“Excellent, Amazing, Wonderful”

La Bellasera Hotel and Suites
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
Reviewed December 1, 2010

Went up for a long weekend/birthday & were very pleasantly surprised. The rooms/suites are HUGE, luxurious & clean. The hotel offers 5-star customer service & the staff is very attentive. Even though they have earplugs in the room, I would highly recommend a room facing away from the freeway. We went during their low season (mid-November) so the room rates were more reasonable. We stayed at other places in the past but nothing compares. Overall excellent stay.

Reviewed November 28, 2010

My wife was very happy with my choice for Thanksgiving. I had called Justin Winery to see if they had a room at their great B&B. They were booked but recommended La Bellasera. My wife and I love shopping for wine at the great wineries on the Central Coast. I, as did a few other reviewers, felt the La Bellasera website made it seem the location was near or next to a vineyard. It turned out to be right next to a Hampton Inn off the 101 fwy, but easy to find.

The rooms were the best. We had a suite and it was very open and comfortable. It was cold outside so we did not try the patio attached to the suite. If it had been warm I would have sat outside and read. We had a reservation for Thanksgiving dinner at 3:30. at the hotel’s restaurant. but moved it up to 2pm since we were hungry after a drink at their very nice bar attached to the dining room. Diner was OK for me. I like my steaks rare but got it medium rare. It was still tasty. My wife had the traditional turkey dinner and was very happy with the food. Service was great.

In the morning I tried to make coffee using the in-room coffee maker but was stopped in my tracks as it leaked badly. I went to the front desk to tell the staff. In most cases the staff would try and replace the coffee maker but this staff just said “we will take care of it”, with no apology. I was thankful to find fresh coffee near the desk. When my wife and I came to have breakfast there was no one to seat us. We walked into the dining room and sat ourselves. No one made a comment.

Thinking back it would have been nice if the staff had made some comments about the piano player that played the grand in the evening. We would have come out and listened.
Overall it was a good night and we will come back. I will talk with the manager then and mention what I felt were some lapses by the staff.

1  Thank jfott2000
Reviewed November 28, 2010

A beautiful hotel but a little pricey. When you look at the pictures they are gorgeous. Then you arrive and find it is sandwiched between an old motel and a Hampton Inn. The location definately left something to be desired and the thermostat was a fixed temperature of 73 degrees that plus the warm down comforters meant had to open the window to patio door to cool off. The movies on order were not working properly and exited out every few minutes. When we asked the staff about it they said they didn't know how to fix it. For the price I would rather stay at the Paso Robles Inn which is way more central to downtown!

Reviewed November 28, 2010

The rooms are very large and the place is new and clean. But, given it is so new, I was surprised at the amount of room to room noise. Someone in a nearby room was re-decorating the place or doing calisthenics a good portion of the evening and morning.
We had a room facing away from 101 so no noise from the outside.

Staff was helpful and friendly.

I would avoid the restaurant. Quite expensive for what you get. Meat portions were large and well cooked but they were thrown on a plate of obviously frozen potato cubes and overcooked vegetables.

Reviewed November 7, 2010

We spent 3 nights to tour Paso Wine Country and other local areas, Staff help in arranging private wine tour with James of Bay Limo, and flowers to be delivered for my wife's surprise Birthday weekend celebration. The room/suite was extraordinary, very clean and comfortable. Only drawback while minor, we were on 2nd floor above restaurant and we could hear the Friday night bar activities going until about 10PM--not too bad but a minor distraction after a full day of wine tasting! Dinning at Enoteca is definitely worth staying in for-- great dinner menu and service- we had the coconut crusted Halibut (their specialty) and the Duck breast on pollenta- excellent and the suggested wine paring was perfect. Great location-close to downtown (if you are driving) and walking distance to typical shopping center for Starbucks and ??

Reviewed October 20, 2010

While the hotel was lovely, most things in the room did not work and needed attention before we used them. For a rooms that cost$300 & $400/night that weekend, we were very surprised. Front desk staff was generally attentive at least and tried to help when they could, but they were obviously under staffed and didn't always have direction on what to do. The fancy restuarant we had heard so much about was only average and they almost didn't serve us because the cash register didn't work, they only relented went we assured them we were just going to charge it to the room anyway. Which reminds me, they really messed up our bill, too, I had to stand at the front desk and get both rooms we reserved corrected befoe we checked out, too! (I hate having to do that, but it was off by serral hundred dollars). I shipped home a bunch of wine and other purchases, right after leaving I realized that I had left a pair of flip flops that I really liked and called to ask if they could find them and add them to the items to be shipped, they said they would call me back and let me know either way. No call and no flip flops in my shipment. I really should have been wary before I left as when I tried to make reservations it was a real pain, the internet reservations didn't work, I called in and the person handling the reservations gave me at least 4 different prices and of course settled on the highest ones, I called the manger to check on that and she still gave me the highest price and took several days to call me back, although she was very polite. We asked her to also order us some tickets for the Hearst Castle Tour she said the conceirge could do that and call us back, but she never did until I called again to complain several days later. All in all I think the hotel needs some more professional management, because the hotel was beautiful but the staff really didn't seem to always know what they were supposed to be doing or how to do it and things needed to be in better operating order - they obviously had little supervsion but were trying. The bellman couldn't be nicer. Just seemed like everyone else could really use some additional training and monitoring so they could have some quality standards on follow through. It's a shame, I really wanted to like it better.

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank ftwaggie
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Awesome the best hotel I have stayed. Every thing was perfect. The food was great. Did not want to leave.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple