“Great Way to Visit the Wineries”

Wine Wrangler - Day Tours
Full-Day Small-Group Hearst Castle Adventure from Paso Robles
Ranked #1 of 154 Food & Drink in Paso Robles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: After residing in Paso Robles for a decade, Coy and Sarah Barnes turned their passion for wine, entertaining, and the rural countryside into a thriving little tour company called “The Wine Wrangler”. The Wine Wrangler was created on August 3, 2004 as Paso Robles’ first, authentic wine tour company. Within a year the couple wanted to create an opportunity for everyone to enjoy the Paso Robles wine tasting experience throughout the year, in the comfort of their own homes. They created the first and only wine club featuring Paso Robles wines and took their family business to whole new level. Coy, an educator and winemaker, grows his own zinfandel, cabernet sauvignon, and syrah on the family’s property in Paso Robles. When he’s not escorting visitors through the wine country, he’ll be rustling up wines from some of his favorite Paso Robles wineries and sharing them with the world through his Paso Robles Wine Club. Our greatest pleasure is to help people from out of the area to discover the diversity and finesse of Paso Robles wines. Coy & Sarah Barnes
Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great Way to Visit the Wineries”
Reviewed April 19, 2009

My husband and I stayed at a local hotel and booked the wine wrangler through them as part of a package. What a great way to tour several wineries in one day without worrying about driving. Bruce, our guide, knew everything about the wine and the wineries. He was great company during the trip. This includes a great picnic lunch which we ate at one of the wineries with a great view. Being a part of this tour also gives you discounts on your wine purchases.

Don't count on sitting and sipping your wine though. You spend your time standing and sipping while the wines are explained. It's very interesting and great fun but not really a relaxing day. The relaxing part comes later when you get home and spend the evening sipping one of your purchases.

1 Thank travelingmomOhio

Claremont, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Absolutely Great!”
Reviewed March 1, 2009

Although my husband and I have gone on wine tasting tours before, this was our first experience in Paso Robles. I'm glad we chose the Wine Wrangler because our guide, Bruce, was great and he provided us with an experience far superior to anything we had encountered previously! He seemed to have a great rapport with the different wineries and I felt like the wineries gave us superior service because we were with Wine Wrangler. I noticed another tour company at one of the wineries, and while we had our own private tasting, the other company was just in the general tasting room. Having our own personal pourer who was so knowledgable about the winery made for an incredible experience. We visited a total of 5 wineries, with the tasting fees included, and we had lunch at the third winery. If you're going to Paso Robles, you have to use the Wine Wrangler, you won't regret it!!

3 Thank LisaAndrea
Thornton, Colorado
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“best one yet!”
Reviewed August 24, 2008

I have done wine day tours like this one before and was blown away by the level of service from start to finish with the Wine Wrangler. I had started to book with another group, and thank goodness they were totally not helpful b/c when I stumbled on Wine Wrangler, I switched to them for my day, and what a blessing I did! They picked up right at my hotel on time and Phil the driver was a total character and well versed in all things wine in Paso Robles. Went to five wineries and enjoyed them all, Phil provided info and suggestions for everything at each place. And the tasting fees were included which is a huge plus. And b/c we were with the Wine Wrangler several of the wineries gave discounts. Lunch was served at the third winery , nice food, though a little carb-heavy. I had make a couple of requests for my lunch meal that were that were not attended to but I didn't let that spoil my day. Such a great experience traveling with the Wine Wrangler, and such good choices. Can't wait to come back to Paso and taste again! Thanks Phil, and the Wine Wrangler, for a wonderful day.

2 Thank travelwork
huntington beach, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“great wine tasting and fun”
Reviewed April 27, 2008

this was my first time wine tasting and i had so much fun. they picked us up right on time from our B&B in cambria. our tour guide was friendly and extremely knowledgeable. we visited 6 wineries, half of which were small and intimate (where the best wine comes from) and the other half more widely known. the lunch they bring you is made at a local bakery and absolutely delicious. i would suggest going during the week because sometimes if you travel with a large group it is harder to find places than can accommodate 16 tasters at one time. if havent been wine tasting before, dont want to drive, or have never visited paso robles i suggest booking a trip with the wine wrangler, you wont be disappointed!

2 Thank karennn
tancurls
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun Fun Fun”
Reviewed February 5, 2008

My husband and I are in our thirties, and this was our first wine tour by a van and we had a wonderful experience. They pick you up at your hotel and your journey begins. We went about five winery's that were off the beaten path (we would have never found them on our own) the driver we had was an older gentleman that was very knowledgeable and friends with the staff at the winery's. Most of the winery's we visited we felt like old friends. A great lunch was packed for us and we got to do barrel tasting and a full tour of one of the winery's. No pressure to buy bottles of wine, we even got offered a great price on a discontinued bottle at one of the winery's. There were a few other couples and a group of four other women with us about eight in all on the tour. Everyone was having fun and pretty good friends at the end. If you want a laid back, fun knowledgeable tour this is for you.

3 Thank tancurls