“DESPERATELY looking for an excuse to go back, asap!”

La Bellasera Hotel and Suites
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
Los Angeles, CA
“DESPERATELY looking for an excuse to go back, asap!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2010

OMG, this hotel is the BEST hotel I can ever remember staying at. I've stayed at places that were just as lovely, but La Bellasera's staff and service orientation is what puts it head-and-shoulders above other hotels. I was there for a three-day leadership academy for work; my boyfriend went with me, and we had a truly AMAZING time.

First, the hotel is beautiful. It's true that it's not near the quaint old town and the view(s) from the room aren't great, but you aren't going there to stare out the window, right??? It's right at the beginning of a cute road that has numerous wineries along it, so it's got good access. The exterior of the hotel is great, and so is the inside lobby, but it's nothing compared to the rooms, which are FANTASTIC! If I understand the rest of the room choices, we probably had one of the least amazing rooms (no fireplace, no in-room spa), but it was *still* amazing!! It was a mini-suite, so comfortable, with a fabulous bed, and two big flat screen TVs - one in the bedroom and one in the living room. Not only is there free high-speed internet, THEY ACTUALLY PROVIDE A COMPUTER!! I couldn't believe it. The gift shop was tiny but adorable, the pool was wonderful, and the restaurant/bar was nice too.

But again, the BEST thing about this hotel is the staff. Michelle, a concierge at the front desk, was fantastic from the moment we arrived. My workshop started at 9am the first day, so my boyfriend had nothing to do until check-in, which wasn't scheduled until around 3pm. Michelle worked with the other front desk lady and housekeeping to get us into our room at noon, and also gave him all sorts of suggestions and maps to help him occupy himself for the few hours until then. She was like an old friend from the first second of interaction and she knew who we were every second, whether we walked in dressed to the nines, sopping wet from the pool/jacuzzi, or in pajamas. Over the course of the three days we were there, she chatted with us, helped us with all sorts of things, and was generally indispensable.

Tami, in hospitality, was charged with taking care of my whole work group for meal and snack service. She was there from the beginning of each of our days until the end, making sure that we had everything we needed, and trying to anticipate whatever we might want next. I had told our conference organizer beforehand that I don't eat meat or poultry, and, as soon as the academy started, Tami immediately wanted to know which one I was, so that she could make sure that I got the right food and enjoyed what I ate. She's mastered the fine art of taking care of all sorts of things without disrupting the event going on. She was awesome, and I complimented her to every management staff member I could find while I was there.

Tami and Michelle were so fantastic that it literally felt like my boyfriend and I were spending the a few days with friends. They chatted with us, shared their knowledge of the area, and generally just made us feel so welcome and so comfortable. Even the housekeeping staff was incredibly friendly! I never met any of them, but every time they saw us in the hallways, they would smile and WAVE!! Incredible. They seem happy to be there!

The only blight on the service was our academy's hotel event coordinator. She had shoulder-length straight dark hair and was assigned to be our conference liaison. Since I was just an attendee, I didn't have many direct dealings with her, but every time she came into our meeting room, she had a standoffish air and, unlike everyone else I encountered, did *not* seem happy to be there, or happy to be of service. I also happened to be near the front desk and heard/saw her speaking condescendingly to the front desk staff - staff who had been great all throughout my stay. That didn't help her make a good impression. Ironically, at any other hotel, she might've blended in, but because everyone else was SO fantastic, her lack of customer service sparkle really stood out like a sore thumb.

It's taken me almost a month to finally post this about our stay there, and it just makes me want to go back as soon as possible - thanks, Tami & Michelle!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank SL7165

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Cheadle Hulme, Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2010

We stayed at La Bellasera for the 3rd time this March. As previously, we stayed in a King Room with a spa in the lounge. The room is excellently appointed with a massive HD telly in the lounge. Perfect when you have come back from a "hard day" of wine tasting.
The bathroom is a good size with a huge shower and the jacuzzi in the lounge is easily big enough for the family.
We ate at the restaurant and had room service - the menu is the same for both. Whilst it was a little busy on the friday and saturday nights, the food was excellent. I would recommend the pork chop and rib-eye steaks. We had come from San Francisco and it was every bit as good (if not better) than the meals that we had eaten their.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Los angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2010

WE LOVED OUR STAY AT BELLASERA. We spent our honeymoon in Paso Robles, and after researching the area and the few hotels they have to offer we went with the Bellasera. Initially, we thought we were going to be staying in a large hotel, but when we arrived we noticed it was actually quite quaint. (four floors)
My husband and I are used to staying in large hotel chains where it doesn't get too personal. I loved that the women(Mary) that we booked the room with, was also the women we checked in with. She was also at the concierge desk for our entire stay and couldn't have been more helpful and accomadating. She would greet us by name everytime we entered the hotel!

Having the hotel right off the highway was a big convienance. That last thing i would want is to get lost. The hotel is also convienantly centered to many things, like downtown and many wineries.
The rooms were emaculate! They were large in size and had great features. I especially loved sitting in the jacuzzi tub, while researching restaurants online- through the television (no fee). Although, we didn't need to go far for a good meal. The Enoteca was delicious and has a very romantic setting.

Roomservice was also the best we had. They were very accomadating to me-being a very picky and particular person. We ordered breakfast and i asked for whipped cream. They didn't have any on hand so they whipped some up especially for me.

We also decide to book the wine wrangler tour. We couldn't have had a better time otherwise. We were able to visit six different wineries and one olive oil store, and have ample tastings, without having to worry about drinking and driving.

Overall, our honeymoon was amazing thanks to the staff at Bellasera and townspeople of Paso Robles!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LakerFans
San Diego (Americas Finest City)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2010

My wife and I deciced to stay here for our 2nd anniversary trip to Paso Robles wine country ererything about this hotel was exceptional, staff comfort and the room with the jacuzzi was so awesome. plus free use of internet actual computer in room.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Malibu, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2010

Jeremy, as mentioned in another review, greeted us at the door warmly and if we were old friends. Everyone was very pleasant and well trained. Our suite was more than we expected. The dinning room served a good dinner. If your looking for just an overnight stay or a visit to the many local wine country tasting rooms, this is the best place you'll find. It's a young Napa with affordable prices.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
San Francisco CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2010

We spent two nights at La Bellasera in late December on our way back to the SF Bay area after having spent three nights with family in Burbank. We had been somewhat afraid that the hotel might be too Walnut Creek/Las Vegas, instead we had a delightful stay. Two breakfasts, one lunch and two dinners were excellent (and my husband is Italian from Italy), we were upgraded to a spa in livling area, had excellent quality sheets, a wonderful shower in bathroom, and free linternet access that we used more than we would have liked to.
We'll definitely return.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
San Diego, Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2010

I went to Paso Robles for my wedding at Robert Hall. We were originally wanting to get married on Kauai and really wanted to have that destination feel. For many reasons, we decided it would be better if we moved it to somewhere in California, so thankfully we decided to get married in Paso Robles. It was important to us that we make it affordable for everyone, but we really wanted to stay in a boutique type hotel. La Bellasera was perfect. It exceeded all of our wants and needs. Moreover, it is across the parking lot from the Comfort Suites Inn, which was perfect for our guests that couldn't afford to stay at La Bellasera or had dogs.

*Anyway, La Bellasera was absolutely, hands down, amazing. The morning bellman, Jeremy, was phenomenal. He was so kind and so helpful with everything from loading and unloading the luggage into the cars to answering questions about where to go to watch a football game. So when you go, you need to meet him. He really is great. Then there was the bartender at the restaurant, Denis, who was also incredibly amazing. The night after our wedding, we all went back to La Bellasera's bar. First the food is amazing, but more than that, the ambiance is fun, friendly, and warm. I love fireplaces in restaurants. Back to Denis. There were 20+ of us and the hotel bar was supposed to close at midnight, but he didn't say a word when the clock struck twelve and kept serving us while not seeming to be bothered at all. His affect didn't change one bit. We finally left hours later. The next day all of our guests left and my husband and I decided to stay another night. We went to dinner in the restaurant because of all of the things previously mentioned and I love their filet dinner. Denis gave us free desserts as a congratulations.

Then there is Paul at the front desk. He was great, helpful and very understanding. My husbands family accidentally booked two rooms for his grandmother and there was a 48-72 policy (can't remember which one). He was so nice to let us cancel the room day of when his grandmother checked in, even though it was our mistake.

The room was beautiful. We had a large and very comfy bed in a room that could be closed off. In the sitting room, there was a couch and the best part... the jacuzzi tub. We sat in the jacuzzi and watched a movie on the flat screen t.v. The bedroom had a flat screen as well. The room was clean, very clean and I am a freak about cleanliness.

Here is the only caution and the one thing keeping La Bellasera from reaching perfection. There is a girl that works at the front desk and I don't know that I ever got her name. We met her a few times and she was very short, rude rather, and not helpful in the least. She has long blonde hair and wears glasses. If she is still working there, do not let her deter you. Everyone else more than makes up for her.

Now that I have written an essay (sorry about that), but I have so many great things to say about La Bellasera and I don't even feel like I scratched the surface. We are so very much looking forward to going back for our 1 year anniversary for certain, but hopefully we will make it up there before that. (Please excuse the typo's)

• Stayed November 2009