“Pretentious”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Pretentious”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

We had an amazing time in Paso last weekend we go once or twice every year. We are from the Sacramento area so often visit Napa/Sonoma and Amador counties. We make the trip to Paso once or twice a year because we enjoy the wine and love the people but must say this winery was the exception. I will start off by saying it was pretty and the wine was good but the service was something to be desired. The server a youngish woman who was the least friendly of any of the servers we encountered. We tried to be nice asked questions about the winery and she proceeds to tell us how originally they never wanted a tasting room. We asked why and she said and I quote "We are not in the hospitality business". Ummmm ok. We understand that you make wine but don't act like you are doing me any favors. With so many other wineries to visit I would say if you are only here for a short time you might want to skip this one and go somewhere else.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank shaylo05

Stanford
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Beautiful setting, good wine.”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Beautiful setting, very good wine. The tasting room is newly remodeled with intimate bars and experiences hosts. Great for a picnic. Worth the drive.

Visited November 2011
San Diego, California
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“So pretentious”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We read raving reviews of Tablas Creek and their wine and made an effort to get there on our Paso weekend. The wine was good, not nearly as great as some of the smaller boutique places. The tasting room was so overrated. We walked in and up to a tasting area, and were then chastised by someone who came with a clipboard and basically told us she was supposed to put us somewhere and how dare we just belly up to the bar. It was ridiculous. It really left a bad taste in our mouths, which may account for the wine being just okay too.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank darlene08
Houston, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“On the snooty side. For being way out there, don't bother.”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I was looking forward to visiting one of the only organic wineries in Paso Robles, however Tablas Creek really fell flat. It's way out there, however I wouldn't recommend the extra drive to get there. The tasting room had some neat windows that looked into the wine making area, but the vibe was just snooty (hard to put a finger on). Tastings are $10 pp, which is the norm for the area. There were many to choose from on the wine tasting menu (including many whites). I think we got to chose 5. The wine was fine. But that's about it. Just fine. I usually enjoy whites, but was not impressed with the wine, eventhough I tasted mostly whites. We paid cash for our tasting and were walking out of the winery when one of the women manning the cash register hollered back at us "ummmm excuse me, there is a wine tasing fee"... My boyfriend had to inform her that indeed we paid our fee to our server. Just rude! It seems as though all they care about is getting their money. The experience just wasn't enjoyable at all.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Lauren R
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“good wine”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Tablas is owned by a French wine making family and you can tell by the wine, mostly well-crafted Rhone varietals. Wine you can actually drink with food unlike many Paso Robles wines which are so high in alcohol they are more like cocktails or port than table wine. The tastings are generous compare to some others we visited.

Visited August 2011