See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 30, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here quite a few times with no issues, but this time everything was horrible.
First room we were checked in to had a lock that did not work, not even the deadbolt. Manager assured us that no one would walk in and that the lock would be fixed after the holidays....which clearly didn’t help at that time.
Second room we checked in to did not have working lights in the bathroom, they had plugged in a tall lamp for bathroom light. Then the light above in the room did not work, but the bedside table lamps could provide enough light, the manager assured us. Also the remote for the tv did not work and didn’t have a backing on it. Floors were extremely dirty, wore socks the entire stay and didn’t even chance taking a shower....it looked like it hadn’t been cleaned.
When we went to check out no one was in the office and two other couples were also trying to check out. No one came for 10 minutes. We left for breakfast and figured we would check out when we got back, so we kept the key. When we returned from breakfast our room door was wide open. The maid was in another room in the next building. Luckily we had already put our valuables in our car. Totally not professional especially since we hadn’t even technically checked out yet.......
Will never stay here again!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2018

If you are thinking about staying here- please review my statement below.
I'm not sure about some of the reviews that are showing 4 to 5 rating. I have pictures backing up my review. I'm not sure if I can contact health service or not but I'm willing to try. My girlfriend and I came up to Paso for the Harvest Festival. We had another room picked out but it only had one bed. So my girlfriend started to look for something with two beds. She found "The Inn on Spring". Not sure what this place cost normally, but they were asking $187.00 a night with taxes. With this price, I would expect a clean and safe place to rest my head. This place should never ever charge over $75 per night and that's being generous. Once we arrived, we threw our bags in room and headed out for dinner. We came back and started to see the disgusting floors, walls, lamp shades, blood on door trim, shower grunge and such. We immediately when to management to let them know. Three people came over to inspect our complaints. The one guy that checked us in said that it wasn't blood and proceeded to touch it. The lady said it was make-up. The last person said nothing. The first guy took off pretty up set with us and I thought was very rude not to address your customers and dis us. You would think management would have offered to at least attempt to address our complaints by offering to clean it or change our room but unfortunately this didn't happen. After they left, I called Expedia to complain and proceeded to request for our money back so we could find another hotel. Expedia said they contacted the hotel and it was up to their discretion to return our money. We never heard back from the hotel but I did get a follow up e-mail from Expedia saying it was up to hotel. My girlfriend left with several bites on her leg even though we didn't see spiders or bed bugs. Seeing how dirty this room was, it wouldn't surprise me if they did have them. You would expect that a hotel that the décor was updated would show better pride and clean their rooms. Either the maid needs to be fired or the management staff for not staying on top of the maid. The only positive review I have for this place was the bed was comfy. Please review the pictures so you know my review is totally on the up and up. I hope you find this review to be of service and I hope if wakes up MANAGEMENT. I would never ever recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room tip: Unless this place cleans up their act - my advice is do not stay here.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2018

I needed a budget room, and Paso Robles is not so much a budget town. So I stopped here. This appears to be an old 1940s and 50s motor court that was once on the main highway through town. It has been significantly renovated and in someways, it has been done well.

The floor was noticeably uneven--a structural problem. The shower was recently tiled and it was done to a fine quality. In other ways, it still needs work and additional furnishing improvements. This, of course, takes money and the owners seem to be slowly bringing the motel up to an increased standard. It does have curb appeal.

I saw no pool. Know that this place is mostly for folks who want a room for a night. If you have kids, there is not much for them to do here other than stay in the room. That might work depending on the circumstances. There was no breakfast of any kind, and the coffee in the room was utterly inadequate, even by budget motel standards.

The linens seemed clean and were adequate for comfort. It is in a quiet area. My room had a heavy, unpleasant smell, and I do not know if this was just my lucky night or if all the rooms are so. This was enough for me to not return. Perhaps this can be addressed.

Perhaps look at the room before agreeing to occupy it. Check out the smell. If one in your party is unsteady on their feet, then definitely see if the room has a level, even floor.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2018

Stayed here for a wine tasting trip. We didn't have any complaints. The room was small but I don't think anyone can change that lol. It was clean and quiet... all I care about! It looks like they are renovating so wouldn't mind coming here again especially since it's close to downtown and not as expensive as the other hotels in the area.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 23, 2018

Visited Paso for a few days and was happy to find this spot. The rate was reasonable and although the room was small, it was well equipped and most importantly, clean. I read reviews before showing up and I was a little hesitant but as usual, I don't understand people. My husband and I will definitely return whenever we are back in this area.

Date of stay: May 2018