MacKinnon and Family, Paso Robles, Ca.

1 Thank OFF2THELAKE