“Central coast get away”

Wine Country RV Resort
Fresno, California
“Central coast get away”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

The RV resort is located in the Paso Robles Wine Country. Has full hookups satellite TV, pool, adult only Jacuzzi, and game room. Right in the heart of wine country. Minutes from J Lohr, Graveyard Vineyards, J&J Cellars, Tobin James and literally over 200 wineries. A great way to spend a weekend or week. Lots of great restaurants and hotels near by. Have wine tasting at the park all the time. Check out this part of California if you can. Had to put a room rating in even though we had our own RV.

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank Kelly R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
California
Reviewed December 18, 2011

After reviewing the negative review by Natalie titles "what a shame" I had to respond. This is an absolutely beautiful resort and the staff went above and beyond regarding customer serviice. I personally met the owner that Natalie refered to (Ken) and found him to be gracious and helpful to say the least. He personally made sure a staff member helped my husband and I get set up comfortably in our site. The office staff were cheerful and also went out of their way to make our trip enjoyable recommending things to do and places to eat. My hunch is that Natalie made a reservation for a holiday or event weekend and cancelled last minute. I have found that to be standard protocol for last minute cancellations in hotels and RV resorts. I loved my experience at this park. I especially like the rock jacuzzi! Though they have a lot of concrete spaces even more would be wonderful. I will definately go back!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank CaliforniaSusie
Ashland, Oregon
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We stayed here one night on our way home from Joshua Tree Nat Park. Although we were not there for the wine, it seemed as though it would be a good location for visiting local wineries and for visiting Hearst Castle. There was a water park across the street which, from the outside, looked like it would be fun for kids. The RV park itself was new and clean but definitely just an RV park... Rows of large rv's. If you are looking for an alternative to a hotel, need to have hook-ups, and mainly want to use your RV as a home base while you do local activities, then this a good choice. While we did not experience any of the blatant rudeness that other reviewers have spoken of, we would not say that the staff on the day of our visit were particularly welcoming or friendly. We asked for some literature on the park to give some friends and got the feeling that we were imposing on them.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Silverstar46
Norco, California
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I had to write a review after I saw some of the negative reviews!! We have stayed here multiple times and Never had a problem. The staff has ALWAYS been courteous and very helpful! It is a quiet park set in wine country. The park is spotless. It has a pool, two spa's and a gym. It sits adjacent to EOS (formally Firestone) Winery ...you can walk through a gate and to the winery.
GREAT FOR FAMILIES....There is a Family water park right across the street. The airport down the street has a great museum - The Estrella Warbird Museum. Hearst Castle is about a 45 minutes away. Pismo Beach.... also about 45 minutes away.
GREAT FOR COUPLES OR FRIENDS TRIPS.... GREAT Wineries, Eateries, and shopping Then back to the campground to hang out and sit in the adult rock spa!!
I LOVE this campground and so do ALL our friends and family!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SundayinNorco
Goleta, California
Reviewed July 31, 2011

I have been staying at this rv resort since operations began and have seen many changes - some good, some not so. After reading the mostly negative reviews I feel the need to add my two cents. The resort caters to rv's, travel trailers, and mega monsters some call home. No tents allowed. Their prices are on the high side making for a clientelle that favors luxury. So on that note, there are rules and regulations that need to be respected. After years of staying there my positives are: clean bathrooms, good space between sites, nice foliage that is kept pristine - views of hills around - relaxing pool area with plenty of seating - adult only hot tub with fabulous views - game room - nice walkways, well placed lighting - ease of booking - greast customer service - nice touches such as free wine tastings - and the infamous poker run - easy access to freeway and town. My negatives: bathrooms can get dirty when the park is busy - not enough attention to detail - no adult only pool (the pool gets overun some days - too many kids with unbehaved parents who do not watch them...), snobs who frequent the place and believe they own it - but hell - they are everywhere - game room too small - loud freeway noise - summer/special event rates are hiked too high - no usage of the top recreation area which would be great for movie nights, smore making, etc - not enough customer appreciation incentives...otherwise I love this place and will continue to go back and back and back again .

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank toplay
California
Reviewed July 30, 2011

This rv park is new looking and very clean. No tent camping but great for rv, travel trailers or pop ups. They have a large pool, adults only hot tub and a big TV gathering room. The Ravine water park is walking distance across the street, great fun for kids and adults. Add in some wine tasting and it makes for a fun for all family weekend!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank April W
Tulare
Reviewed May 20, 2011

Shame on you staff and owner. I agree with the negetive reviews I have read. Now I know where your staff is picking up such poor customer service skills, from the owner Ken. Instead of admitting to a mistake your employee has made and taking the loss of 1 night you blamed the customer and rather lose a group reservation . MY STORY: We made reservations a year ago and come Monday 05-16-11 we had to cancel Friday night due to a family commitment that has come up. Reservation was canceled with no problem. 2 days later another staff member calls and says she is reversing the reservation and making me pay for Firday night because staff member made a mistake and didnt realize they had a 3 might minimum for this weekend. they never disclosed to me that they had a 3 night minimum when I made reservations, I never even got a reservation confirmation. ONCE THE RESERVATION HAS BEEN CANCELED IT IS WRONG TO CHARGE THE CUSTOMER AGAIN. IT IS NOT THE CUSTOMERS FAULT THAT STAFF IS NOT PROPERLY TRAINED AND DOES NOT DISCLOSE THAT INFORMATION TO THE CUSTOMER. OWNER WAS VERY BELITTLING ON THE PHONE AND EXTREMELY RUDE ( great customer service do you think !)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family