“Awesome Location, very comfortable and fantasic dinning”

La Bellasera Hotel and Suites
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
Reviewed November 7, 2010

We spent 3 nights to tour Paso Wine Country and other local areas, Staff help in arranging private wine tour with James of Bay Limo, and flowers to be delivered for my wife's surprise Birthday weekend celebration. The room/suite was extraordinary, very clean and comfortable. Only drawback while minor, we were on 2nd floor above restaurant and we could hear the Friday night bar activities going until about 10PM--not too bad but a minor distraction after a full day of wine tasting! Dinning at Enoteca is definitely worth staying in for-- great dinner menu and service- we had the coconut crusted Halibut (their specialty) and the Duck breast on pollenta- excellent and the suggested wine paring was perfect. Great location-close to downtown (if you are driving) and walking distance to typical shopping center for Starbucks and ??

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 20, 2010

While the hotel was lovely, most things in the room did not work and needed attention before we used them. For a rooms that cost$300 & $400/night that weekend, we were very surprised. Front desk staff was generally attentive at least and tried to help when they could, but they were obviously under staffed and didn't always have direction on what to do. The fancy restuarant we had heard so much about was only average and they almost didn't serve us because the cash register didn't work, they only relented went we assured them we were just going to charge it to the room anyway. Which reminds me, they really messed up our bill, too, I had to stand at the front desk and get both rooms we reserved corrected befoe we checked out, too! (I hate having to do that, but it was off by serral hundred dollars). I shipped home a bunch of wine and other purchases, right after leaving I realized that I had left a pair of flip flops that I really liked and called to ask if they could find them and add them to the items to be shipped, they said they would call me back and let me know either way. No call and no flip flops in my shipment. I really should have been wary before I left as when I tried to make reservations it was a real pain, the internet reservations didn't work, I called in and the person handling the reservations gave me at least 4 different prices and of course settled on the highest ones, I called the manger to check on that and she still gave me the highest price and took several days to call me back, although she was very polite. We asked her to also order us some tickets for the Hearst Castle Tour she said the conceirge could do that and call us back, but she never did until I called again to complain several days later. All in all I think the hotel needs some more professional management, because the hotel was beautiful but the staff really didn't seem to always know what they were supposed to be doing or how to do it and things needed to be in better operating order - they obviously had little supervsion but were trying. The bellman couldn't be nicer. Just seemed like everyone else could really use some additional training and monitoring so they could have some quality standards on follow through. It's a shame, I really wanted to like it better.

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank ftwaggie
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Awesome the best hotel I have stayed. Every thing was perfect. The food was great. Did not want to leave.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2010

If you'll be visiting wine country and want a pretty nice hotel with nearby amenities like Target and Chili's, this is the place for you. We were traveling with our 3 year old to attend a wedding at a winery, so we chose this property. Upon check in, which was about 9 or 10pm, we were assigned a room that someone was already staying in!! We walking on in with our key and were very surprised to see the other guest's stuff and the room in disarray! We had to go back to the front desk to let them know & be reassigned which was a pain that late with a child. They were somewhat apologetic but not really - just like Whoops, we're sorry we'll get you in a similar room that is ready?? And they said to make up for that they would send champagne to our room the next day. Did they? Nope!
I also didn't like that the room we did get did not have a bathtub since my son isn't used to taking showers - so that was a pain. The pool was tiny and virtually right next to a parking lot and the highway, so that took away from the relaxation. The in-room computers were really nice, though - and we liked the beds too. However, the print-to-the front desk feature that was promoted all over the room did not work when we needed it to...to print out boarding passes and get on the road to San Jose Airport. I went to pick them up and was told, Oh, that doesn't work. So the lady said I was welcome to sign in again to the airline from her computer to print them off again - and I said forget it!! It was just very average all around....

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2010

We chose this hotel not knowing much about it or the region. We were here for 3 nights touring the wineries in the central coast of California. The hotel was beautiful. The rooms are all suites, very spacious with 2 lcd televisions. The hotel even provided free internet access right from the television. This is a boutique hotel with all the amenities of a 5 star luxury resort. It was located off the freeway which for some might be a problem but for us it was perfect to get to the wineries and restaurants with ease. We don't normally eat at a hotel restaurant but decided to give Enoteca a try and could not have been more pleased. Food and service were both top notch. We would definitely stay here again when visiting this part of California.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Shoegirl86
Reviewed October 4, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the La Bellasera as we were in Paso Robles touring the wineries and celebrating our wedding anniversary. We stayed at this hotel and spent the extra $$ on it because it was a special occasion for us. The Hotel is very nice, big rooms, clean and comfortable with a high end feel to it. The service was very good. It is located right off of hwy 101 and the 46 so it makes for easy trips to downtown Paso and healing off to the wineries, however it would be nice if it was located a few miles east or west as you have a small motel in front of it and a Hampton Inn located in back of it. The restaurant in the hotel, Enoteca is very nice. We had dinner there and it was just great. We enjoyed our stay at La Bellasera and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a high end hotel in Paso Robles.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2010

My husband and I picked this hotel based on the reviews. The hotel really is lovely and the rooms are all have a living room area and a bedroom area. Really nice bathrooms with granite counter tops, great soap products, plush robes and all that you would like in 5-star place.
We did have on difficulty when we first arrived in that the room with a balcony we had which they'd upgraded us to for free was facing the freeway and seemed a bit too noisy for us. We asked for a room away from the freeway which they happily let us move to and we were very happy. Beds were so comfortable!
The interesting thing is that that have really cool alarm clocks with all sorts of waves/rain/etc. type stuff to help relax you.
We were able to enjoy their free wine & cheese event on Friday. It was great! It was actually a local winery who came in and ran it, not just some hotel clerk putting out second rate wine. Wonderful!
This is an excellent location for jumping off to all parts of Paso Robles for wine tasting. It is only about 5 min. from downtown so that wasn't a problem at all.
Their workout room was really small and nothing to look forward to. Their pool area was really nice with a nice firepit area at night but it is pretty close to the freeway so not as relaxing as one might like.
I would stay here again absolutely!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple