“Good choice in Paso”

La Bellasera Hotel and Suites
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Visiting Paso Robles for some wine tasting and made our plans too late to get into the downtown hotels. La Bellasera turn out to be a great choice, however. Out on the highway, smack next to a major shopping mall, it was really an oasis of hospitality. Rooms are actually two-room suites. Some have fireplaces. Large bathrooms. Wine tasting in the lobby on weekends. Restaurant was very pleasant for the breakfasts and lunch we had there. Poolside dining and sunning were marred by the whizzing cars and trucks -- the hotel is located right next to a major highway and sound barriers have not been installed. Nevertheless, a good value and great jumping off point for the food and wine scene in Paso.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

While this is a tad pricey for what it is, it is consistently nice. The bathrooms are rather nice, they have large full showers (no tubs). The towels are absorbant, thick. Bathrooms are always very clean. Some rooms have Jacuzzi tubs too (also clean). The beds are comfy with nice linens. Bath Amenities are very nice. Front desk staff is always friendly, efficient. Dining staff is very very pleasant and the breakfast is always great. Parking is ample. Downtown is a drive, about 15 minutes with traffic lights. No pool.

Room Tip: All the rooms have views of parking lot or freeway, no special location. Some rooms have a separate...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2013

A great place for a good nights sleep. The rooms are super spacious with a great lounge area separate from the sleeping area which is very nice if everyone doesn't want to go to sleep at the same time. The room has a lot of extra perks like a wet bar and a sound spa that make this hotel stand out. The staff is very friendly and they all went out of their way to make sure that we had everything that we needed while we were there. The hot tub and pool are kept very warm and are available at all hours as long as you don't cause a scene. That means a lot to us because we often get in late and a good soak in the hot tub is a perfect end to the day. The hotel is located close to town as well as numerous wineries.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is like an OK chain hotel with wider hallways. It is located at the highway exit leading to the many wineries along 46 West, so it is convenient. Its between the tiny town of Templeton and larger Paso Robles, but you need a car to get anywhere from the hotel except the strip mall that it is located next to (with PetCo and similar chains). The pool is fine but you can watch and hear the Highway 101 traffic from poolside, as can you from the rooms on the east side. The west side rooms have a nice view of the Hampton Inn across the parking lot. We were there for a Sunday night stay. Nice staff. We sat in the lobby for a few minutes and noticed some of the chairs had stains on them and later noticed the elevator carpet had clearly not been vacuumed...in fact not for the entire 24 hours we were there (and there is only one elevator - so not an oversight). No coffee in the room. Oddly they had what seemed to be some type of off-brand older desktop computer on the desk in the room. It was extremely slow and reminded me of the first desktop I ever owned (tax write-off for someone donating their old computers?). I guess its a nice thought for people who do not travel with a computer or forgot theirs...but perhaps better for guests to be able to borrow a newer model laptop if thats the idea behind the in-room computer. We opted for our laptops. Anyway not a bad hotel, but I would not choose to stay here again. We did not eat at the hotel mostly because I was so annoyed at the marketing that made one think there was any luxury to be had at this typical "marriott courtyard/hamptom inn" caliber place. Nice staff, but not at all what the name Bellaserra conjures up.

1  Thank 41KM
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was hoping for something a little more special given the price and the area. We did not eat in the restaurant so I can't comment on that. The staff was very nice and the little extra's in the room were above average. However, the mold in the bathroom shower was gross, the dust in the jetted tub a little thick and the view of bird poop from our window unattractive. We used the hot tub once but were a little grossed out by the floating bandaid. Our bill was wrong when we checked out which never leaves you feeling confident. So overall, just not that great. I don't think we will repeat the visit and we like going wine tasting in the area.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the Hampton Inn have glaring lights all night long.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for a 3-4 night stay every month for the past year and at first I loved this place. I come here for work and have had great experiences but the past few have been too complicated and the front desk has been very rude. The past 3 visits have resulted in a bill that doesn't match my reservation so I have been asked to open my email on my computer and physically show them the email that was sent from the hotel before they made any changes to the rates. The last trip was the last straw. Even after I showed 2 separate people at the front desk the email (on the incorrect bill), I was told that the rates in my confirmed reservation sent FROM THE HOTEL was simply wrong. Sorry Heidi but that wasn't cool. Don't take a reservation and send out a confirmation and then state that the rate won't be honored. She wound up adjusting but the hasstle of arguing over the rates was enough to keep me from coming back. The overall hotel is decent but pretty expensive considering what other hotels in the area charge. The rooms are nice and big. The restaurant is great but a little spendy. The pool is tiny but people rarely use it. I used to get excited about coming here but those days are over. Too many other great hotels in the area to choose from.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I really enjoyed my recent quick business stay. The basic room was more than I'd expected ($159 with AAA discount) with a really nice living room, wet bar, comfy chairs and ottoman, nice bath and amenities and very comfy bed/linens. I invited 10 business colleagues for a roundtable discussion in Enoteca. The food and service were really really good. The business colleagues were locals who hadn't had the chance to try Enoteca yet and they were favorably surprised, too.

Room Tip: my room faced the 101 but the view of the hills was beautiful. Windows opened for fresh air and not...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business