“They should be rated #1 right with Justin and they are close...”

Tablas Creek Vineyard
Ranked #10 of 169 things to do in Paso Robles
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Just visitedd January 5th, 2012.
Tablas Creek has AMAZING wines. They just get it, no they are not a cult winery like booker, Torrin or a few others (where you simply can't get their product), they product generous amounts of 1st class wine. My favorite is their Paopile, and the others I can spell but the reds are highly rated. I do belong to their club, because it enables me to get case discounts. I always take wine when I'm dining out and give a lot away to family, etc. My favorites: Tablas Creek, Justin, Caliza, Denner, LAdventure, Terry Hoag (I do adore Torrin wine, and Booker but they are nearly impossible to get) and Jada, and an new one to add Oso Libre. For best value and excellent quality; Vina Robles, and J. Lohr has wine they do not mass market that is wonderfful...sorry, was this about Tablas Creek. You'll love their new ttasting room. Avoid busy days...try to get there when they open.

1  Thank bigwavecalifornia

Reviewed January 8, 2012

If you're looking for some wines beyond the usual Voignier, Chard, Cab, Zin, Merlot etc... come here. They've brought vines from the Rhone Valley, and we got a nice explanation on how they got started in California. Our guide had a charming Spanish (maybe Basque?) accent, which made it all the more fun :) Beautiful tasting room, roomy, but not ostentatious (glad they focus on the wine), with tables outside in a pleasant surrounding (a bit close to the parking lot, but oh well). Loved their wines!! We resist joining wine clubs since it kind of snowballs on us, and before we know it, we've got wine arriving at our doorstep every couple of weeks... but we joined this one, and I know we'll be buying the annual 6-bottle minimum easily!

2  Thank Gwen_G8990
Reviewed January 4, 2012

outstanding wines, presented in a suitable setting; consistent quality with a range of types of wines; excellent wine club

1  Thank paso57
Reviewed December 30, 2011

This is a small, clean, pleasant, intimate tasting room. Tablas Creek really stands out from other wineries in the area. There devotion to organic methods is more like a religion then a just a way of making wine. They serve clean well structured wines with some great reviews don't miss the unusually wines they serve here as well as there tried and true favorites. It is easy to kill a couple hours here but give yourself at least an hour.

1  Thank TunaSlayer
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Got to say that I'm surprised by some of the poor reviews. Our experience in the tasting room was excellent with great service - very welcoming and helpful. Tasted both whites and reds and bought some red, some to drink with our friends in Palm Springs (they loved it) and some to lay down. Wines are indeed more 'old world' than 'new world', refined rather than bold. Beautiful drive out to the winery. I'd recommend both the experience and the wine.

3  Thank freestyletoo